(Topic ID: 307251)

LTG-Lloyd Appreciation-Axed After 9 yrs. by Ruthless JJP!!!

By jimwe5t

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CE431801-50F7-40E7-B2F0-76EBAD2CB532 (resized).jpeg
    street-fighter-sf2.gif
    200.gif
    504A5CA9-AF4E-43D5-85D3-860479791117.gif
    He Never.gif
    Screenshot_20220103-122930_Google (resized).jpg
    nelson-haha (resized).png
    Kramer (resized).jpg
    28EB8E63-7978-479D-9E05-693CF9C96BDF (resized).jpeg
    fishing-for-attention-dont-mind-me.gif
    E23B45E4-5EF3-4126-BE6F-DA1E0B0DCE1B (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 2 years ago

It saddens us all to hear that as of today, one of, if not the only good thing about JJP’s almost nonexistent customer service department/representative’s, has been shown the door by ruthless JJP. Please show your appreciation for Lloyd’s many years of service to us in the pinball community. Countless times Loyd has tirelessly helped us in endless ways with our always problematic JJP products. Without him, there would be almost no help from JJP.

He has saved me so many times with my almost endless JJP poor quality products, I give big thanks for Lloyd. He gave all most 9 years of service and never received a dime from the cheapskates at JJP. Sure they gave him 1 pinball machine, but that is laughable and the very least anyone would do for someone stamping out all the endless fires, because of such terrible JJP poor quality products. Lloyd was always the first one on the spot doing continual crowd control for all the angry unsupported JJP customers.

Please show your support for Lloyd in this thread by recounting the times he has helped each one of us. Again Lloyd, you will always be affectionately remembered by each one of us!!

#2 2 years ago

I am not familiar with Llyod's situation but he has helped me many times. Suggesting using a T handle allen wrench for flipper screws and how to disgnose a ground issue with my Mando that spazzed from static electricity transfer are just the latest ones.

#3 2 years ago

Sad to hear. Lloyd helped me with my WOZ many times. The only JJP game I still have. A company I will not buy products from unfortunately due to known issues with the games!

#4 2 years ago

Thats sad to hear. LTG has been a huge help to this community and has taken a lot of burden off JJP with his help here. He has prevented me from making a LOT of calls to JJP for issues I have had.

#5 2 years ago

Wow. I didn't expect this. Thank you for the kind words my friend !

It's been a heck of a run. Over 8 3/4 years ago Jack hired me. During which time I became friends with some of the best people there has ever been working in pinball. I've became friends with most of the distributors. And more importantly friends with many of the customers.

I'll always be grateful for the opportunity Jack gave me. And I wish him and the company all the best going forward.

I'll miss all the contacts needing help with their JJP games. Here on Pinside, PMs, email, calls to four phone numbers, Facebook, other forums, and people stopping into my arcade needing help. Or wanting to go over a JJP pin inside and out and where to buy them. Not quite 24/7 support, but some days it's been close.

Thank you all ! Sincerely,
    LTG : )

#6 2 years ago

He’s been a huge help to me since day 1 in this hobby .Not all his tech questions are posted in the threads .I know I’ve messaged him mostly on the side .

#7 2 years ago

Oh wow,, now that's a terrible news. Quite frankly the only reason I bought a second JJP after suffering like I did with WOZ, was because I knew Lloyd would be here to help, I never had any hopes with JJP service while Lloyd was available, nice, helpful and super skilled.

This sucks.

#8 2 years ago

Not JJP games but he's helped me on quite a few occasions. LTG is the man!!

#9 2 years ago

never owned a JJP, but LTG is a man to be respected

#10 2 years ago

Wow that just blows my mind .WOZ was my first and might have been my last without his help .Not only the tech part, but he was always was in the anti threads doing damage control .He actually got me to calm down about PF issues on my GnR being the class act he is .I’ll hold back the rest of what I want to say as actions speak louder than words ! JJP doesn’t deserve Lloyd .

#11 2 years ago

Thanks for all the help Lloyd, best tech support I've ever seen without a doubt!

#12 2 years ago

Carl Jung would say that this is a good thing. Now he is free and can spread his wings. Unbound and unlimited. Obviously a very talented person.

#13 2 years ago

Never had an issue for him to solve, but always appreciated the way he handled and responded to others. No smart ass comebacks, no negativity, just always a good solution to a problem. He will be missed in the jjp forums.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Wow. I didn't expect this. Thank you for the kind words my friend !
    It's been a heck of a run. Over 8 3/4 years ago Jack hired me. During which time I became friends with some of the best people there has ever been working in pinball. I've became friends with most of the distributors. And more importantly friends with many of the customers.
    I'll always be grateful for the opportunity Jack gave me. And I wish him and the company all the best going forward.
    I'll miss all the contacts needing help with their JJP games. Here on Pinside, PMs, email, calls to four phone numbers, Facebook, other forums, and people stopping into my arcade needing help. Or wanting to go over a JJP pin inside and out and where to buy them. Not quite 24/7 support, but some days it's been close.
    Thank you all ! Sincerely,

It's been well documented elsewhere on this site, but I wouldn't still be in this hobby without LTG. He got me under the hood for the first time and gave me the confidence to fix and restore games. For that I'll forever be grateful--not to mention he's one of the greats in this hobby.

But meh...I still know how to bother him if I have a problem.

(And PS - I still think the OP is just using his praise of Lloyd to troll JJP...you can't get your passive-aggressive moves past ME, buddy!)

#15 2 years ago

I’ve known Lloyd since the good old days of RGP back when it was fun, and was a member of Team-EM for those that were there that remember. Times change as do the people that join these sites. Sadly it was ruined by some and then bombarded with crap. Quite a few people including myself stayed till it was just horrible and finally ventured to Pinside.

Lloyd is the most kindest, level headed, knowledgeable human being I have met through this hobby and he continues to be…that’s just the way he his. I always looked forward to his posts to learn or at least get a laugh…he’s a pretty comical feller! : ) He is also a animal lover(His Prada) which goes a long way with me and also tells a good story about a human.

I could go on. Sorry Lloyd about JJP but they’re the ones losing not you. I don’t think I’m speaking for myself when I write this, but if so that’s ok. You are well loved.
    Russ

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's been well documented elsewhere on this site, but I wouldn't still be in this hobby without LTG. He got me under the hood for the first time and gave me the confidence to fix and restore games. For that I'll forever be grateful--not to mention he's one of the greats in this hobby.
    (And PS - I still think the OP is just using his praise of Lloyd to troll JJP...you can't get your passive-aggressive moves past ME, buddy!)

Nothing is further from the truth. This thread is dedicated to Lloyd and no other purpose. Just because JJP does not come out looking good over this, JJP apologists try to make it into a “troll” thing and name calling. For shame pal, for shame. And JJP shouldn’t come out looking good after treating Lloyd this way; such a loyal dedicated laborer on behalf of JJP, being axed by them.

#17 2 years ago

Wow! This is crazy news. One more reason I will never buy a JJP game. Glad we still have him with CGC

#18 2 years ago

Have to say for a company that had the toughest year for customer support, issues, and customer relations this has to be one of the stupidest moves I have seen. New buyers and demand in the pinball hobby have sky rocketed and continue to grow daily and their brain storm solution is dump one of their Cheapest and most committed resources for customer relations?? A mascot of phone, forum, social media; and beyond for close to 50 Years and “your services are no longer needed”?? What a bone head move in my opinion. You basically did that job for Free 7 days per week yet they can do better without you. Lol. That’s a marketing support double fail in my book. Sad day and decision for JJP. Always loved their products but that was hedged knowing they had friendly accessibility to Help if things didn’t go well and that was always through LTG. It’s one thing to omit warranty it’s a bit different to start tossing out invaluable access to support. Sad day JJP

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Lloyd will have more time to spend in your thread!!

#20 2 years ago

Lloyd was predicting this when I visited him recently.

My plan, call LTG for tech support, and pay him directly.

If I dont do that, Ill get stuck with 1-900-BOOB-Tec. Lord help us all.

Jim

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Have to say for a company that had the toughest year for customer support, issues, and customer relations this has to be one of the stupidest moves I have seen. New buyers and demand in the pinball hobby have sky rocketed and continue to grow daily and their brain storm solution is dump one of their Cheapest and most committed resources for customer relations?? A mascot of phone, forum, social media; and beyond for close to 50 Years and “your services are no longer needed”?? What a bone head move in my opinion. You basically did that job for Free 7 days per week yet they can do better without you. Lol. That’s a marketing support double fail in my book. Sad day and decision for JJP. Always loved their products but that was hedged knowing they had friendly accessibility to Help if things didn’t go well and that was always through LTG. It’s one thing to omit warranty it’s a bit different to start tossing out invaluable access to support. Sad day JJP

You speak the truth my friend Dave. It is one of the dumbest “bone head” moves ever by JJP.

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Nothing is further from the truth. This thread is dedicated to Loyd and no other purpose. Just because JJP does not come out looking good over this, you JJP apologists try to make it into a “troll” thing and name calling. For shame pal, for shame. And JJP shouldn’t come out looking good after treating Loyd, such a loyal dedicated laborer on behalf of JJP, being axed by them.

You do know I'm not a JJP apologist, right? I own a WOZ and that's it. Not everything needs to be an online war. SMH...

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from Flowst:

Lloyd was predicting this when I visited him recently.
    My plan, call LTG for tech support, and pay him directly.
    If I dont do that, Ill get stuck with 1-900-BOOB-Tec. Lord help us all.
    Jim

Hey! I fix yer shit AND give you a free handie!

#24 2 years ago

Thanks Lloyd hope your are doing fine, and realize how appreciate you are!!

#25 2 years ago

Take heart Pinsiders, believe Lloyd is still hanging his hat out west in the Canyon too..

E23B45E4-5EF3-4126-BE6F-DA1E0B0DCE1B (resized).jpegE23B45E4-5EF3-4126-BE6F-DA1E0B0DCE1B (resized).jpeg

#26 2 years ago

Lol. Was wondering why I didn’t see this thread but apparently the only one I ignore started it.

#28 2 years ago

jimwe5t can you please correct your spelling of Lloyd's name. It's spelt with two consecutive L's.

Lloyd will always be an asset to us here on Pinside, in any post he makes in the future and all those he's already made that help people on a daily basis when they search here on Pinside. If JJP are too miserable to pay Lloyd for his services, it's their loss. Customers won't always remain customers, especially when the service drops away.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

jimwe5t can you please correct your spelling of Lloyd's name. It's spelt with two consecutive L's.
    Lloyd will always be an asset to us here on Pinside, in any post he makes in the future and all those he's already made that help people on a daily basis when they search here on Pinside. If JJP are too miserable to pay Lloyd for his services, it's their loss. Customers won't always remain customers, especially when the service drops away.

You’re right, fixed name to correct spelling, thanks! You’re comment about Lloyd not being paid is spot on. JJP should have been paying him all these years. The laborer is worthy of his hire. I would dare say they should at the very least give him a $10k bonus for each year of service, which is only the cost (was the cost anyway) of one pinball machine. Come on JJP pony up a $90k retirement bonus for Lloyd. It is the very least you could do for such untiring devotion, all these years by Lloyd! His contributions to JJP I would dare say are greater than just about anyone that has ever worked there. Pinside threads are loaded with proof of Lloyd’s untiring efforts to solve the incredible endless poor quality issues from JJP products.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

You’re right, fixed name to correct spelling, thanks! You’re comment about Lloyd not being paid is spot on. JJP should have been paying him all these years. The laborer is worthy of his hire. I would dare say they should at the very least give him a $10k bonus for each year of service, which is only the cost (was the cost anyway) of one pinball machine. Come on JJP pony up a $90k retirement bonus for Lloyd. It is the very least you could do for such untiring devotion, all these years by Lloyd! His contributions to JJP I would dare say are greater than just about anyone that has ever worked there.

Lloyd is fantastic, and has helped me in the past as well. But there are a lot of fantastic people at JJP like Keith, Eric, Joe, Pat, and now Steve. JJP has some fantastic, talented, and hard working people. As does Stern and Spooky to be honest. Thanks again Lloyd!

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Lloyd is fantastic, and has helped me in the past as well. But there are a lot of fantastic people at JJP like Keith, Eric, Joe, Pat, and now Steve. JJP has some fantastic people. As does Stern and Spooky to be honest. Thanks again Lloyd!

Those people all good are fairly compensated by JJP. How many of those people would work at JJP for 9 years in I would dare say the most important role of stamping out all the fires for no pay???

#32 2 years ago

So basically, what you are saying, is JJP doesn’t have any support now. Neat. Super special company. Perhaps they need to hire a MBA who knows how to lead by example.

#34 2 years ago

Mind blown ...

#35 2 years ago

Well I don’t know the story, and outside of Lloyd, I’m fairly sure nobody in here does either. What is clear is that JJP lost a huge asset, and as has been mentioned, a guy who actually helped people pull the trigger on buying their games. His presence in the Dialed In owners thread is the reason I bought one. I’m sure he won’t be a free agent for long, unless he chooses to be.

#36 2 years ago

Lloyd is the best!

#37 2 years ago

Lloyd is the man!

I heard he once went to Burger King and ordered a Big Mac....and got one!

#38 2 years ago

Does anyone have LTG’s Venmo or PayPal? I’d love to send a few $$ his way for all the help he’s given me.

#39 2 years ago

I’ve never owned a JJP so I can’t speak to their product but sad to hear this news.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from mslow:

Does anyone have LTG’s Venmo or PayPal? I’d love to send a few $$ his way for all the help he’s given me.

Please. NO.

My reward has always been just trying to make my corner of pinball a little bit better.

#41 2 years ago

Just when you thought JJP couldn't come up with anymore asinine ideas ...

#42 2 years ago

I really feel for Lloyd, a man with the pin/tech knowledge he has. This just makes no sense...

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Just when you thought JJP couldn't come up with anymore asinine ideas ...

True, axing Lloyd is even lower than when Jack actually blamed us the customers for all the PF problems.

#44 2 years ago

With all the issues of late JJP has been experiencing, their tardiness of tech support, their playfield issues in which someone hinted it might be the consumer themselves causing some of those issues **cough** and now they way they handled LTG. I can honestly say that I'm glad to see my GNR go out the door and pretty much done with a company that not only has terrible support for their consumers but major disrespect for their employees too.

Unless we all misread the situation about Lloyd getting the axe, which I don't believe for silence speaks pretty loudly otherwise we would have been corrected, I'm done with them.

Bring on more Stern, Spooky, CGC, American Pinball and whomever else chooses to create for this wonderful hobby.

Lloyd I love to wish you all the best but I have a feeling you won't need it as someone will scoff you right up if it hasn't happened already. Thanks for you being you all these years from Pinside to RGP.

#45 2 years ago

Your a man with many hats from what I can gather. I’m sure you will find or already have a plan in place. Thanks for your help in this community.

#46 2 years ago

I don’t understand this. Did Jack give any reason? As Yelobird said perfectly, why would they do this when their customer service has been struggling so much?

Lloyd is awesome

#47 2 years ago

Helped me a couple of times getting 90's Williams pins up and running. Much appreciation to you LLoyd!

#48 2 years ago

I have never personally met Lloyd and he would not know me from Adam. But through the forum he has communicated with me multiple times over the last 15 years and offered me sound advice that has helped me resolve multiple repair issues.

I see him post frequently; probably daily, to help all of us out. He is never impatient or condescending when dealing with some who need a lot of even basic explanations and repeating of instructions. He posts many useful links.

Must just be one hell of a nice guy. So here’s to you Lloyd - can’t imagine JJP is better off without you.

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I don’t understand this. Did Jack give any reason? As Yelobird said perfectly, why would they do this when their customer service has been struggling so much?

There is probably more to this story than we see. However that is between JJP and LTG.

#50 2 years ago

All I know is JJP made a HUGE mistake parting ways with LTG.

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ltg-loyd-appreciation-axed-after-9-yrs-by-ruthless-jjp?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.