IMG_02991_01 (resized).jpg
DSC00239 (resized).JPG
newlights2 (resized).JPG
15887681867478473385726802809227 (resized).jpg
DSC00234 (resized).JPG
LTG (resized).jpg
DSCN6824 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.52.11 AM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LTG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 3 years ago

I'm humbled by the out pouring of kind words and support.

Thank you doesn't seem enough. I really do appreciate all of this !

Thank you,
Lloyd

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

Does SS Billiards sell bumper stickers or t shirts?

No. Had the logo made years ago. Something else always comes up first before getting to use it on stuff.

LTG : )

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey LTG, can you use a few old socks?

Thank you, no.

I haven't worn socks for years.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Inbox was exploding with generous support requests for LTG. Simply awesome to see for a great person. Your all amazing.

The love, caring, support, private messages and emails, has been overwhelming.

I hope someday to be able to thank each and everyone of you in person. Especially if you stop in my business so I can make your visit special !
Lloyd

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I sent LTG a PP F&F donation earlier today. Hope it helps out.

Thank you. It will !

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Lloyd if you would be so kind to PM me your Paypal info

Will do.

Thank you.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lloyd had a few months to polish it to new.

It will look different. 22 machines are all shopped. About 2 months before the shut down I ordered the lighting change. So I was committed to that. The electric company picked up 60% of it, so it was a good thing to do. And the old 8 foot florescent tubes used about 15 times more wattage than these flat panel lights. So I'll save on electric and a little on cooling from the old ballasts. This happened today.

I have paint here to touch up the stripe where the old fixtures were and paint the walls in the bathroom above the tile line.

Straighten out the drawers on the showcase, and clean out my cabinet where I hang my coat and paint it. Then I'll be ready for when I can open again. It will be looking pretty good in here.

I'll post more pictures when I've got the painting done and the plastic tarps removed.

The kindness and generosity and support here has kept me going through all this. I really appreciate what everyone has done for me.

Thank you,
Lloyd

DSC00234 (resized).JPGDSC00234 (resized).JPG
#94 3 years ago

And what the back looks like when I can reopen.

I couldn't have done it without all my friends here !

Thank you,
Lloyd

newlights2 (resized).JPGnewlights2 (resized).JPG
#97 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

We are also needing pictures of your dog. Asking for a friend...

Prada wagged her tail just for your friend.

DSC00239 (resized).JPGDSC00239 (resized).JPG
#103 3 years ago

And received. The support and kind words is overwhelming.

Thank you !
Lloyd

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I really hope that ice cream shop can drive him some new business.

I hope it does the whole strip malls good. Even the Chinese restaurant was hoping for more food, not an office.

They have Grand Old Creamery ice cream. Which has locations on the east side of Minneapolis. Often voted the best ice cream in Minnesota. They are take out only right now. And have a steady stream of business. And we aren't even in hot weather yet.

So I think it will be a plus for me. ( other than sticky fingers )

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I hit a deer with my car.

I was just thinking about that, way back when.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I hit a deer with my car.

I had to do some digging. 20 years ago this month.

Poor deer.

Thank you my friend for a trip down memory lane and the good old days.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not gunna be the one to post a link to the hobbit thread

Go ahead.

Be fair, post the start in post 8395 to which I answered 8396, then post 8413 to which I answered in detail on 8418 trying to explain where to find the downloads. Everything went to hell after that. Don't just post where it went to hell. And I still apologized three times trying make amends and keep peace on Pinside.

Lloyd

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

From my doggie to yours!

Thank you. You have a great doggie !

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

PM me your Paypal info as well Lloyd. Be happy to make a donation..

Very nice of you. PM sent.

Thank you !

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from tandem2:

Lloyd, please PM your PayPal info. your dog is awesome

Will do.

And thank you. Prada misses all her fans and chest rubs.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Donation sent buddy. Buy Prada some treats..

Thank you and will do !

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

If someone would send me LTG's PP,

I'll send it.

Quoted from waltrr:

I go way back with RGP too.

Great times my friend !

#139 3 years ago

What a beautiful dog !

#143 3 years ago

It looks like I can reopen on May 18th.

I know the months ahead will be tough trying to rebuild my business. And a limit of ten or less people apparently and social distancing.

I'll be doing all I can to keep me and my customers safe.

And I want to send a huge thank you to all who have supported me through this and into the future. Words can't express how grateful I am for all the support and kind words. You'll never know how much this has helped me to keep hope alive and a chance to turn things around.

May you and your loved ones stay safe !

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

All dogs should be happy when even one dog chews his leash and gets loose. Go Lloyd, go!

Prada will be happy when her fans return and the chest rubbing commences !

Pradachest rub (resized).jpgPradachest rub (resized).jpg
#146 3 years ago

The rules for reopening are up. Looks like June 1st for me. Sorry for jumping the gun with the earlier news that made it sound like Monday was it.

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

It's been a beautiful 14 days.

Yes it has. The kind words and support really help in these crazy times.

Thank you for doing this. Thank you to all who helped. And thank you all for the kind words !
Lloyd

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

When is Lloyd-Con (Lloydfest, Lloyd-a-Go-Go)? You know, that multi-day event we buy $$ tickets for, hosted at SS Billiards, benefitting the LTG foundation? Swap meet in the parking lot, t-shirts, signed translites for machines he gave advice to fix? After all this pandemic business to be sure. But put it on the calendar and I’m down for my first visit to MEGA-SOTA!

At some point the Pinball Circus will return. Though with the current situation it may be way off in the future. My 50th Anniversary party may come first. The Golden Goose !

#160 3 years ago

Just listening to the governor it seems Minnesota will start opening more businesses in four phases starting June 1st.

No hard dates on phase 2, 3, or 4. I believe they will keep an eye on how things go.

So I would guess a good month or more for me as I'm in phase 4.

Which brings me to post in this thread. I'll be able to weather this storm thanks to all the help and generosity of people on Pinside and in the community.

My sincere thank you to all who contributed. That will give me a fighting chance to get through this.

Thank you for all the support and kind words !
Lloyd

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

We need a PayPal total

flashinstinct sales came in twice. $221.20 and $404.20. Pinside refunded their fees of $18.20. For a total of $643.60.

People also donated here, on Facebook, stopped by, and bought gift certificates. And an amazing marble. ( see pictures ) and Rick from Planetary Pinball Supply sent a bunch of parts. Before all this I also sold the Bill Paxton pinball machine.

A huge thank you to all for the support and kind words !
Lloyd

DSC00264 (resized).JPGDSC00264 (resized).JPGDSC00265 (resized).JPGDSC00265 (resized).JPG
#181 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Lloyd, send me your PayPal address!

Paypal address sent. Thank you for your support. I hope you and your loved ones stay safe !
Lloyd

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

So... how close are you to the riots? Hopefully not too close!

Was about 8 miles. St. Paul is farther east. This morning Uptown was hit, so that's about 5 miles.

Target closed all their stores in the Twin Cities. There was rumors of threats against the Knollwood Target, which would be about 3 miles. And rumors of Minnetonka or lake Minnetonka area.

I hope it quiets down fast. Small businesses have enough issues right now without looting and fires.

LTG : (

#186 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just pointing out an observation. Lloyd, you sir can’t catch a break but your are clearly tough as nails. Recession, 8 month road to business shut down, an epidemic, and now state wide looting and rioting. Seriously, you can’t catch a break but you never loose your spirit or drive. I personally would have hung out the white flag but you keep going. Bravo to you and your love of this hobby.

Thank you for the trip down memory lane.

You left out video game fad bubble burst and the No Smoking.

Aut Vincere Aut Mori

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Everything still staying away from your business Lloyd?

So far. Maybe 4 to 5 miles east of me.

Thank you !

Quoted from pinball_ric:

While I'm here can you please PM me your paypal?

Yelobird beat me to it. I appreciate your thinking of me and the support. Thank you !

I'm in Phase 4 to reopen. Phase 2 starts tomorrow. No time frame for Phase 3 or Phase 4 yet. I am concerned with the last few nights shenanigans, that in a couple weeks we'll see a spike in new virus cases, delaying things further.

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

While I'm here can you please PM me your paypal?

Received.

I really appreciate your help and support !

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a quick reminder as I Think LTG already clarified in this thread but understandably a few have PM’d me with concern. Yes, Lloyd Is receiving your Very generous and Kind support and the receipt from PayPal will show as Skypoint Communication which I believe he said was his long ago created service provider account. Absolutely legit and everyone is absolutely welcome to reach out to him to verify receipt as I am certain he wouldn’t mind the contact. Sorry again if his account receipt caused concern but he has assured us he Is receiving and Very Much appreciating your Wonderful and generous support. Each of you are Awesome!! I suspect LTG is sitting by the front door with Prada and a sock of quarters thwarting off looters for his newest life/business challenge. Stay strong Man, you WILL get back to normal soon! We love you.

Thank you for the timely reminder. I've tried to let people know that when they get their Paypal notice it will have Skypoint on it. My internet provider. I just had an email asking about that.

Prada is patiently waiting by the front door for the return of her beloved fans.

I'm in phase four to reopen. No date yet. Phase 2 just started Monday June 1st. Phase three and four will be decided as they watch how things progress. I've been safe from the looters. Though I suspect those events will see a spike in new virus cases in a couple weeks. Further delaying my reopening.

Since my reopening is delayed and unknown. It makes me even more appreciative of all the help and support I've received to get me through this.

I am ready to go when I can reopen. Quarters are disinfected. Virus guard up. Disinfectant will be available. I'll be regularly attacking the door handles, games, pool cues, things people normally come in contact with. And with the new lights, bathroom painted, floor scrubbed, all the games shopped. The place will look different.

I hope everyone that helped can make it here at some point. So I can thank you in person, treat you to some games, and talk pinball.

From my heart. Thank you !
Lloyd

guardPrada (resized).JPGguardPrada (resized).JPG
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Just heard you're getting phased in officially soon. Ren Fest is a go to this year too, so we'll be spending some Saturday evenings up there with you. My best to you, and Prada.

Safe journeys my friend. Glad Ren Fest will happen. Prada and I will look forward to your visit.

#205 3 years ago

Today is the day. June 10th 2020 reopening after the three month shutdown. With virus protocols in place.

A huge heartfelt thank you to all who supported me during this crisis and help give me a fighting chance. I will never forget your kindness !

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I see you still didn't clean out/organize that front display case though!

It is cleaned and organized. Mostly pieces and parts I use for tech support. Lets people see some of what is inside the pinball machines. Only things in there not for tech support is my brick from under the Hopkins clock tower, Spooky documentary DVD, and the PINALL Golden Goose, and my Expo plaque.

You can't see it, but the four drawers below and in back are all cleaned out too.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Looks like they’re waitin for me to set some high scores.

Should be easier now. I reset most of the high scores right after I made this video.

I get some great players through here, and many of the scores weren't reachable.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I cannot wait to get over to the US in the next couple of years so I can come check it out.

If you know you'll be coming here. Please let me know in advance so I can try and make your visit special !

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Special? Does that mean you’ll wear pants that day?

I went commando for your visit.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Lloyd, curious as to how first few days of reopening have gone?

Better than I hoped. Still too early to tell. When the freeway east of me was closed for ten months, it took a good three months to get rolling again.

First day was good. Thursday slow. Friday dead until the sun started going down, which is typical in the Summer, people come in more after dark. Yesterday was spotty.

It remains to be seen. I don't have any experience over the years to know what to expect.

Quoted from meSz:

Best of luck!

Thank you !

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

keep us posted!

It's been a roller coaster so far. And nothing like this in past history to estimate how business might be.

This past Tuesday didn't even pay to be open.

I've had a few days where people do start coming in after the sun starts setting. Which is the usual norm in the Summer months. And pretty quick we start getting dark earlier a minute sooner each day. And in a couple weeks the 4th of July and the roller coaster to Fall.

My thinking is it will keep plugging along and hopefully build up for an okay Fall and Winter. Not where it should be. But better than being closed.

2 months later
#228 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Lloyd... don’t want to get too personal on your revenue and all, but are you willing to give a general sense of how things are going the last few months?

All over the map. 47+ years of experience out the window. No idea when I might have customers, no idea when it will be dead.

Overall a rough guess is I'm doing about 1/3rd to 1/2 of what I need to get by. Not get ahead.

Hopefully as the days grow shorter, sun sets earlier, weather gets colder. And maybe a new game or two before the end of the year. Things will improve.

1 month later
#237 3 years ago

Thank you all for your interest.

Yesterday was hectic to say the least. At first it looked like I'd be closed again at 10pm on Friday for who knows how long this time. So I was already thinking what game(s) to sell.

As time went by. And things became more evident. For me it looks like my capacity is reduced a little, no problem. Starting Friday at 10pm no selling soda pop or candy bars, or allowing soda pop, snacks, candy bars, or food, to be consumed in here and every day after at 10pm. No idea for how long.

I don't sell alcohol or allow it on the premises.

I apologize for the initial panic. I was trying to figure things out and what to do, as they unfolded. Fully expecting the worst.

1 week later
#239 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

I unfortunately think you might still need help here in the near future

After listening to the governor, starting Saturday I'll be closed again for at least a month.

LTG : (

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You wanna help me finish up a Lucky Ace repair before I start a thread?

I'm afraid you'll have to start a thread. I haven't been in an EM in 40 years.

Thank you though !

#250 3 years ago

LTG / BLACK FRIDAY SALE
*YOU CHOOSE HOW MUCH YOU SAVE AND HOW MUCH YOU GIVE. SALE STARTS NOW!*
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-decals-black-friday-you-choose-how-much-you-save

Thank you for doing this !

#252 3 years ago

Don’t thank me too soon. Only two sales yesterday.

Even if it's only two. I appreciate the effort and support.

1 month later
#255 3 years ago
Quoted from 6S3NC3:

Are you still closed? Hope all is well LTG.

Yes. Closed again. I sold my Stern Wheel of Fortune. Supposed to open December 19th which was extended to January 11th. Which I assume they'll extend that date too.

If so I'll sell another game.

#257 3 years ago
Quoted from cudabee:

Lloyd, i myself switched to repair and service games for private customers.

I appreciate your help.

After so many years. I know what works and what doesn't.

Repairing games for customers has never worked for me. They'll spend $8K on a game but don't want to spend anything to fix it. And then you get married to them. Every time anything goes wrong they want it fixed for free.

And most people don't have the ability to bring a game here. I'm not equipped to pick them up. And with the virus, I'm not inclined to do home repairs and increase my own exposure.

If I can get business back the way it was after the first closure. I'll get by. And with the vaccines coming. And a new game or two. I should be rolling again by mid next year.

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

#LTG I am having NAVL drop off 8 EM pins for you

Why thank you. Even though I didn't invite you to the weenie roast. Very generous of you to provide wood for the fire.

4 weeks later
#261 3 years ago
Quoted from elf70:

Been thinking about you - I know you said you expected the Jan 11 to be extended. What's the current outlook?

I did get to open on the 11th. Same restrictions as two weeks before the last closing.

Business has been all over the map. Okay days. Bad days. And 48 years of history out the window of what I could usually expect. So no idea what the day will bring until it's over.

Some income beats no income though. Thank you !

#264 3 years ago
Quoted from Harmonic-Homes:

Hi Guys, please PM me the PayPal link.

I'll PM it.

Thank you,

#266 3 years ago
Quoted from montanafan:

LLoyd send me your Paypal link. I want to donate again.

PM sent. Thank you,

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Can I get the paypal link too?

Sending in a minute.

Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm definitely going to SS next time I'm in the Cities and things are open.

I look forward to your visit !

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Could you please PM me the link too?

Will do. Thank you !

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Lloyd I have your information and will send $$ the old fashion way. Happy New Year.

Cheers

Thank you my friend in these trying times !

#278 3 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Ck.yer snail mail LTG

Nothing yet. I'll let you know as soon as I see something.

#280 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

How are things going up there LTG? Are you at least treading water instead of drowning since you can be open?

Treading water. Barely. But some income is better than none.

Thank you all for your help, concern, and kind words !

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Lloyd I have your information and will send $$ the old fashion way. Happy New Year.

Just came today. Thank you for your help. And the kind words my friend !

#282 3 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

Bump,
Ck.yer snail mail LTG

Came today. Thank you my friend for the kind words and support !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LTG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ltg-help-fund-help-him-out?tu=LTG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.