(Topic ID: 307251)

LTG-Lloyd Appreciation-Axed After 9 yrs. by Ruthless JJP!!!

By jimwe5t

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CE431801-50F7-40E7-B2F0-76EBAD2CB532 (resized).jpeg
    street-fighter-sf2.gif
    200.gif
    504A5CA9-AF4E-43D5-85D3-860479791117.gif
    He Never.gif
    Screenshot_20220103-122930_Google (resized).jpg
    nelson-haha (resized).png
    Kramer (resized).jpg
    28EB8E63-7978-479D-9E05-693CF9C96BDF (resized).jpeg
    fishing-for-attention-dont-mind-me.gif
    E23B45E4-5EF3-4126-BE6F-DA1E0B0DCE1B (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 2 years ago

I’ve said it before, and I’ll repeat it here: Lloyd is a class act. I’m an EM guy, but even I couldn’t help notice how Lloyd continuously chimes in to help people here, without getting into the quarrels that sadly often develop. I’m amazed at his continuous helpful Pinside presence while he also runs his own place. Lloyd, I’m just one more of the multitude of voices here expressing my appreciation for you. Thanks.

#102 2 years ago

I've never owned a JJP, but I have certainly leaned on LTG for help with Sterns and a TZ. He is easily the most helpful, generous person I know in the hobby. Also a lot of fun just to talk to!
    Yeah, I would love to hear about LTG getting picked up by, say, AP or even Stern, although naturally I don't know what LTG himself would like. His title at JJP on this last stretch with them was Pinball Ambassador - which is funny because LTG doesn't hit the shows like he used to. He is still a crackerjack tech. He always will be. Whatever he does, I wish him good health and good fortune.

#103 2 years ago

Wow

LTG has been helping me since RGP days long before pinside

I am grateful for his Ongoing help with the community and wish him the best with CGC

Happy and Bright New Year Lloyd !!

My sincere thank you for everything

James

The CNY Pin Guy

#104 2 years ago

Lloyd has helped me a number of times and I can’t say how grateful I am for the help over the years.

#105 2 years ago

CGC are the best made games currently IMO. Now with him as official tech support.. buy with confidence!

#106 2 years ago

You’re close beelzeboob but there’s that stalker that has it in for you and LZ

#107 2 years ago

A real asset to the community. ZMeny I have mentioned before how I think someone needs to interview Lloyd on one of the shows, ask about his history, decades worth of stories - and how on earth he manages to reply to everyone, run a place, and have a personal life all in a 24 hour day.

Only my best wishes and thank you Lloyd

#108 2 years ago

Thanks for the help LTG. I’m sure you’ll stay close regardless.

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

You gotta laugh at this stuff... What company would sack a person that isn't even being paid? Let alone some one like LTG..

Someone explain please, how a non-employee can be sacked? Was there some other contractual relationship in place or somehow a cease and desist order? what happened?

#110 2 years ago

I only wish I could starve JJP from more money and reward Loyd with more.

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from danisme:

I only wish I could starve JJP from more money and reward Loyd with more.

Oh, an Butch was awesome too.

#112 2 years ago

It was all whirlwind, heat & flash.

#113 2 years ago

LTG is a pinball institution. I recall first reading posts from him in the RGP days.

Some of the comments I am reading reminded me of this Kramer bit.

Kramer (resized).jpgKramer (resized).jpg
    #114 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Stern should pick him up. The tech support guys there are great but they're overloaded. Pay Lloyd in free premium machines when they come out so he can talk people through problems remotely. His arcade gets more machines and more foot traffic, and then he can sell the machines when they're played out and don't need as much support anymore. Win/win.

This makes a lot of sense and is probably already in the works given jimwe5t’s involvement in the post.

#115 2 years ago

Big fan LTG...always helpful and on point....all the best for 2022 mate

#116 2 years ago

This move of JJP is baffling, LTG is a great asset.

#118 2 years ago

Lloyd without prompting has helped me a few times (on non JJP pins), I've seen him do it countless times for others. Given JJP's track record of quality issues, you'd think someone so selfless and knowledgble as Lloyd to steady the ship would be a key priority. Disappointing to say the least. The biggest loser here... JJP owners #thumbsdown

Best wishes Lloyd.

#119 2 years ago

Can someone tell me what exactly a "JJP apologist" means?

Who is apologizing for JJP and what are they apologizing for? I just read the thread and didn't see anyone apologize, so what does that mean?

#120 2 years ago

Seems like congratulations are in order? JJP can’t get out of their own way.

#121 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

It saddens us all to hear that as of today, one of, if not the only good thing about JJP’s almost nonexistent customer service department/representative’s, has been shown the door by ruthless JJP. Please show your appreciation for Lloyd’s many years of service to us in the pinball community. Countless times Loyd has tirelessly helped us in endless ways with our always problematic JJP products. Without him, there would be almost no help from JJP.
    He has saved me so many times with my almost endless JJP poor quality products, I give big thanks for Lloyd. He gave all most 9 years of service and never received a dime from the cheapskates at JJP. Sure they gave him 1 pinball machine, but that is laughable and the very least anyone would do for someone stamping out all the endless fires, because of such terrible JJP poor quality products. Lloyd was always the first one on the spot doing continual crowd control for all the angry unsupported JJP customers.
    Please show your support for Lloyd in this thread by recounting the times he has helped each one of us. Again Lloyd, you will always be affectionately remembered by each one of us!!

Ejected from your own thread, outstanding.

nelson-haha (resized).pngnelson-haha (resized).png
    #122 2 years ago

I believe September of 2022 is LTG's 50th anniversary at his business, SS Billiards. Would be fun if a bunch of people could show for that and dump some money the SS Billiards way.

#123 2 years ago

I want to send him to Hawaii to help that guy in the brewery.

#124 2 years ago

LTG helped me with some WOZ issues early on and I am very thankful for that.

As for him no longer working with JJP, these things happen. Who knows if Jack actually even has any say in any of it. Seems like less then normal situation when you have someone representing you that's not directly on the payroll. So I could understand several reasons why a change would occur.

Hopefully they have a plan for support other then their current open your box and good luck, any issues you can suck it approach. I haven't bought a jjp in forever because of their quality and support issues.

Thanks for your service to the pinball community LTG! You are one of the good ones.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

You gotta laugh at this stuff... What company would sack a person that isn't even being paid?

Maybe company lawyers said "you need to pay your employees."

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Stern should pick him up...

I was thinking along the same lines, but AP instead of Stern. If my memory serves me right, I think he would occasionally post in the Houdini thread, offering help.

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

I was thinking along the same lines, but AP instead of Stern.

this would be great .... thinking AP would have more respect for the man!

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Maybe company lawyers said "you need to pay your employees."

Working in the medical industry I can think of several reasons but hesitate to bring the subject up. It maybe as innocuous as labor laws and minimum wage since LTG might be considered an uncompensated employee.

Ultimately between LTG and JJP.

LTG is an asset to the hobby with always a kind word to be said, a model worth emulating.

#129 2 years ago

I had no idea he even worked for JJP but he helped me get my Wonka working right (and that game has some design issues)

But yah I dont know that JJP needs less people working service.

#130 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

OP gets booted from an appreciation thread he created.
    That should be a pinside achievement.

This is why we can't have nice things.

#131 2 years ago

If I was still in business.....any business, I would Hire Lloyd in a second for Online customer communication.

I have learned alot, failed to replicate, but always believed, "Be Like Lloyd", was the best example.

#132 2 years ago

Just another thumbs up for LTG he's helped on a few issues I've had in the forums, seems like a great guy and hope to still see him around Pinside.

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcorpse:

LTG is a pinball institution. I recall first reading posts from him in the RGP days.
    Some of the comments I am reading reminded me of this Kramer bit.
    [quoted image]

Exactly what first came to my mind. How do you fire someone that is not only working for free but productive as well? I agree that Stern should hire him immediately. Make sure he has all the latest Stern games at his arcade and help with support. Maybe even pay the guy a salary. Imagine that - getting paid for services.

#134 2 years ago

I have "no dog in this race" because I have never had any direct contact with Lloyd and have never owned a JJP machine but I do have to say Lloyd seems to be one of the most helpful guys in the hobby / business and ask for nothing in return and that is a "rare bird" in this day and age. So I just want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Lloyd for everything he has done for everyone over the years.

What ever happened between Jack & Lloyd is between Jack and Lloyd but if I were in Jack's shoes I would have never let that relationship end. In the end Jack will be the one that loses. My bet would be dozens (if not hundreds) less machines sold without Lloyd helping with support.

I think this is an important thread for people to see and should be constantly bumped to protect new customers considering buying a JJP assuming Lloyd will be part of JJP customer support.

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Working in the medical industry I can think of several reasons but hesitate to bring the subject up. It maybe as innocuous as labor laws and minimum wage since LTG might be considered an uncompensated employee.
    Ultimately between LTG and JJP.
    LTG is an asset to the hobby with always a kind word to be said, a model worth emulating.

I believe he was more a contractor then an employee which was LTG’s preferred offer to JJP because especially in the beginning money was tight for them and he didn’t want them to be obligated to continue funding him as salary they likely would not be able to maintain. Receiving a product was his (LTG) way of showing he believed in what they were doing and hedging his compensation on them succeeding. Which in turn he could use at his soon 50 year old arcade to Further promote the product and Earn his own hourly wage via customers enjoying the games. Mathematically if they gave him one game every 2 plus years, factory cost likely around 6k, worked 12-12 midnight 363 days, his compensation was around .43 cents per hour at best excluding time at shows when he had to close his business to support live. I can’t find anyone to mow my lawn for less then 10/hour lol. Smart business play JJP? API really should jump on this contract.

#136 2 years ago

Lloyd has helped me many times over the years. I have two JJP games and WILL not purchase anymore! Thanks for all you do.

#137 2 years ago

Lloyd helped me out when i had my WoZ. Knowledge is deep and valuable. Once i dump GnR i'll be free of JJP pins for good.

#138 2 years ago

Okay so I'm really late to this party but holy hell JJP...??? Are you actively TRYING to go bankrupt? Between the PF issues, non existent customer service, modifying warranty terms to insulate you from your own quality issues, those were bad enough but you have to double down on the stupid? Oh well, I had already decided I wasn't going to own another JJP game NIB so this just reinforces that decision. Just terribly disappointing and baffling...

Jeff

#139 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Okay so I'm really late to this party but holy hell JJP...??? Are you actively TRYING to go bankrupt? Between the PF issues, non existent customer service, modifying warranty terms to insulate you from your own quality issues, those were bad enough but you have to double down on the stupid? Oh well, I had already decided I wasn't going to own another JJP game NIB so this just reinforces that decision. Just terribly disappointing and baffling...
    Jeff

An absolutely ludicrous move on their part, and possibly an ominous sign.

All of these boneheaded decisions really do concern me, as they seem like the types of last-ditch maneuvers organizations attempt out of desperation. For example, I have to believe JJP was well aware of the negative optics that cancelling the PF warranties would generate, which makes me think they did it because they HAD to in order for the company to survive.

#140 2 years ago

Yet another baffling move by JJP. Thanks for your service Lloyd!

#141 2 years ago

I don’t get it. If he wasn’t paid, then he wasn’t an employee. If he wasn’t an employee, how could he be let go?

Lloyd rules and all - but this story is weird.

#142 2 years ago

On the plus side….. For LTG’s SS Billiards Grand 50TH anniversary (September??) there will be a few JJP games to put our drinks on while we pump 20 dollar bills into the CGC games! Maybe a JJP neon light bomb fire in the parking lot? Lol. As I honestly don’t know, how many arcades have survived for 50 YEARS? That to me is Beyond dedication to the hobby as it’s honestly not the path to wealth. Economy’s, pandemics, construction, technology changes, depression (s), and more yet he still shows up every day to open the doors and share his dedication to the hobby he loves. Priceless!

#143 2 years ago

Unless this move was requested by Lloyd, and there is no legal issue with it, then JJP looks like idiots in this. And this is coming from a JJP owner and fan (or at least was a fan - this stinks to high Heaven)

#144 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I honestly don’t know, how many arcades have survived for 50 YEARS?

My guess: exactly 1.

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Unless this move was requested by Lloyd, and there is no legal issue with it, then JJP looks like idiots in this. And this is coming from a JJP owner and fan (or at least was a fan - this stinks to high Heaven)

LTG never quits. He has 50 years to prove it.

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

My guess: exactly 1.

Crabtowne USA outside of Baltimore would also be in the running I think.

#147 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

but this story is weird.

Pinball shit is always weird isn't it?

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

This doesn't add up. How do you get "axed" from something that you were essentially doing for free anyway? One pinball machine was Lloyd's total compensation for 9 years? He could have gotten two machines over 9 years just by scooping ice cream, much less dispensing invaluable pin knowledge.

One machine ?

#149 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

LTG never quits. He has 50 years to prove it.

My understanding is that JJP would provide their latest pinball machine to Lloyd as ‘compensation’ for his customer support. JJP makes a game every 2 years or so. Let’s say they are 12000, that is only 6k a year for a knowledge person like Lloyd on the phones all year, and a well known, well respected, steadfast ambassador for your company (that’s great marketing). So that’s 6k for a support resource and marketing layup and as a company you walk away from that!?!?! WTF?

I honestly think that people have a better opinion of JJP as a company DIRECTLY due to Lloyds involvement.

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I don’t get it. If he wasn’t paid, then he wasn’t an employee. If he wasn’t an employee, how could he be let go?
    Lloyd rules and all - but this story is weird.

The OP comes off as a looney from Togus if you look at his post history.

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ltg-loyd-appreciation-axed-after-9-yrs-by-ruthless-jjp/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.