(Topic ID: 307251)

LTG-Lloyd Appreciation-Axed After 9 yrs. by Ruthless JJP!!!

By jimwe5t

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CE431801-50F7-40E7-B2F0-76EBAD2CB532 (resized).jpeg
    street-fighter-sf2.gif
    200.gif
    504A5CA9-AF4E-43D5-85D3-860479791117.gif
    He Never.gif
    Screenshot_20220103-122930_Google (resized).jpg
    nelson-haha (resized).png
    Kramer (resized).jpg
    28EB8E63-7978-479D-9E05-693CF9C96BDF (resized).jpeg
    fishing-for-attention-dont-mind-me.gif
    E23B45E4-5EF3-4126-BE6F-DA1E0B0DCE1B (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 2 years ago

Ken Cromwell should post a statement immediately on this matter.Why the fuck did they hire him for anyway?
    But I disagree with bad service I’ve had quick responses and parts everytime they were needed. Thanks

#202 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Sadly, I don't think they will be in business for much longer if they continue on the path that they're on.

Whatever is taking place behind the scenes I’m guessing would make for great television.
    Their recent actions are embarrassing, cringe worthy.

#203 2 years ago

Lloyd should still do tech support for JJP, but only through his OnlyFans account.

#204 2 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

The OP comes off as a looney from Togus if you look at his post history.

and there are a lot of people following his lead on here...

#205 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Not sure we will ever know. I didn't quit. And JJP doesn't owe an explanation.
    As I said in my first post in this thread. I wish them nothing but the best and a great future going forward.
    LTG : )

As an owner of two JJPs this is a head scratching disappointment. I hope JJPs motives make sense somehow. Vilification seems extreme, but that doesn’t mean they didn’t make a mistake.

#206 2 years ago

Unbelievable, upsetting, and disappointing. He has been an advocate to their brand. Anytime I played in person, and there were many when I lived in Minnesota, I saw him take calls, and spend lengthy amounts of time on the phone with customers myself included supporting the brand and customers through issues.

I haven't been on this forum in some time, I'm floored by this, and the prices of games now .

#207 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Lloyd should still do tech support for JJP, but only through his OnlyFans account.

No. Over time I don't want people to think I'm still with them. And what I was doing is their responsibility now.

#208 2 years ago

Thank you Lloyd for all your help. You are an absolute legend.

Also: in before the lock?

#209 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Like everyone else in this thread, I have no idea why Lloyd was dismissed. The man is truly a class act and an ambassador to pinball.
    I do know that JJP has become a very different company under the new ownership. I'm guessing this decision came from the top.
    I wish Brett Abess would issue some sort of statement. It would be the least he could do in light of Lloyds' loyalty to JJP after all of these years.
    However, given how radio silent they've been with everything else the last year or two, I doubt he will, which is a shame.

WTF do we expect when you have a company run by some billionaires kid who knew nothing about pinball to start with.

These guys don't give a rats ass about issues with staff - they are billionaires for a reason and its all about the $$$$

Just like most of these companies now with any issues they just stay silent and hope it all goes away

As far as any statement we all know JJP's marketing department is a joke with the guy they have in there now who is just a lemming doing what he is told

#210 2 years ago

If it wasn't for CGC, Spooky, and these other great startups we would literally have nothing new worth buying anymore. Jack has turned his company into the very thing he was mocking with Stern in the beginning.

RIP Jersey Jack Pinball 2011-2021.

#211 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

WTF do we expect when you have a company run by some billionaires kid who knew nothing about pinball to start with.
    These guys don't give a rats ass about issues with staff - they are billionaires for a reason and its all about the $$$$
    Just like most of these companies now with any issues they just stay silent and hope it all goes away
    As far as any statement we all know JJP's marketing department is a joke with the guy they have in there now who is just a lemming doing what he is told

You sound a tad angry?

#212 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No. Over time I don't want people to think I'm still with them. And what I was doing is their responsibility now.

Spoken like a true professional Lloyd, that was the nicest "Fuck Them" I've seen posted so far

In all seriousness actions have consequences and if you live by the sword you'll die by the sword as well and I can honestly say this isn't going to end well for JJP.

#213 2 years ago

I see this has turned into a "screw JJP" without a shred of evidence of malfeasance on JJPs part.

All anyone knows is that Llyod and JJP has parted company and some of you jump to the worst possible conclusion.

A sad state of affairs.

#214 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

If it wasn't for CGC, Spooky, and these other great startups we would literally have nothing new worth buying anymore. Jack has turned his company into the very thing he was mocking with Stern in the beginning.
    RIP Jersey Jack Pinball 2011-2021.

What are you talking about? Have you played a recent Stern? Some amazing games in there. Comparing copying and modernizing 90's games to GZ or most new stern is ridiculous. I like Spooky but they are not even in sterns class yet. And that's coming from someone that has owned ever Spooky major release.

#215 2 years ago

Seems like the failure to think smart for Jersey Jack Pinball. Butch Peel was another stupid mistake. If you want to alienate their customer base over the years they are doing a great job. Throw in bad playfields, parts, & other things that have gone over the years & things might not last past 2025 for them.

#216 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Lloyd said no, but the real reason is he wants to keep his clothes on.

#217 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I see this has turned into a "screw JJP" without a shred of evidence of malfeasance on JJPs part.
    All anyone knows is that Llyod and JJP has parted company and some of you jump to the worst possible conclusion.
    A sad state of affairs.

What type of “evidence” do you need to find a conclusion? Unlike releasing Butch the facts of their decision are all here. This isn’t a typical Pinside theory thread or speculation, it’s fact and acknowledged by LTG. If it’s no big deal to you that’s fine he didn’t start the thread nor ask for anyones sympathy just acknowledged the facts without any negative or viral hate associated with their decision. If you feel he’s Happy about their decision after his commitment to us and the company that that would be your decision. Others (like myself) feel as fact this was a Poor unjustified decision that Will effect Us and in part them in supporting this product and company. On the plus side, CGC customers will get Incredible support 7 days per week, fact.

#218 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

What type of “evidence” do you need to find a conclusion? Unlike releasing Butch the facts of their decision are all here. This isn’t a typical Pinside theory thread or speculation, it’s fact and acknowledged by LTG. If it’s no big deal to you that’s fine he didn’t start the thread nor ask for anyones sympathy just acknowledged the facts without any negative or viral hate associated with their decision. If you feel he’s Happy about their decision after his commitment to us and the company that that would be your decision. Others (like myself) feel as fact this was a Poor unjustified decision that Will effect Us and in part them in supporting this product and company. On the plus side, CGC customers will get Incredible support 7 days per week, fact.

Well a statement from LTG for one, oh wait he made it.

"I'll always be grateful for the opportunity Jack gave me. And I wish him and the company all the best going forward."

At this point the thread was dead and turned into a JJP hatefest cranked to 11.

I have no dog in this fight, I don't own a JJP nor do I have any plans to own one.

You nor I know what transpired and you assume the worst.

#219 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Lloyd said no, but the real reason is he wants to keep his clothes on.

If you are going to get screwed, you might as well get paid....

#220 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

"I'll always be grateful for the opportunity Jack gave me. And I wish him and the company all the best going forward."
    I have no dog in this fight, I don't own a JJP nor do I have any plans to own one.
    You nor I know what transpired and you assume the worst.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#221 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

You nor I know what transpired.

Lloyd also stated "No I didn't quit".

So if he didn't quit and he no longer is employed by JJP it can only be the employer initiated the actions. Many people including myself feel this is a total incompetent decision on JJP's part and that's what is being expressed. Many of us who had or currently still have JJP machines that dealt with their poor tech support know Lloyd was the one true bright shinning star that they had.

#222 2 years ago

Omg. So sad to hear he’s gone.
    RIP Lloyd, you will truly be missed. You were one of the good guys.

#223 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Lloyd also stated "No I didn't quit".

And?

Again you assume the worst. I can state working in a corporate environment there is any number of reasons someone may have to part company with a business.

Just the minimum wage law alone is enough. If they are not being paid a minimum wage for services rendered it leaves them open to all sorts of liability & regulatory issues.

Done here.

#224 2 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

LOL he's not dead!

#225 2 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

NOOOOO lol. Lloyd is alive and well!

#226 2 years ago
    Quoted from SilverBallz:

He is going to be buried in a Punchy the Clown cabinet. Fitting I think.

#227 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

LTG represented a small shred of what was left of JJPs customer support, and they canned him. If anything it just shows they are not focused on customer support after the sale.

I am just a random dude who doesnt know any of the details nor are they my business, but the fact they would let a guy go that represented true customer service, all the while hiring 14 new designers is telling enough to me.

Make the money change hands, then cya later.

"OWNERS FAULT"

#228 2 years ago

My uneducated guess is that JJP believes that PinSide represents a small market segment so they really don't care what any of us think. They probably want all customer support issues directed to them so they can control everything. In my past experience JJP customer support has been pretty good; however many of my issues were addressed by Lloyd directly. Some people don't want to wait 24-48 hours for a rep to call u back when LTG would typically get back to u very quickly. The company really isn't active on PinSide anymore except a rare post by KJ so its pretty clear its not a priority.

#229 2 years ago

Well it seems to me that this company is selling a shit load of games... They can do whatever they want to whomever they want period. Now if that changes in future... cue George Jones..... now play it backwards "got my money back, got my pinball company back, got my LTG back....

#230 2 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

My uneducated guess is that JJP believes that PinSide represents a small market segment so they really don't care what any of us think.

It seems most companies feel that way, and yet its the single biggest source of pin buyers in the world.

#231 2 years ago

Well, how long before Special K hops on this subject and what will he have to say about it?

#232 2 years ago

Moderators.

Probably time to close this thread. A lot of people have had their say. And anything added won't change what has gone on.

Please.

#233 2 years ago

LTG, this is a classic example of "No good deed goes unpunished".

JJP, you have a a critical error. It will be a very costly one. Kind of like the Tom Peters business discussion: "Ready, Fire, Aim"....

#234 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Moderators.
    Probably time to close this thread. A lot of people have had their say. And anything added won't change what has gone on.
    Please.

I agree! Lloyd didn't ask for this thread - thread is basically about him and he is asking for topic to be closed. Looks like it is time to put this to bed!

#235 2 years ago

At least lock it before the OP's ban expires

#236 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

At least lock it before the OP's ban expires

No shit!

#238 2 years ago
    200.gif200.gif
    #239 2 years ago

Here comes everyone to fight for the "in before lock" achievement!
    street-fighter-sf2.gifstreet-fighter-sf2.gif

#240 2 years ago

Op should be banned from pinside all together.

#241 2 years ago

Bummer to hear. I know Lloyd helped several local guys up here with their JJP issues.

I'll make sure to stop by for an extended pinball session next time business brings me down to MSP/STP.

#242 2 years ago

Getting banned from your own thread is quite an achievement. Having your thread closed during that ban is commendable

#243 2 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Op should be banned from pinside all together.

I think TheLaw is awesome.

#244 2 years ago

Sound like shortly someone might get the opportunity to earn this coveted gem.
    Seems like they’ve been handing them out like candy on Halloween lately.

CE431801-50F7-40E7-B2F0-76EBAD2CB532 (resized).jpegCE431801-50F7-40E7-B2F0-76EBAD2CB532 (resized).jpeg
    #245 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

...but that's a tough argument to make when he just got about 250 upvotes on the OP.

No, it really isn't.

#246 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No, it really isn't.

Okay.

#247 2 years ago

It's only hard if you're a moron or it's your first day here and you have zero context

#248 2 years ago

What the heck.

In before the lock.

#249 2 years ago

IBTL

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ltg-loyd-appreciation-axed-after-9-yrs-by-ruthless-jjp/page/5?hl=anathematize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.