IMG_02991_01 (resized).jpg
DSC00239 (resized).JPG
newlights2 (resized).JPG
15887681867478473385726802809227 (resized).jpg
DSC00234 (resized).JPG
LTG (resized).jpg
DSCN6824 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.52.11 AM (resized).png
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Just heard you're getting phased in officially soon. Ren Fest is a go to this year too, so we'll be spending some Saturday evenings up there with you. My best to you, and Prada.

Safe journeys my friend. Glad Ren Fest will happen. Prada and I will look forward to your visit.

LTG : )

#202 3 years ago

My stickers made it to Australia for Houdini thanks a bunch. Is there somewhere that shows where they go? i'm good with the targets but there's a couple i haven't figured out.

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My stickers made it to Australia for Houdini thanks a bunch. Is there somewhere that shows where they go? i'm good with the targets but there's a couple i haven't figured out.

This should help.
Plenty of photos in this thread
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-target-decals-set-interest-check#post-4302074

#204 3 years ago

Thanks mate, quality product and a good thing you are doing to boot.

#205 3 years ago

Today is the day. June 10th 2020 reopening after the three month shutdown. With virus protocols in place.

A huge heartfelt thank you to all who supported me during this crisis and help give me a fighting chance. I will never forget your kindness !

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Today is the day. June 10th 2020 reopening after the three month shutdown. With virus protocols in place.
A huge heartfelt thank you to all who supported me during this crisis and help give me a fighting chance. I will never forget your kindness !

Looking Great LTG! I see you still didn't clean out/organize that front display case though! Maybe you need a week off earthquake to get to that one lol. Best of luck to you Our friend. We wish you a safe and successful return and as always Sincerely appreciate ALL you do for this hobby!

#207 3 years ago

Boy, that looks like a fun arcade!

Very best wishes !

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Man that place looks fun. Good luck with the Grand Reopening brother.

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The goose is loose! I'm not the biggest fan of JJP games, but that lineup of all five in chronological order is effing impressive. Your locals are lucky to have you.

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I see you still didn't clean out/organize that front display case though!

It is cleaned and organized. Mostly pieces and parts I use for tech support. Lets people see some of what is inside the pinball machines. Only things in there not for tech support is my brick from under the Hopkins clock tower, Spooky documentary DVD, and the PINALL Golden Goose, and my Expo plaque.

You can't see it, but the four drawers below and in back are all cleaned out too.

#212 3 years ago

Boy, I haven't seen a machine (that I didn't own) in attract mode in quite a while....

#213 3 years ago

p.s. You gonna' suit Prada up in Hazmat gear?

HazMat (resized).jpgHazMat (resized).jpg
#214 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nice!!! Looks like they’re waitin for me to set some high scores.

Congrats and hopefully you get some instant traffic.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Looks like they’re waitin for me to set some high scores.

Should be easier now. I reset most of the high scores right after I made this video.

I get some great players through here, and many of the scores weren't reachable.

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Congratulations on reopening. Glad to see it!

Best wishes on continued success!

#217 3 years ago

Glad you are opening back up!! All of pinside is rooting for your success!!

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Congrats on opening back up. Your place looks great! I cannot wait to get over to the US in the next couple of years so I can come check it out.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

I cannot wait to get over to the US in the next couple of years so I can come check it out.

If you know you'll be coming here. Please let me know in advance so I can try and make your visit special !

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you know you'll be coming here. Please let me know in advance so I can try and make your visit special !

Special? Does that mean you’ll wear pants that day? lol

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Special? Does that mean you’ll wear pants that day?

I went commando for your visit.

#222 3 years ago

Lloyd, curious as to how first few days of reopening have gone?

Best of luck!

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Lloyd, curious as to how first few days of reopening have gone?

Better than I hoped. Still too early to tell. When the freeway east of me was closed for ten months, it took a good three months to get rolling again.

First day was good. Thursday slow. Friday dead until the sun started going down, which is typical in the Summer, people come in more after dark. Yesterday was spotty.

It remains to be seen. I don't have any experience over the years to know what to expect.

Quoted from meSz:

Best of luck!

Thank you !

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Better than I hoped. Still too early to tell. When the freeway east of me was closed for ten months, it took a good three months to get rolling again.
First day was good. Thursday slow. Friday dead until the sun started going down, which is typical in the Summer, people come in more after dark. Yesterday was spotty.
It remains to be seen. I don't have any experience over the years to know what to expect.

Thank you !

Yeah wasn't expecting you to say things were GREAT but the fact you had one good day out of 4 is better then I would expect and is great to read. A LOT of people are still reluctant to even go out to anywhere public not to mention for something that's not a necessity. Again, best of luck and keep us posted!

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

keep us posted!

It's been a roller coaster so far. And nothing like this in past history to estimate how business might be.

This past Tuesday didn't even pay to be open.

I've had a few days where people do start coming in after the sun starts setting. Which is the usual norm in the Summer months. And pretty quick we start getting dark earlier a minute sooner each day. And in a couple weeks the 4th of July and the roller coaster to Fall.

My thinking is it will keep plugging along and hopefully build up for an okay Fall and Winter. Not where it should be. But better than being closed.

#226 3 years ago

Wishing you the best!

2 months later
#227 3 years ago

Lloyd... don’t want to get too personal on your revenue and all, but are you willing to give a general sense of how things are going the last few months?

#228 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Lloyd... don’t want to get too personal on your revenue and all, but are you willing to give a general sense of how things are going the last few months?

All over the map. 47+ years of experience out the window. No idea when I might have customers, no idea when it will be dead.

Overall a rough guess is I'm doing about 1/3rd to 1/2 of what I need to get by. Not get ahead.

Hopefully as the days grow shorter, sun sets earlier, weather gets colder. And maybe a new game or two before the end of the year. Things will improve.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hopefully as the days grow shorter, sun sets earlier, weather gets colder. And maybe a new game or two before the end of the year. Things will improve.

Let’s hope so, for everyone’s sake.

1 month later
#230 3 years ago

Bumping as LTG could use our help again. He believes he can stay open for now but it's not clear. I'm going to send him some more cash to hopefully keep him afloat. I hope he doesn't need it and it's just extra money for him though it seems like a real possibility he could be shut down for a long period of time again.

It's been said before in this thread but it is worth repeating. LTG is a true treasure to our hobby and we should absolutely do what we can to help him out if he needs it.

#231 3 years ago

Do you know, is it because of poor patronage or a change in regulations, or...?

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

Do you know, is it because of poor patronage or a change in regulations, or...?

From what I know he's been scraping by but the governor for MN just put out new guidelines that specifically restrict things like "no bar games that require standing". I think he found away around that restriction currently but unless things drastically improve that could change for the worse.

Please correct me if I got anything wrong LTG.

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

From what I know he's been scraping by but the governor for MN just put out new guidelines that specifically restrict things like "no bar games that require standing". I think he found away around that restriction currently but unless things drastically improve that could change for the worse.
Please correct me if I got anything wrong LTG.

The new restrictions are for bars and restaurants only. Entertainment venues (arcades, theaters, etc) are allowed to operate under current guidelines with the newly placed "no food or beverage service after 10pm" mandate.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

The new restrictions are for bars and restaurants only. Entertainment venues (arcades, theaters, etc) are allowed to operate under current guidelines with the newly placed "no food or beverage service after 10pm" mandate.

Yes but which would you consider SS Billiards? A bar or entertainment venue? I'm not sure how they distinguish that. Maybe alcohol sales?

Either way it would be nice if LTG had a cushion instead of scraping by.

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Yes but which would you consider SS Billiards? A bar or entertainment venue? I'm not sure how they distinguish that. Maybe alcohol sales?
Either way it would be nice if LTG had a cushion instead of scraping by.

There is no alcohol at SS Billiards, therefore it is not a bar.

#236 3 years ago

Oh I did not know that. I thought he at least served beer.

#237 3 years ago

Thank you all for your interest.

Yesterday was hectic to say the least. At first it looked like I'd be closed again at 10pm on Friday for who knows how long this time. So I was already thinking what game(s) to sell.

As time went by. And things became more evident. For me it looks like my capacity is reduced a little, no problem. Starting Friday at 10pm no selling soda pop or candy bars, or allowing soda pop, snacks, candy bars, or food, to be consumed in here and every day after at 10pm. No idea for how long.

I don't sell alcohol or allow it on the premises.

I apologize for the initial panic. I was trying to figure things out and what to do, as they unfolded. Fully expecting the worst.

#238 3 years ago

No need to apologize. I unfortunately think you might still need help here in the near future so I hope some people will send some extra money your way. Hopefully you don't need it and can instead spend the money on some improvement that you couldn't afford in the past but wanted to do.

I really wish there was support for the businesses that are forced closed or even the ones that are starting to fall behind due to less customers.

1 week later
#239 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

I unfortunately think you might still need help here in the near future

After listening to the governor, starting Saturday I'll be closed again for at least a month.

LTG : (

#240 3 years ago

I wish I was wrong. Please if anyone can spare some extra cash LTG is going to need it. Sure he can sell games if he has to but it would be nice not to. Plus I'm not sure what would happen if he had no games and no money left by the time he can get back on his feat.

#241 3 years ago

Sorry to hear Lloyd. You wanna help me finish up a Lucky Ace repair before I start a thread? I’ll graciously pay for your time via PP. Win win. Plan on working on it tomorrow after work.

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You wanna help me finish up a Lucky Ace repair before I start a thread?

I'm afraid you'll have to start a thread. I haven't been in an EM in 40 years.

Thank you though !

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm afraid you'll have to start a thread. I haven't been in an EM in 40 years.
Thank you though !

Damn it!! Haha. I’ll throw you a couple bucks via PP either way then.

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

flashinstinct sales came in twice. $221.20 and $404.20. Pinside refunded their fees of $18.20. For a total of $643.60.
People also donated here, on Facebook, stopped by, and bought gift certificates. And an amazing marble. ( see pictures ) and Rick from Planetary Pinball Supply sent a bunch of parts. Before all this I also sold the Bill Paxton pinball machine.
A huge thank you to all for the support and kind words !
Lloyd
[quoted image][quoted image]

Getting gift certs, is that in person only?
Do you have a paypal for donation?

Thanks Llyod!

#245 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Getting gift certs, is that in person only?
Do you have a paypal for donation?
Thanks Llyod!

I can send it to you via PM not sure I can post his info here? Honestly AMAZING how many giving and wonderful people that have reached out for this. Yes, Lloyd is good for pinball but more so he is an Amazing person! Much more then pinball with this guy. How many family grown pinball establishments have survived for almost (soon) 50 Years!!! That itself shows his dedication and commitment alone. God knows pinball is Not a millionaire business plan. Its a plan for the Love of the hobby. Lloyd is a simple humble guy that loves what he and his family created and is willing to sacrifice all he has to to keep it alive. Truly an amazing story to be honest. Just as amazing are those that shared even a kind word or few dollars to help out just to be kind. Really a great thing to see. You are ALL amazing!

#246 3 years ago

Thanks guys, someone pm'd me his pp and I sent over a thank you.

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I can send it to you via PM not sure I can post his info here? Honestly AMAZING how many giving and wonderful people that have reached out for this. Yes, Lloyd is good for pinball but more so he is an Amazing person! Much more then pinball with this guy. How many family grown pinball establishments have survived for almost (soon) 50 Years!!! That itself shows his dedication and commitment alone. God knows pinball is Not a millionaire business plan. Its a plan for the Love of the hobby. Lloyd is a simple humble guy that loves what he and his family created and is willing to sacrifice all he has to to keep it alive. Truly an amazing story to be honest. Just as amazing are those that shared even a kind word or few dollars to help out just to be kind. Really a great thing to see. You are ALL amazing!

Lloyd is awesome.

#248 3 years ago

Well now I'm back reading this and I feel like shit because Lloyd deserves help. So I have created a code for black friday. people will be able to choose to select 35% OFF or pay full price and I will give 40% of the sales to Lloyd. So people can now choose to help. I could perhaps raise another few hundred bucks.

#249 3 years ago

I've slept on it and this was not a good idea so I changed it

LTG / BLACK FRIDAY SALE
*YOU CHOOSE HOW MUCH YOU SAVE AND HOW MUCH YOU GIVE. SALE STARTS NOW!*
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-decals-black-friday-you-choose-how-much-you-save

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

LTG / BLACK FRIDAY SALE
*YOU CHOOSE HOW MUCH YOU SAVE AND HOW MUCH YOU GIVE. SALE STARTS NOW!*
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-decals-black-friday-you-choose-how-much-you-save

Thank you for doing this !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.95
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ltg-help-fund-help-him-out/page/5?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.