(Topic ID: 307251)

LTG-Lloyd Appreciation-Axed After 9 yrs. by Ruthless JJP!!!

By jimwe5t

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CE431801-50F7-40E7-B2F0-76EBAD2CB532 (resized).jpeg
    street-fighter-sf2.gif
    200.gif
    504A5CA9-AF4E-43D5-85D3-860479791117.gif
    He Never.gif
    Screenshot_20220103-122930_Google (resized).jpg
    nelson-haha (resized).png
    Kramer (resized).jpg
    28EB8E63-7978-479D-9E05-693CF9C96BDF (resized).jpeg
    fishing-for-attention-dont-mind-me.gif
    E23B45E4-5EF3-4126-BE6F-DA1E0B0DCE1B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#18 2 years ago

Have to say for a company that had the toughest year for customer support, issues, and customer relations this has to be one of the stupidest moves I have seen. New buyers and demand in the pinball hobby have sky rocketed and continue to grow daily and their brain storm solution is dump one of their Cheapest and most committed resources for customer relations?? A mascot of phone, forum, social media; and beyond for close to 50 Years and “your services are no longer needed”?? What a bone head move in my opinion. You basically did that job for Free 7 days per week yet they can do better without you. Lol. That’s a marketing support double fail in my book. Sad day and decision for JJP. Always loved their products but that was hedged knowing they had friendly accessibility to Help if things didn’t go well and that was always through LTG. It’s one thing to omit warranty it’s a bit different to start tossing out invaluable access to support. Sad day JJP

#26 2 years ago

Lol. Was wondering why I didn’t see this thread but apparently the only one I ignore started it.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

There is probably more to this story than we see. However that is between JJP and LTG.

Not really. At the very least (let’s say hard times ahead) you would think a call from Jack farewell would have been nice but I’m betting not sadly.

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

You gotta laugh at this stuff... What company would sack a person that isn't even being paid? Let alone some one like LTG... sheesh. This makes no sense.
    Lloyd is invaluable to pinball period. Huge asset to this site... It's just comforting knowing that he is here to help with whatever machine issue we may have.
    So Lloyd know anything about old Corvettes?

He goes all the way back to horse and buggy. A 60’s Vet should be no issue. (I’m hoping they took his “list” with the job so I’m not on it) lol

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Working in the medical industry I can think of several reasons but hesitate to bring the subject up. It maybe as innocuous as labor laws and minimum wage since LTG might be considered an uncompensated employee.
    Ultimately between LTG and JJP.
    LTG is an asset to the hobby with always a kind word to be said, a model worth emulating.

I believe he was more a contractor then an employee which was LTG’s preferred offer to JJP because especially in the beginning money was tight for them and he didn’t want them to be obligated to continue funding him as salary they likely would not be able to maintain. Receiving a product was his (LTG) way of showing he believed in what they were doing and hedging his compensation on them succeeding. Which in turn he could use at his soon 50 year old arcade to Further promote the product and Earn his own hourly wage via customers enjoying the games. Mathematically if they gave him one game every 2 plus years, factory cost likely around 6k, worked 12-12 midnight 363 days, his compensation was around .43 cents per hour at best excluding time at shows when he had to close his business to support live. I can’t find anyone to mow my lawn for less then 10/hour lol. Smart business play JJP? API really should jump on this contract.

#142 2 years ago

On the plus side….. For LTG’s SS Billiards Grand 50TH anniversary (September??) there will be a few JJP games to put our drinks on while we pump 20 dollar bills into the CGC games! Maybe a JJP neon light bomb fire in the parking lot? Lol. As I honestly don’t know, how many arcades have survived for 50 YEARS? That to me is Beyond dedication to the hobby as it’s honestly not the path to wealth. Economy’s, pandemics, construction, technology changes, depression (s), and more yet he still shows up every day to open the doors and share his dedication to the hobby he loves. Priceless!

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Unless this move was requested by Lloyd, and there is no legal issue with it, then JJP looks like idiots in this. And this is coming from a JJP owner and fan (or at least was a fan - this stinks to high Heaven)

LTG never quits. He has 50 years to prove it.

#151 2 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

My understanding is that JJP would provide their latest pinball machine to Lloyd as ‘compensation’ for his customer support. JJP makes a game every 2 years or so. Let’s say they are 12000, that is only 6k a year for a knowledge person like Lloyd on the phones all year, and a well known, well respected, steadfast ambassador for your company (that’s great marketing). So that’s 6k for a support resource and marketing layup and as a company you walk away from that!?!?! WTF?

All true though the company Cost of that machine (payment) is nowhere near a 12k value. My guess is 6k and he never got CE’s.

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Agree, the OP definitely has an axe to grind with JJP and clearly is a Stern fan boy. But he isn’t wrong on calling out JJP on this one IMHO.

Lol. Oddly the One time I have actually agreed with him.

#217 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I see this has turned into a "screw JJP" without a shred of evidence of malfeasance on JJPs part.
    All anyone knows is that Llyod and JJP has parted company and some of you jump to the worst possible conclusion.
    A sad state of affairs.

What type of “evidence” do you need to find a conclusion? Unlike releasing Butch the facts of their decision are all here. This isn’t a typical Pinside theory thread or speculation, it’s fact and acknowledged by LTG. If it’s no big deal to you that’s fine he didn’t start the thread nor ask for anyones sympathy just acknowledged the facts without any negative or viral hate associated with their decision. If you feel he’s Happy about their decision after his commitment to us and the company that that would be your decision. Others (like myself) feel as fact this was a Poor unjustified decision that Will effect Us and in part them in supporting this product and company. On the plus side, CGC customers will get Incredible support 7 days per week, fact.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ltg-loyd-appreciation-axed-after-9-yrs-by-ruthless-jjp?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.