(Topic ID: 307251)

LTG-Lloyd Appreciation-Axed After 9 yrs. by Ruthless JJP!!!

By jimwe5t

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CE431801-50F7-40E7-B2F0-76EBAD2CB532 (resized).jpeg
    street-fighter-sf2.gif
    200.gif
    504A5CA9-AF4E-43D5-85D3-860479791117.gif
    He Never.gif
    Screenshot_20220103-122930_Google (resized).jpg
    nelson-haha (resized).png
    Kramer (resized).jpg
    28EB8E63-7978-479D-9E05-693CF9C96BDF (resized).jpeg
    fishing-for-attention-dont-mind-me.gif
    E23B45E4-5EF3-4126-BE6F-DA1E0B0DCE1B (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 2 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

My understanding is that JJP would provide their latest pinball machine to Lloyd as ‘compensation’ for his customer support. JJP makes a game every 2 years or so. Let’s say they are 12000, that is only 6k a year for a knowledge person like Lloyd on the phones all year, and a well known, well respected, steadfast ambassador for your company (that’s great marketing). So that’s 6k for a support resource and marketing layup and as a company you walk away from that!?!?! WTF?

All true though the company Cost of that machine (payment) is nowhere near a 12k value. My guess is 6k and he never got CE’s.

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from jahbarron:

The OP comes off as a looney tune if you look at his post history.

Agree, the OP definitely has an axe to grind with JJP and clearly is a Stern fan boy. But he isn’t wrong on calling out JJP on this one IMHO.

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Agree, the OP definitely has an axe to grind with JJP and clearly is a Stern fan boy. But he isn’t wrong on calling out JJP on this one IMHO.

Lol. Oddly the One time I have actually agreed with him.

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

My guess: exactly 1.

It's certainly quite rare, but I know of two in my area, give or take a couple years. One has been family owned since the beginning, and the other changed hands a few years back.

#155 2 years ago

I don’t disagree but I’m like “Whoaaaa, boy! Whoa.”

#156 2 years ago

All I can say is :

Lloyd’s For President

#157 2 years ago

While I don't own an JJP pin, Lloyd has helped me specifically with my Chicago Gaming title as well as his overall contribution to support here in Pinside. It's always rough when companies make changes (I've personally been a part of them on both sides), but ultimately it's up to the individual to demonstrate character in light of the negative circumstances, and Lloyd has been nothing but classy and respectful with regard to his situation.

#158 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcorpse:

LTG is a pinball institution. I recall first reading posts from him in the RGP days.
    Some of the comments I am reading reminded me of this Kramer bit.
    [quoted image]

JJP: “That’s what makes this so difficult.”

#159 2 years ago
    Screenshot_20220103-122930_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220103-122930_Google (resized).jpg
    #160 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ribs:

I want to send him to Hawaii to help that guy in the brewery.

He's definitely looking for help!

#161 2 years ago

Is Abess just allowing his kid to run this company into the shitter?

#162 2 years ago

If anything, this honestly makes sense, given how broken JJP is:

PF issues 2019 - "We'll be sending you a PF, oh wait, no were not. I mean, yes, we are, as long as YOU the customer pay for it! Oh wait, you know what, YOU, the customer, are why all these PF issues are happening - it's YOU!!!"

I mean, seriously, after THAT train wreck of logic, this honestly surprises anyone...?

#163 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

If anything, this honestly makes sense, given how broken JJP is:
    PF issues 2019 - "We'll be sending you a PF, oh wait, no were not. I mean, yes, we are, as long as YOU the customer pay for it! Oh wait, you know what, YOU, the customer, are why all these PF issues are happening - it's YOU!!!"
    I mean, seriously, after THAT train wreck of logic, this honestly surprises anyone...?

The only surprise is that they’re still in business.

#164 2 years ago

Thanks for helping me with my WoZ over the last few years- You were a big help!

#165 2 years ago

How has nobody posted the "owner's fault" pixelated Jack image yet?

#166 2 years ago

Thanks Lloyd for all your help with both JJP WOZ and Chicago Gaming AFM!

#167 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'll always be grateful for the opportunity Jack gave me. And I wish him and the company all the best going forward.

#168 2 years ago

Lloyd is a class act all the way!

#169 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

The only surprise is that they’re still in business.

Sadly, I don't think they will be in business for much longer if they continue on the path that they're on.

#170 2 years ago

LTG helped me with my Wonka issue via Pinside PM's. He knew exactly what the issue was from a brief description I gave him. The guy is a stud at pinball troubleshooting. I can't thank him enough!

#171 2 years ago

Hopefully Chicago Gaming and AP pick him up as remote support.

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Crabtowne USA outside of Baltimore would also be in the running I think.

As well as 8 On The Break in Dunellen NJ

#173 2 years ago

Literally what kind of motive on this planet would justify firing a happy 10 year old volunteer that costs the company $0 per month? I can't think of a valid business reason.

#174 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

Hopefully Chicago Gaming

I've been with PPS since back when it was Bay Area Amusements. Which became PPS. And I've been on the remake tech support with PPS/CGC since MMR was announced at Expo.

As far as longest running arcade. There are probably others around for a long time too. Under the same ownership is the key. Not many have that.

LTG : )

#175 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I've been with PPS since back when it was Bay Area Amusements. Which became PPS. And I've been on the remake tech support with PPS/CGC since MMR was announced at Expo.
    As far as longest running arcade. There are probably others around for a long time too. Under the same ownership is the key. Not many have that.

Lloyd has a staple with us since way back when ... and continue to appreciate his contribution and Lloyd does make a difference, and we are truly blessed to have him with the BAA/PPS family for so long!

[email protected]

#176 2 years ago
    Quoted from rrosenhouse:

As well as 8 On The Break in Dunellen NJ

Jilly's Ocean city NJ

#177 2 years ago

I’m a fan of Lloyd. I’ve been to SS Billiards multiple times and plowed many rolls of quarters through his coin doors. But I’d appreciate it if Loyd or JJP chimed in here and explained the actual circumstances.

The OP is a troll with a clear agenda. Numerous people, while admitting they don’t know squat, have chimed in here bashing JJP and making Lloyd a victim. I’m sure Kaneda will spend an hour on it, also not knowing jack shit.

So what’s the deal? From someone who actually has a clue…otherwise, it’s a freaking vintage Pinside circle jerk.

#178 2 years ago

Careful, you guys are about to high five this man to death

#179 2 years ago

Whenever I am browsing through a thread I ALWAYS stop and read what LTG has to say, regardless if I am really interested in the thread or just killing time. Thanks For everything you do LTG!

#180 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

but ultimately it's up to the individual to demonstrate character in light of the negative circumstances, and Lloyd has been nothing but classy and respectful with regard to his situation.

Very well put!

#181 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

So what’s the deal?

Not sure we will ever know. I didn't quit. And JJP doesn't owe an explanation.

As I said in my first post in this thread. I wish them nothing but the best and a great future going forward.

#182 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I’m a fan of Lloyd. I’ve been to SS Billiards multiple times and plowed many rolls of quarters through his coin doors. But I’d appreciate it if Loyd or JJP chimed in here and explained the actual circumstances.
    The OP is a troll with a clear agenda. Numerous people, while admitting they don’t know squat, have chimed in here bashing JJP and making Lloyd a victim. I’m sure Kaneda will spend an hour on it, also not knowing jack shit.
    So what’s the deal? From someone who actually has a clue…otherwise, it’s a freaking vintage Pinside circle jerk.

I'm sure knowing Lloyd's personality all these years, he will not part take in any drama what so ever so I wouldn't expect anything other then his statement of thanks to Jack and JJP which he already conveyed in this thread. I also believe knowing him to be a straight shooter whether the OP is a axe grinding troll or not, if any of what was was said was totally incorrect or way off base there would have been a statement correcting the information as such setting the record straight. So take it for what it's worth but silence speaks volumes.

Edit** Lloyd beat my reply lol, however......

Quoted from LTG:

I didn't quit.

There you have it so take it for what it is.

#183 2 years ago

I think JJP said..."I wonder what we can do to tank our reputation some more, and sell less games."

I know! Get Lloyd on the phone...

#184 2 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I know! Get Lloyd on the phone...

You mean " Get Lloyd off our support phones"

#185 2 years ago

Like most, Lloyd has helped me numerous times on the phone, text or email at all hours of the day. It is hard to understand how JJP let’s go such a good will ambassador to pinball. Besides being such a bad move it’s extremely tone deaf. What are they thinking.

#186 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

You speak the truth my friend Dave. It is one of the dumbest “bone head” moves ever by JJP.

were on a roll....one of the first posts I agree with u 100% ..... lets keep it up Its really hard to fathom that JJP gets rid of anyone providing good will and customer support for their products let alone someone of LTG caliber especially with all their quality problems. Just another reason not to buy anymore NIB JJP games

#187 2 years ago

I have appreciated Lloyd's help many times over the years (like many). Not having him there to help with future JJP game problems is a real bummer.

To keep the glass half full, he will be more available to support the million other pinball problems that can come up. He won't be bored, and we will still be lucky to have him helping us out.

#188 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Is Abess just allowing his kid to run this company into the shitter?

He does what Pat says.....

#189 2 years ago

Given it's a new fiscal year, the timing makes sense to make staffing changes at least. But still, he wasn't even on payroll.

#190 2 years ago

They definitely need good support techs. My WW had a bad mini monitor and they sent me 3 over a year to try and fix it until they realized it had to be programmed for it to work. Never said sorry or anything. It ended my JJP fanboy era!

#191 2 years ago

Might as well chime in - your the best LTG. Scanning the threads and providing answers BEFORE we even had to go to JJP.

Enjoy all the repeat questions about Bluetooth devices etc JJP. I’m sure your support team needed more work. I hope there is a influx in cases to the point where the value of LTG is realized.

#192 2 years ago

Thanks for all your help for all these years Lloyd. There is now and always will be only one LTG!

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

LTG never quits. He has 50 years to prove it.

Always enjoy Lloyd's posts, be it technical or humorus. Perhaps this September a road trip up north is in order!

He Never.gifHe Never.gif
    #194 2 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

Lloyd has a staple with us since way back when ... and continue to appreciate his contribution and Lloyd does make a difference, and we are truly blessed to have him with the BAA/PPS family for so long!
    [email protected]

504A5CA9-AF4E-43D5-85D3-860479791117.gif504A5CA9-AF4E-43D5-85D3-860479791117.gif
    #195 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Lloyd is indeed great, and a legend around these parts… but why does every post of yours in here feel more like this is all more about you than Lloyd?

Because it is.He doesn’t care about Lloyd or anybody who may have received a bad playfield or any other issue.He’s just here to destroy JJP and praise Stern.
    I would be curious what the reasoning behind this move was?

#196 2 years ago

More love for Lloyd from me. He has helped me many many times with my three CGC remakes. Very grateful for his presence here in this community.

#197 2 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Because it is.He doesn’t care about Lloyd or anybody who may have received a bad playfield or any other issue.He’s just here to destroy JJP and praise Stern.
    I would be curious what the reasoning behind this move was?

The end result is the same regardless of whom starts the thread. We honor the man.

Lloyd, I appreciate and respect you. The world is better with you in it.

#198 2 years ago

Like everyone else in this thread, I have no idea why Lloyd was dismissed. The man is truly a class act and an ambassador to pinball.

I do know that JJP has become a very different company under the new ownership. I'm guessing this decision came from the top.

I wish Brett Abess would issue some sort of statement. It would be the least he could do in light of Lloyds' loyalty to JJP after all of these years.

However, given how radio silent they've been with everything else the last year or two, I doubt he will, which is a shame.

#199 2 years ago

Since my college days in the 90s on Usenet rec.games.pinball, LTG has been bailing my ass out and taught my much of everything that I know today -- either directly or through my desire to read everything he's ever posted. Why I still haven't met the man, the myth, the legend is beyond me.

JJPs support is atrocious. They need 5 Lloyds, let alone 0.

#200 2 years ago

You're great Lloyd, you're also my second favourite character in the Confession thread

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ltg-loyd-appreciation-axed-after-9-yrs-by-ruthless-jjp/page/4?hl=richard-nba-sf2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.