IMG_02991_01 (resized).jpg
DSC00239 (resized).JPG
newlights2 (resized).JPG
15887681867478473385726802809227 (resized).jpg
DSC00234 (resized).JPG
LTG (resized).jpg
DSCN6824 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.52.11 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago

If anyone is interested in a simple approach LTG shared his PayPal # with us a month ago which we gave what we could for a great person. PM if you wish to send him some support yourself. He is the Best of the Best.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Is there a way to buy his gift certificates and maybe donate them to a local charity/scouting/group that can use them?

Yes. If you note that on a PayPal to him he will honor your request. Several have reached out for his PP and I Know he appreciates the support. He has humbly helped the community forever without a request for any support so seeing people do so in kind to him is Very kind.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

Forgive my naivete, but what is LTG's normal business? Your idea to help is admirable.

Interesting question as business would be defined in most cases as profit baring. LTG has been a supporter of the hobby directly and indirectly for Soon to be 50 years. He still runs his parents SS Billiards and Arcade in MN to this day (Solo without employees) rain or shine morning to night. He is Also the tech support on forum or phone for CGC, JJP, honestly ANY machine or Person that needs help. Most however don't know that he does this with NO salary or Boss! He does it primarily out of kindness and his love of the hobby. Very few have I personally ever met that would do so much for so little. A thank you for the most part has always been his reward. Do note along with shows, helping locals, etc he does Much more then we see but in general to me he is one of the people that made this hobby Great for new and Old. Plus he's the dam Nicest guy you will honestly ever meet. His doors are always open and I will BET even with this shut down he and his dog Prada are still heading to SS Billiards Every day to help even a single call for help. Thats the LTG I know....

Technically you see him Every Day at the top of this forum and only notice if you need him. Now I suspect he may need Us..

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.52.11 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.52.11 AM (resized).png

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Maybe set up a donation link for those of us that don't need anything, but want to send a little something to LTG to help. I've been on the other end of CGS/JJP tech issues and his support has been phenomenal over the years.

That’s why I suggested the PP. Don’t need to buy anything and it’s anonymous if that’s where your heart is. Just don’t feel right publishing his account and he is Way to humble and proud to ever ask for help. Heck, just sharing a PM of kind supportive words I’m sure he would appreciate.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Giebzilla:

Loyd is such an amazing guy, so generous with his time and knowledge. I always wondered about his professional experience, he seems to know so much tech about so many pins. I am honored to be able to support him during these times. Hang in there Loyd, better times are ahead!

While not surprised I am Very pleased to see how many reached out for his PayPal info simply to show appreciation like yourself. Rather difficult world turn but it is Really amazing to see people reaching out to help others as an act of kindness without agenda. Will only say he reached out to thank everyone for their kindness and while humble, every bit Does help even if it’s a simple kind word to keep spirits up. You people are Fricken Awesome. Really awesome!

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from maur:

Hi Guys,
Can someone post an email so we can send something to him directly through PayPal. I posted a little problem a few weeks ago on my DI and he was the first to respond. The type of guy you really want to help....
maurizio

Send me a PM and I will give you his PayPal. Not sure if that can be posted. I know he would appreciate it.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Anyone recall when LTG hit, what was it? 100K posts on RGP?
That was an accomplishment.
'Standing on the shoulders of giants' comes to mind...

Lol, that’s because LTG has seen Most Everything and is always willing to share a story. He could do 100k posts by noon tomorrow lol. All I (and my wife) want is to celebrate LTG’s 50th anniversary coming soon. He Will make it and we will plan to attend the 60th also. Surviving in this industry (especially liked) for 50 fricken years is Monumental! He’s technically a landmark. An Old one, but a Great.

All PM’s replied to, the kindness is amazing in this group. Bless each of you.

#51 3 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

LTG is there by chance a way for people to donate to you directly, preferably without crowdfunding overhead and all?

Sent everyone the info. Agree I Hate crowdfunding overhead also. If you make the donation Friends and Family they will wave PP getting a donation. Inbox was exploding with generous support requests for LTG. Simply awesome to see for a great person. Your all amazing.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Please include me. Although new to the forum I am thankful for the direct and indirect support he has provided.
I would like to say you are appreciated more then words in a post.

Sent, and your generosity is much appreciated. I would also suggest Anyone traveling to the Minneapolis MN area consider dropping by his place. (When the world returns). It’s truly a delight and you will be treated as a friend from the moment you arrive wether you play or not! He has so many pinball stories to share you won’t be disappointed. Plus he has a cute dog lol. (I mean Guard dog...)

#65 3 years ago

Yes but that’s not his PayPal. You could just send a donation to his office so long as he is there. Who’s kidding who, he’s Always there! Lol

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

“Directly” by definition precludes the use of a third party.

You are right. Feel free to mail him support. It’s all good do as you feel comfortable.

#76 3 years ago

Sent out contact email via PM for all that inquired. Awesome group here!

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Evening bump for a great guy who has always helped us who now can use our help.

True that. We need to get him Back to work or Prada is going to go insane fetching a ball all day!

LTG (resized).jpgLTG (resized).jpg
#87 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Back to a happier state. Roadshow decal set sold.

Great to hear. When reopened SS Billards will be the cleanest hall in town lol. Lloyd had a few months to polish it to new.

#93 3 years ago

As several has inquired. I confirmed with Lloyd that the Paypal account he has (an old one...) does respond as Sky Point Communications on receipt and he is receiving all of your Very generous support. Appreciate all that have checked in on this to make sure he is the recipient and not some Saudi Prince somewhere lol.

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And what the back looks like when I can reopen.
I couldn't have done it without all my friends here !
Thank you,
Lloyd
[quoted image]

You know if you just Leave the plastic on the pool tables you would never need to clean them! Looks Great Lloyd, cleaning is never fun but Wow you made that place shine like new. The ReBirth of SS Billiards! Good for another 20 years!!!!! Always wondered, who does a tech support guy call for tech support???

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Geez before this thread all I ever heard about Lloyd is how much he enjoys slapping ice cream cones out of kids hands and kicking puppies.
Good thing for him an ice cream shop is opening next door!
(Hopefully obvious kidding)
In all seriousness Llyod is such a huge asset to this community and has helped me out along with many others without batting an eye.
I'd be happy to help out anytime if you ever need it LTG
Cant wait to see Prada again!
Oh yeah and you too.
I'll take that paypal address as well!
James (or Chase, whatever you call me haha)

Info sent. Very kind and agreed feedback. I really hope that ice cream shop can drive him some new business. Already told him to put up a sign saying come on in with your ice cream and enjoy a game! Couldn’t ask for a better neighbor business. Would even suggest partnering with the neighbor and giving them vouchers for (1) free game with every 5$ ice cream purchase. Like potato chips you can’t play just one is the hope.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I hope it does the whole strip malls good. Even the Chinese restaurant was hoping for more food, not an office.
They have Grand Old Creamery ice cream. Which has locations on the east side of Minneapolis. Often voted the best ice cream in Minnesota. They are take out only right now. And have a steady stream of business. And we aren't even in hot weather yet.
So I think it will be a plus for me. ( other than sticky fingers )
LTG : )

I’m sure Prada can help with some of those sticky fingers. Lol

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I had to do some digging. 20 years ago this month.
Poor deer.
Thank you my friend for a trip down memory lane and the good old days.

Wasn’t good for the Deer but an awesome story none the less. Lloyd sent me a road apple, I think he was out of pool balls?

#135 3 years ago

Soooo many amazing people in this hobby. I know everyone has different levels of income or life priority but it is sincerely refreshing to see the outpouring of amazing and generous supporters that have reached out. Some simply wanted to share words of encouragement for #LTG others a gesture of support. Lloyd to many is just a stranger in a goofy hobby but they still open their hearts to help. You people are fricken awesome and I know you love and support are going to an Amazing guy I hope someday you will have the privilege of meeting. In my 25 Pin years (that’s 51 dog years) he is without question one of the best this hobby has seen. I offer his private PP to anyone that wish’s to sent even a dollar or simple share a word of support. Vicariously I am honored to see so many helpful people in this group. You are amazing each of you!

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Cedar wants your paypal as well.You and Prada are treasures
[quoted image]

Info sent.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

(Long’ish and hopefully not too dull)
Just want to weigh in re: how generous LTG is:
I met Lloyd through Pinside. I saw his mug prominently on the Forum page with his Ask Lloyd link and thought, this guy must get hundreds of PM’s a day. Still, when I had a rookie tech question about my game, I fired it over and – lo’ and behold! - he replied within a day. He had some good ideas and said I should feel free to ask him questions when necessary in the future – which I’ve done! I eventually made it over to his arcade and got to meet him in person. That was a trip. There’s a lot to learn over there just by looking around. There’s a framed newspaper article on the wall from thirty-years ago that laments the passing of pinball, despite the dogged of efforts from men like Lloyd. You look at that and then look twenty feet to your right and there is Lloyd, still parked in his chair, still presiding over his arcade full of pinballs. It’s, like, the guy doesn’t quit! By now – after many visits to SS! – Lloyd has fielded hundreds of tech questions from me and he has never once told me to take it somewhere else. He’s generous that way. Really, he’s generous in a variety of ways. He even helped me haul a game home from a FedEx terminal twenty minutes out of town and – drumroll, please! - hauled a game back to Minneapolis from Expo for me. How incredible is that! The guy’s a champ! If you’re thinking that ours hasn’t been a fair exchange of generosity, that would be a mistake. I do what I can to support Lloyd, however unconventional it might be. We are friends. I’m looking forward to seeing him again at SS – this time with the lights on and the games turned on. The 50-year anniversary of SS is coming before you know it. It might look a little different with social distancing, but let’s all hope it happens, one way or another.

Never a dull story and appreciate you sharing. I suspect there are Hundreds just like this over the years from others. He's seen it all, done it all, and survived to Share it all! I'll share a story on the sneaky but also humor side of Lloyd since we are sharing....lol

A few Expos ago while sharing some "back then" stories he as typical brings up his favorite Punchy the Clown game. I had to ask (thats where it went wrong!) "Why do you love that game so much??" As if he staged this for months says "hold on, let me introduce you to someone!. Sure why not, I always enjoy meeting the faces of pinball. He walks me over to Fred Young and says "Hey Fred, this guy is a huge fan of all your work and voice over for Punchy the Clown!" At that point he walks away with that Lloyd the Great shit eatin grin..... For the next 2 HOURS of Expo I am led around by Fred doing CONTINUOUS voice impressions of EVERY game he ever did. Walking me up to EVERY game in the hall reciting every detail and call out spot on to the game. Ok don't get me wrong Fred is second to LTG one of the nicest people you will EVER meet but holly crap LTG got the last laugh. I will never get those clown call outs out of my head EVER! lol Sneaky bastard.

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Hiya Lloyd. Please PM me your PayPal address.

Sent and Thank You!

#165 3 years ago

PM’s sent to all for your kind interest in helping the Great LTG! It’s going to take more then Covid to take away our pinball lifeline!

#173 3 years ago

Please stop with this crap. You have been booted out of every thread including your own for this. If you have ANY consideration for LTG please just leave and don’t contaminate This thread is dedicated to Lloyd. You already pitched this Everywhere else please go There!

1 week later
#185 3 years ago

Just pointing out an observation. Lloyd, you sir can’t catch a break but your are clearly tough as nails. Recession, 8 month road to business shut down, an epidemic, and now state wide looting and rioting. Seriously, you can’t catch a break but you never loose your spirit or drive. I personally would have hung out the white flag but you keep going. Bravo to you and your love of this hobby.

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Everything still staying away from your business Lloyd? I hope so. While I'm here can you please PM me your paypal? I've been in and out of the hobby since the early 2000's and you've been a constant source of information/help throughout.

PM sent. Your Awesome!!

#197 3 years ago

Just a quick reminder as I Think LTG already clarified in this thread but understandably a few have PM’d me with concern. Yes, Lloyd Is receiving your Very generous and Kind support and the receipt from PayPal will show as Skypoint Communication which I believe he said was his long ago created service provider account. Absolutely legit and everyone is absolutely welcome to reach out to him to verify receipt as I am certain he wouldn’t mind the contact. Sorry again if his account receipt caused concern but he has assured us he Is receiving and Very Much appreciating your Wonderful and generous support. Each of you are Awesome!! I suspect LTG is sitting by the front door with Prada and a sock of quarters thwarting off looters for his newest life/business challenge. Stay strong Man, you WILL get back to normal soon! We love you.

1 week later
#206 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Today is the day. June 10th 2020 reopening after the three month shutdown. With virus protocols in place.
A huge heartfelt thank you to all who supported me during this crisis and help give me a fighting chance. I will never forget your kindness !

Looking Great LTG! I see you still didn't clean out/organize that front display case though! Maybe you need a week off earthquake to get to that one lol. Best of luck to you Our friend. We wish you a safe and successful return and as always Sincerely appreciate ALL you do for this hobby!

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you know you'll be coming here. Please let me know in advance so I can try and make your visit special !

Special? Does that mean you’ll wear pants that day? lol

5 months later
#245 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Getting gift certs, is that in person only?
Do you have a paypal for donation?
Thanks Llyod!

I can send it to you via PM not sure I can post his info here? Honestly AMAZING how many giving and wonderful people that have reached out for this. Yes, Lloyd is good for pinball but more so he is an Amazing person! Much more then pinball with this guy. How many family grown pinball establishments have survived for almost (soon) 50 Years!!! That itself shows his dedication and commitment alone. God knows pinball is Not a millionaire business plan. Its a plan for the Love of the hobby. Lloyd is a simple humble guy that loves what he and his family created and is willing to sacrifice all he has to to keep it alive. Truly an amazing story to be honest. Just as amazing are those that shared even a kind word or few dollars to help out just to be kind. Really a great thing to see. You are ALL amazing!

1 month later
#258 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I appreciate your help.
After so many years. I know what works and what doesn't.
Repairing games for customers has never worked for me. They'll spend $8K on a game but don't want to spend anything to fix it. And then you get married to them. Every time anything goes wrong they want it fixed for free.
And most people don't have the ability to bring a game here. I'm not equipped to pick them up. And with the virus, I'm not inclined to do home repairs and increase my own exposure.
If I can get business back the way it was after the first closure. I'll get by. And with the vaccines coming. And a new game or two. I should be rolling again by mid next year.

#LTG I am having NAVL drop off 8 EM pins for you to go through and restore for me. Was hoping to have them back by first week January if you could put a rush on it. Thanks pal!

4 weeks later
#269 3 years ago
Quoted from pincoin:

There are some very generous people on pinside, I like seeing all these people donating to pinball related businesses!

Agreed. Pinball related businesses and More so Really amazing People like LTG that go out of their way to help Us every day to enjoy this wonderful hobby.

1 month later
#284 3 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Hang tuff LTG-
You are the man,myth-RGP legend !! Anybody who can help Lloyd out do it - as he has given his all to Pinball for decades now.....

I assumed he was close to a Century by now..... lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ltg-help-fund-help-him-out?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.