(Topic ID: 307251)

LTG-Lloyd Appreciation-Axed After 9 yrs. by Ruthless JJP!!!

By jimwe5t

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 263 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by hAbO
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CE431801-50F7-40E7-B2F0-76EBAD2CB532 (resized).jpeg
    street-fighter-sf2.gif
    200.gif
    504A5CA9-AF4E-43D5-85D3-860479791117.gif
    He Never.gif
    Screenshot_20220103-122930_Google (resized).jpg
    nelson-haha (resized).png
    Kramer (resized).jpg
    28EB8E63-7978-479D-9E05-693CF9C96BDF (resized).jpeg
    fishing-for-attention-dont-mind-me.gif
    E23B45E4-5EF3-4126-BE6F-DA1E0B0DCE1B (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I don’t understand this. Did Jack give any reason? As Yelobird said perfectly, why would they do this when their customer service has been struggling so much?

I thought Abess was running the show?

#52 2 years ago

WOW!

LTG was literally the tipping point as to why I bought a JJP to begin with. It was great knowing that someone so skilled was within reach to help me if I needed it.

JJP made a wrong move here imo.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

There is probably more to this story than we see. However that is between JJP and LTG.

Not really. At the very least (let’s say hard times ahead) you would think a call from Jack farewell would have been nice but I’m betting not sadly.

#54 2 years ago

Lloyd,
    Very dissapointed with JJP. I own two, don't regret that, but they are needy machines. Frank and Steve were both great guys, but no one was responding to my calls or emails.
    When I was waiting and waiting for any tech support, I finally get a call from Hopkins Minnesota, and you were there for me.
    Not likely I will purchase another JJP, but for sure I will call you for tech tips, visit when I fly out to MN, and for sure donate.

Your friends at Pinside respect and admire you, dirty jokes and all!

Jim

#55 2 years ago

Well that sucks. Between JJP’s endless problems and the Mirco cabal, it’s hard to justify buying their machines. Jack was a nice guy when I met him. To my understanding he doesn’t own the company anymore, he sold it, right? He’s basically a figurehead kinda like Colonel Sanders was after selling KFC?
    They make beautiful boxes of lights that seem to self destruct by design. Really sucks. I wanted a DI too. Love that game.

Pat is awesome, but having great designers doesn’t mean shit if the games are always busted! Hopefully they change things around for the better, but this isn’t a reassuring sign.

Time to go buy a Punchy the Clown.

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Not really. At the very least (let’s say hard times ahead) you would think a call from Jack farewell would have been nice but I’m betting not sadly.

You’re right again, there is not much more to this story sadly. LTG did nothing to be slapped with this dismissal by JJP. Jack/JJP will not acknowledge anything, just like all the other endless debacles at JJP. This is just another incident in the long line of “bone headed decisions” by a company that is so willing to take advantage of others and then toss them when they deem they’re no longer useful or needed.

#57 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

You’re right again, there is not much more to this story sadly. LTG did nothing to be slapped with this dismissal by JJP. Jack/JJP will not acknowledge anything, just like all the other endless debacles at JJP. This is just another incident in the long line of “bone headed decisions” by a company that is so willing to take advantage of others and then toss them when they deem they’re no longer useful or needed.

Lloyd is indeed great, and a legend around these parts… but why does every post of yours in here feel more like this is all more about you than Lloyd?

#58 2 years ago

Lloyd is a legend in this hobby for the RIGHT reasons. His now former " employer"?...Well, not so much.....

All the best LTG....we still need you here!!

#59 2 years ago

Yet another idiotic move by JJP. Lloyd cost these guys peanuts to "employ" per hour and paid them back in spades with positive tech support experiences and was a true ambassador of the company. Just like the bone headed move of getting rid of Butch last year, JJP never seems to stop raising the bar of their idiocy. SMDH....

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Lloyd is indeed great, and a legend around these parts… but why does every post of yours in here feel more like this is all more about you than Lloyd?

fishing-for-attention-dont-mind-me.giffishing-for-attention-dont-mind-me.gif
    #61 2 years ago

This doesn't add up. How do you get "axed" from something that you were essentially doing for free anyway? One pinball machine was Lloyd's total compensation for 9 years? He could have gotten two machines over 9 years just by scooping ice cream, much less dispensing invaluable pin knowledge.

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

This doesn't add up. How do you get "axed" from something that you were essentially doing for free anyway? One pinball machine was Lloyd's total compensation for 9 years? He could have gotten two machines over 9 years just by scooping ice cream, much less dispensing invaluable pin knowledge.

Exactly what I was thinking...

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Nothing in my posts are about me. Please the 2 of you, stop the JJP apologists attacking. This thread is totally dedicated to Lloyd.

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Thank you all ! Sincerely,
    LTG : )

Steadfast support to JJP and about anything else.

Thank you my friend.

#65 2 years ago

More JJP apologists damage control, trying to divert the attention away from Lloyd to me. Not working my 3 friends…

#66 2 years ago

I sold both Hobbit and POTC last year. I will never own another JJP machine.

#67 2 years ago

Lloyd is one of the nicest, most knowledgeable and generous people I’ve never met.

One of these days I’ll get to Minnesota and shake hands with the legend. Dinner’s on me too LTG

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Nothing in my posts are about me. Please stop the JJP apologists attacking. This thread is totally dedicated to Lloyd.

If you didn't include the word "ruthless" in your title, perhaps people wouldn't question your motives.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

More JJP apologists damage control, trying to divert the attention away from Lloyd to me. Not working my friend…

Sorry, my friend, but neither of us are JJP apologists. Both of us are Lloyd supporters… it is your motives that are in question here. You really that self-unaware?

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you didn't include the word "ruthless" in your title, perhaps people wouldn't question your motives.

Well maybe, but it is ruthless on JJPs part. Don’t know how to soft peddle this stupid move by JJP…because it is ruthless doing this to a guy completely dedicated to doing nothing but help us all and it actually cost JJP nothing! What a dunderhead move!?!

#71 2 years ago

Thanks for all you have done and continue to do Lloyd. You are greatly appreciated!

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Well maybe, but it is ruthless on JJPs part. Don’t know how to soft peddle this stupid move by JJP…because it is ruthless doing this to a guy completely dedicated to doing nothing but help us all and it actually cost JJP nothing! What a dunderhead move!?!

Less is more

#73 2 years ago

This is ridiculous and absurd!! To me this hurts the value of their machines. LTG is invaluable especially because most if not all JJP machines will need some kind of trouble shooting out of the box.

#74 2 years ago

Like that saying, but not in the special case.

#75 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

More JJP apologists damage control, trying to divert the attention away from Lloyd to me. Not working my friend…

Unlike you, I support LLoyd directly by stopping in his business and tossing dollars and coins into his games. The best part about that is that I usually get to have a wonderful conversation, sometimes about pinball, and sometimes about other things. Calling me a JJP apologist is laughable, they have made one game (Dialed In) that I would even consider owning.

#76 2 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Unlike you, I support LLoyd directly by stopping in his business and tossing dollars and coins into his games. The best part about that is that I usually get to have a wonderful conversation, sometimes about pinball, and sometimes about other things. Calling me a JJP apologist is laughable, they have made one game (Dialed In) that I would even consider owning.

If I lived near Lloyd, he’d be the first guy I visited and would throw many dollars into his lovely collection of machines. Love his stories and advice.

#77 2 years ago

You gotta laugh at this stuff... What company would sack a person that isn't even being paid? Let alone some one like LTG... sheesh. This makes no sense.
    Lloyd is invaluable to pinball period. Huge asset to this site... It's just comforting knowing that he is here to help with whatever machine issue we may have.
    So Lloyd know anything about old Corvettes?

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

You gotta laugh at this stuff... What company would sack a person that isn't even being paid? Let alone some one like LTG... sheesh. This makes no sense.
    Lloyd is invaluable to pinball period. Huge asset to this site... It's just comforting knowing that he is here to help with whatever machine issue we may have.
    So Lloyd know anything about old Corvettes?

He goes all the way back to horse and buggy. A 60’s Vet should be no issue. (I’m hoping they took his “list” with the job so I’m not on it) lol

#79 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Sorry, my friend, but neither of us are JJP apologists. Both of us are Lloyd supporters… it is your motives that are in question here. You really that self-unaware?

Nice strategy by you two, attempting to question this thread dedicated to LTG, by attacking the one who started it. I turn the question back to the both of you about YOUR motives, “are you really that self-unaware” and secretly work for JJP???

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

If I lived near Lloyd, he’d be the first guy I visited and would throw many dollars into his lovely collection of machines. Love his stories and advice.

You don’t have to live there or be local to help. Did you donate to his arcade to prevent permanent closure during Covid? Did you even pay attention to that thread?

I did, and donated to him several times, even when it wasn’t warranted or asked for.

Lloyd is one of the best people I know in this hobby. Always an asset and helpful. He’s helped me with several games, not even having to do with JJP titles. And helped me with one of those when I owned them through a pin biz a few years back (damn orcs in Hobbit).

It’s a shame, but I say he’s better off now. And I still get to hang out with him in other threads, and probably PM him with annoying questions as always.

Stay gold Lloyd. (My offer to kick someone’s ass for you is always standing as well)

#81 2 years ago

I'm well aware that Lloyd has been supporting JJP owners for years as a labor of love, with no pay other than receiving the latest game (that he can learn to support).

What a sweetheart deal to have someone like that on your team. A mind boggling decision.

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'm well aware that Lloyd has been supporting JJP owners for years as a labor of love, with no pay other than receiving the latest game (that he can learn to support).
    What a sweetheart deal to have someone like that on your team. A mind boggling decision.

Sweetheart deal is right. If for no other reason than good optics for one’s company, begging LTG to return with a good pay package, would be the only honorable thing for JJP to do now. But ruthless companies like JJP don’t work that way unfortunately, so it is a mind boggling decision that no other company other than JJP would ever make. I mean it cost them nothing for Pete’s sake!!! IMO, they took total advantage of the good nature of Lloyd for almost 9 years!!!

#83 2 years ago

If JJP casts aside Lloyd, this dedicated and altruistic enthusiast, who represents all of us, what do each one of us individually represent to JJP? This may be more damaging than they think. Lloyd has been on our side for ages.

#84 2 years ago

Dear JJP,

F u.

#85 2 years ago

Wait... they fired a guy who was working for free? Not just working for free.... but someone who was actually useful *and* a positive spokesmen for the company? That's pretty baffling.

#86 2 years ago
    Quoted from dts:

If JJP casts aside Lloyd, this dedicated and altruistic enthusiast, who represents all of us, what do each one of us individually represent to JJP? This may be more damaging than they think. Lloyd has been on our side for ages.

Excellent point!

#87 2 years ago

Well the best 2 things to come out from JJP are Butch and Lloyd and they are both still at CGC!.

Also, I miss Frank Too

#88 2 years ago

OP gets booted from an appreciation thread he created.

That should be a pinside achievement.

#89 2 years ago

Thanks Lloyd. You have a loyal fan base that appreciates your help and knowledge. Keep up the good times and have fun too. Happy New year.

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Well that sucks. Between JJP’s endless problems and the Mirco cabal, it’s hard to justify buying their machines. Jack was a nice guy when I met him. To my understanding he doesn’t own the company anymore, he sold it, right? He’s basically a figurehead kinda like Colonel Sanders was after selling KFC?
    They make beautiful boxes of lights that seem to self destruct by design. Really sucks. I wanted a DI too. Love that game.
    Pat is awesome, but having great designers doesn’t mean shit if the games are always busted! Hopefully they change things around for the better, but this isn’t a reassuring sign.
    Time to go buy a Punchy the Clown.

I own DI for 2 1/2 years now and it’s been bulletproof after initial set up.I’ve owned Wonka for 2 years and it’s been flawless as can be for a pinball machine!

#91 2 years ago

He's helped me with a few issues on my hobbit. Bad move by JJP. Considering their QC or lack thereof, seems like a bonehead move. Thanks for all the help LTG.

#92 2 years ago

Lloyd helped me on my WOZ many years ago. I remember waiting three years for that game and when I had a problem with it I was relieved to see it taken care of right away.

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

OP gets booted from an appreciation thread he created.

Not only that, it’s an appreciation thread for the only person that everyone on this forum likes.

#94 2 years ago

Thank you for all the help Lloyd- you have helped me a few times and it’s much appreciated

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

28EB8E63-7978-479D-9E05-693CF9C96BDF (resized).jpeg28EB8E63-7978-479D-9E05-693CF9C96BDF (resized).jpeg

#96 2 years ago

I don’t own a JJP. Lloyd has been one the best things about Pinside since I joined.

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Not only that, it’s an appreciation thread for the only person that everyone on this forum likes.

#98 2 years ago

Is Stephen Z still there or is he gone too?

#99 2 years ago

Lloyd is all class. JJP you have no clue what you’ve done to yourself. The company that picks Lloyd up is making out.

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from hiker2099:

Lloyd is all class. JJP you have no clue what you’ve done to yourself. The company that picks Lloyd up is making out.

Stern should pick him up. The tech support guys there are great but they're overloaded. Pay Lloyd in free premium machines when they come out so he can talk people through problems remotely. His arcade gets more machines and more foot traffic, and then he can sell the machines when they're played out and don't need as much support anymore. Win/win.

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ltg-loyd-appreciation-axed-after-9-yrs-by-ruthless-jjp/page/2?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.