IMG_02991_01 (resized).jpg
DSC00239 (resized).JPG
newlights2 (resized).JPG
15887681867478473385726802809227 (resized).jpg
DSC00234 (resized).JPG
LTG (resized).jpg
DSCN6824 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 10.52.11 AM (resized).png
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 3 years ago

Sending some help to the arcade address.

#102 3 years ago

Had a window of opportunity this morning and sent out all orders as of this posting.
I would like to thank everyone who participated. Everyone has amassed over $400US that I will be forwarding to LTG as soon as I get his email. But it's not over, people still have until next Saturday May 16th to purchase decals to go towards this cause. My hope is that we can break the $1000. I will be adding T2 decals to the support list to try and entice more fundraising.

Again Thank you.

Update. Money sent

#103 3 years ago

And received. The support and kind words is overwhelming.

Thank you !
Lloyd

#104 3 years ago

Looking forward to my stickers, thanks.

#105 3 years ago

Geez before this thread all I ever heard about Lloyd is how much he enjoys slapping ice cream cones out of kids hands and kicking puppies.
Good thing for him an ice cream shop is opening next door!

(Hopefully obvious kidding)

In all seriousness Llyod is such a huge asset to this community and has helped me out along with many others without batting an eye.
I'd be happy to help out anytime if you ever need it LTG
Cant wait to see Prada again!
Oh yeah and you too.

I'll take that paypal address as well!

James (or Chase, whatever you call me haha)

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

Geez before this thread all I ever heard about Lloyd is how much he enjoys slapping ice cream cones out of kids hands and kicking puppies.
Good thing for him an ice cream shop is opening next door!
(Hopefully obvious kidding)
In all seriousness Llyod is such a huge asset to this community and has helped me out along with many others without batting an eye.
I'd be happy to help out anytime if you ever need it LTG
Cant wait to see Prada again!
Oh yeah and you too.
I'll take that paypal address as well!
James (or Chase, whatever you call me haha)

Info sent. Very kind and agreed feedback. I really hope that ice cream shop can drive him some new business. Already told him to put up a sign saying come on in with your ice cream and enjoy a game! Couldn’t ask for a better neighbor business. Would even suggest partnering with the neighbor and giving them vouchers for (1) free game with every 5$ ice cream purchase. Like potato chips you can’t play just one is the hope.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I really hope that ice cream shop can drive him some new business.

I hope it does the whole strip malls good. Even the Chinese restaurant was hoping for more food, not an office.

They have Grand Old Creamery ice cream. Which has locations on the east side of Minneapolis. Often voted the best ice cream in Minnesota. They are take out only right now. And have a steady stream of business. And we aren't even in hot weather yet.

So I think it will be a plus for me. ( other than sticky fingers )

LTG : )

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I hope it does the whole strip malls good. Even the Chinese restaurant was hoping for more food, not an office.
They have Grand Old Creamery ice cream. Which has locations on the east side of Minneapolis. Often voted the best ice cream in Minnesota. They are take out only right now. And have a steady stream of business. And we aren't even in hot weather yet.
So I think it will be a plus for me. ( other than sticky fingers )

I’m sure Prada can help with some of those sticky fingers. Lol

#109 3 years ago

Let me tell a little story about Lloyd Olson.....

Back in the R.G.P days (kids, ask your parents), Lloyd was there. and so was I. One day I was sad and had the poor me's because I hit a deer with my car. I vented by posting it on R.G.P. and Lloyd sent me an email stating he'd send me somethign that I can sell and use toward fixing my car. That was a Twilight Zone powerball, which at that time was unobtainium, and selling for over $100 on E-Bay.

I had never met Lloyd, never emailed Lloyd, didn't really know who he was, and he did this. For me. Someone he didn't know.

THAT is Lloyd Olson. When I got a pool table a while back I emailed him to ask where the best place to get supplies would be (I figured he knew some people, LOL). I needed some cues and a set of balls (insert joke here). Lloyd did not tell me where to order from. Instead, he said "Let me see what I have here that I am not using". A week later, I get in the mail a set of brand new, never used Brunswick Centennial billiards balls. No charge, no expectations of repayment.

THAT is Lloyd Olson. A generous, giving person who teaches us all to be better people without even knowing it. Someone who instills goodness and caring. Someone who is humble, kind, friendly, giving, and someone we should all aspire to be more like in my opinion.

I have donated directly to Lloyd not out of pity, but out of respect. I am glad I am in a position to try to help out. It's the least I can do for all that he has done for me, someone he as never met.

Thank you for doing this Flashinstinct. I know Lloyd isn't looking for hand outs but I appreciate that he is getting back some of the love he has extended to others for years.

Chris

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I hit a deer with my car.

I was just thinking about that, way back when.

#111 3 years ago

I hit a deer with my car.

I had to do some digging. 20 years ago this month.

Poor deer.

Thank you my friend for a trip down memory lane and the good old days.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I had to do some digging. 20 years ago this month.
Poor deer.
Thank you my friend for a trip down memory lane and the good old days.

Wasn’t good for the Deer but an awesome story none the less. Lloyd sent me a road apple, I think he was out of pool balls?

#113 3 years ago

Not gunna be the one to post a link to the hobbit thread

#114 3 years ago

I know Lloyd isn't looking for hand outs but I appreciate that he is getting back some of the love he has extended to others for years.

Precisely.

#115 3 years ago

Back in the R.G.P days (kids, ask your parents), Lloyd was there. and so was I.

The good o'l days of R.G.P. boy does that bring up memories from that group. We had the Good (Lloyd) the Bad (Frank) and the Ugly(too many to list) in that place lol however your characterization of Lloyd is spot on. Lloyd had always been one of giving without asking or expecting anything in return.

I know these days are tough for many but if you have something a little extra sitting in a jar please consider helping one who has always helped others. If there is nothing listed that you need to purchase please consider paypal direct as friends and family option, and it's open 24 hours a day too No one is in this alone, we're all in this together.

#116 3 years ago

From my doggie to yours!

20140609_230707 (resized).jpg20140609_230707 (resized).jpgIMG_02991_01 (resized).jpgIMG_02991_01 (resized).jpg
#117 3 years ago

ordered RS decals. happy to help and thank you for the awesome products !!

#118 3 years ago

4 orders in the last 24 hours --- woot woot, let's keep the momentum going. All orders ,until the end of this campaign drive (at least for my part), will be sent May 16th. As previously mentioned, if you don't need anything but want to make a donation you can PM Yelobird or myself to get Lloyd's email to send donations via paypal. Messages on this thread of positivism are also strongly encouraged

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Not gunna be the one to post a link to the hobbit thread

Go ahead.

Be fair, post the start in post 8395 to which I answered 8396, then post 8413 to which I answered in detail on 8418 trying to explain where to find the downloads. Everything went to hell after that. Don't just post where it went to hell. And I still apologized three times trying make amends and keep peace on Pinside.

Lloyd

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from BobSacamano:

From my doggie to yours!

Thank you. You have a great doggie !

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Go ahead.
Be fair, post the start in post 8395 to which I answered 8396, then post 8413 to which I answered in detail on 8418 trying to explain where to find the downloads. Everything went to hell after that. Don't just post where it went to hell. And I still apologized three times trying make amends and keep peace on Pinside.
Lloyd

Yeah it was fucked all the way. And i'm not.

#122 3 years ago

PM me your Paypal info as well Lloyd. Be happy to make a donation..

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

PM me your Paypal info as well Lloyd. Be happy to make a donation..

Very nice of you. PM sent.

Thank you !

#124 3 years ago

Lloyd, please PM your PayPal info. your dog is awesome

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from tandem2:

Lloyd, please PM your PayPal info. your dog is awesome

Will do.

And thank you. Prada misses all her fans and chest rubs.

#126 3 years ago

Donation sent buddy. Buy Prada some treats..

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Donation sent buddy. Buy Prada some treats..

Thank you and will do !

#128 3 years ago

I really don't need any decals, but If someone would send me LTG's PP, I can add a little something. I go way back with RGP too.

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

If someone would send me LTG's PP,

I'll send it.

Quoted from waltrr:

I go way back with RGP too.

Great times my friend !

#130 3 years ago

Sent,
Best of luck to you Lloyd

#131 3 years ago

Who's going to give me my first sale of the day?

#132 3 years ago

Buying a WPT set!

Probably the least I could do here.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Buying a WPT set!
Probably the least I could do here.

First sale of the day. Hopefully not the last.

#134 3 years ago

Only 6 days left from my end...so make it count

#135 3 years ago

Soooo many amazing people in this hobby. I know everyone has different levels of income or life priority but it is sincerely refreshing to see the outpouring of amazing and generous supporters that have reached out. Some simply wanted to share words of encouragement for #LTG others a gesture of support. Lloyd to many is just a stranger in a goofy hobby but they still open their hearts to help. You people are fricken awesome and I know you love and support are going to an Amazing guy I hope someday you will have the privilege of meeting. In my 25 Pin years (that’s 51 dog years) he is without question one of the best this hobby has seen. I offer his private PP to anyone that wish’s to sent even a dollar or simple share a word of support. Vicariously I am honored to see so many helpful people in this group. You are amazing each of you!

#136 3 years ago

Cedar wants your paypal as well.You and Prada are treasures

IMG_4207-1 (resized).JPGIMG_4207-1 (resized).JPG
#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Cedar wants your paypal as well.You and Prada are treasures
[quoted image]

Info sent.

#138 3 years ago

Nearing the $200 mark (wave2). Who's gonna push us over?

#139 3 years ago

What a beautiful dog !

#141 3 years ago

Why only three?

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Why only three?

3 days left for me to offer stickers and that all profits go to LTG. People can donate as much as they want, until they see fit. I guess I should have been more clear on that point.

#143 3 years ago

It looks like I can reopen on May 18th.

I know the months ahead will be tough trying to rebuild my business. And a limit of ten or less people apparently and social distancing.

I'll be doing all I can to keep me and my customers safe.

And I want to send a huge thank you to all who have supported me through this and into the future. Words can't express how grateful I am for all the support and kind words. You'll never know how much this has helped me to keep hope alive and a chance to turn things around.

May you and your loved ones stay safe !

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It looks like I can reopen on May 18th.
I know the months ahead will be tough trying to rebuild my business. And a limit of ten or less people apparently and social distancing.

All dogs should be happy when even one dog chews his leash and gets loose. Go Lloyd, go!

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

All dogs should be happy when even one dog chews his leash and gets loose. Go Lloyd, go!

Prada will be happy when her fans return and the chest rubbing commences !

Pradachest rub (resized).jpgPradachest rub (resized).jpg
#146 3 years ago

The rules for reopening are up. Looks like June 1st for me. Sorry for jumping the gun with the earlier news that made it sound like Monday was it.

#147 3 years ago

(Long’ish and hopefully not too dull)

Just want to weigh in re: how generous LTG is:

I met Lloyd through Pinside. I saw his mug prominently on the Forum page with his Ask Lloyd link and thought, this guy must get hundreds of PM’s a day. Still, when I had a rookie tech question about my game, I fired it over and – lo’ and behold! - he replied within a day. He had some good ideas and said I should feel free to ask him questions when necessary in the future – which I’ve done! I eventually made it over to his arcade and got to meet him in person. That was a trip. There’s a lot to learn over there just by looking around. There’s a framed newspaper article on the wall from thirty-years ago that laments the passing of pinball, despite the dogged efforts from men like Lloyd. You look at that and then look twenty feet to your right and there is Lloyd, still parked in his chair, still presiding over his arcade full of pinballs. It’s, like, the guy doesn’t quit! By now – after many visits to SS! – Lloyd has fielded hundreds of tech questions from me and he has never once told me to take it somewhere else. He’s generous that way. Really, he’s generous in a variety of ways. He even helped me haul a game home from a FedEx terminal twenty minutes out of town and – drumroll, please! - hauled a game back to Minneapolis from Expo for me. How incredible is that! The guy’s a champ! If you’re thinking that ours hasn’t been a fair exchange of generosity, that would be a mistake. I do what I can to support Lloyd, however unconventional it might be. We are friends. I’m looking forward to seeing him again at SS – this time with the lights on and the games turned on. The 50-year anniversary of SS is coming before you know it. It might look a little different with social distancing, but let’s all hope it happens, one way or another.

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

(Long’ish and hopefully not too dull)
Just want to weigh in re: how generous LTG is:
I met Lloyd through Pinside. I saw his mug prominently on the Forum page with his Ask Lloyd link and thought, this guy must get hundreds of PM’s a day. Still, when I had a rookie tech question about my game, I fired it over and – lo’ and behold! - he replied within a day. He had some good ideas and said I should feel free to ask him questions when necessary in the future – which I’ve done! I eventually made it over to his arcade and got to meet him in person. That was a trip. There’s a lot to learn over there just by looking around. There’s a framed newspaper article on the wall from thirty-years ago that laments the passing of pinball, despite the dogged of efforts from men like Lloyd. You look at that and then look twenty feet to your right and there is Lloyd, still parked in his chair, still presiding over his arcade full of pinballs. It’s, like, the guy doesn’t quit! By now – after many visits to SS! – Lloyd has fielded hundreds of tech questions from me and he has never once told me to take it somewhere else. He’s generous that way. Really, he’s generous in a variety of ways. He even helped me haul a game home from a FedEx terminal twenty minutes out of town and – drumroll, please! - hauled a game back to Minneapolis from Expo for me. How incredible is that! The guy’s a champ! If you’re thinking that ours hasn’t been a fair exchange of generosity, that would be a mistake. I do what I can to support Lloyd, however unconventional it might be. We are friends. I’m looking forward to seeing him again at SS – this time with the lights on and the games turned on. The 50-year anniversary of SS is coming before you know it. It might look a little different with social distancing, but let’s all hope it happens, one way or another.

Never a dull story and appreciate you sharing. I suspect there are Hundreds just like this over the years from others. He's seen it all, done it all, and survived to Share it all! I'll share a story on the sneaky but also humor side of Lloyd since we are sharing....lol

A few Expos ago while sharing some "back then" stories he as typical brings up his favorite Punchy the Clown game. I had to ask (thats where it went wrong!) "Why do you love that game so much??" As if he staged this for months says "hold on, let me introduce you to someone!. Sure why not, I always enjoy meeting the faces of pinball. He walks me over to Fred Young and says "Hey Fred, this guy is a huge fan of all your work and voice over for Punchy the Clown!" At that point he walks away with that Lloyd the Great shit eatin grin..... For the next 2 HOURS of Expo I am led around by Fred doing CONTINUOUS voice impressions of EVERY game he ever did. Walking me up to EVERY game in the hall reciting every detail and call out spot on to the game. Ok don't get me wrong Fred is second to LTG one of the nicest people you will EVER meet but holly crap LTG got the last laugh. I will never get those clown call outs out of my head EVER! lol Sneaky bastard.

#149 3 years ago

Last 24 hours to get decals to help LTG out. Shipping orders tomorrow.

#150 3 years ago

Friday night bump. Thank you so much for doing this @flashinstinct! I also appreciate the insight and stories from @Yelobird.

I just placed an order to help a little. Where would we all be without LTG? He's helped me numerous times directly and indirectly, and he has some of the best jokes on the joke thread!

I told my wife the other day that I have a new mission to get to SS sooner than later. If this quarantine has taught me anything it's that I need to do more of the things I've always wanted to do. While it might not be "acceptable" in our current state, I'd like to be able to shake Lloyd's hand and personally thank him for everything he has done for pinball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 284 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ltg-help-fund-help-him-out/page/3?hl=jdissen87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.