Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by joeraptor2003
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

LTG.jpg
167549.jpg
loonapix_13874777373194073170.jpg
lloyd.jpg
ltg_maverick.jpg
dos%20equis%20041913-740.jpg
dos%20equis%20041913.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I want to give a HUGE sincere thank you to my friend LTG.. I was at SS Billiards playing pins with a few friends, we left about 12am. I decided when I went home to install the orange super bands on my LOTR, and adjust the left VUK switch as it was finicky. I broke the damn switch while adjusting it. I then had to take the whole VUK assembly out to replace the switch, at least I had a spare switch. I then realize its soldered and I can't solder worth shit. It is now 115 am and I have my machine apart and I am pissed. I called LTG and met him and he soldered it for me.. What a friend, like I said it was 115 in the morning. THANK YOU LLOYD FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE TO HELP ME. You are an awesome friend.. Well it's all back together and it's time for bed, as I get up at 545!

Not many people left like Lloyd, thanks my friend!

loonapix_13874777373194073170.jpg

#2 5 years ago

I got the chance to go to SS Billiards once on a work trip. Had a great time and found LTG to be a great host! Wish I could go there all the time.

#3 5 years ago

Lloyd is a great guy. He's everybody's Pinball Uncle.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

I want to give a HUGE sincere thank you to my friend LTG.. I as at SS Billiards playing pins with a few friends, we left about 12am. I decided when I went home to install the orange super bands on my LOTR, and adjust the left VUK switch as it was finicky. I broke the damn switch while adjusting it. I then had o take the whole VUK assembly out to replace the switch, at least I had a spare switch. I then realize its soldered and I can't solder worth shit. It is now 115 am and I have my machine apart and I am pissed. I called LTG and met him and he soldered it for me.. What a friend, like I said it was 115 in the morning. THANK YOU LLOYD FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE TO HELP ME. You are an awesome friend.. Well it's all back together and it's time for bed, as I get up at 545!
Not many people left like Lloyd, thanks my friend!

I *still* think he has some nefarious hidden reason for being so helpful all these years. Some kinda master plan. Just can't quite put my finger on it...

#5 5 years ago

LTG is the Yoda of pinball

Great guy, always to the rescue

#6 5 years ago

LTG's pure pinball and human awesomeness seemingly knows no bounds. He's one of the guys I'm sorry I didn't meet just to shake his hand and say 'thanks' at expo....

#7 5 years ago

LTG is the man...has helped me trouble shoot a few things here on Pinside.....He is a guest on the latest Spooky Pinball Podcast.....if you are a fan now....it will go up exponentially after listening to the podcast

#8 5 years ago

When Alexander Bell invented the telephone he had 3 missed calls from LTG.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I *still* think he has some nefarious hidden reason for being so helpful all these years. Some kinda master plan. Just can't quite put my finger on it...

I will tell you it is not money - he has helped so many people. He is a pillar of pinball. I am thankful to have him as a friend!

#10 5 years ago

Hear hear! I don't know the chap aside from veiwing his posts but disregarding all of his help to so many people, he comes across as a dying breed of human kindness.

#11 5 years ago

LTG is awesome...but you can't solder??

Hopefully you watched Lloyd do it? I taught my 14 year old son how to do it 3 years ago It's not hard..

#12 5 years ago

Thanks Lloyd. How about coming over to my place and give me a hand for a few hours. I'll buy the best best pizza you ever tasted for the help.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

LTG is awesome...but you can't solder??
Hopefully you watched Lloyd do it? I taught my 14 year old son how to do it 3 years ago It's not hard..

Well if your son was closer I could have called him I can solder just not very well.. I will stick with what I know and do well and assist others who lack in those areas. I appreciate the help very much

#14 5 years ago

chuck norris looks to LTG for advice before he does anything

#15 5 years ago

I'm still looking forward to sharing a elevator with him just so I can say "thanks".

#16 5 years ago

LTG knows Chuck Norris?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

LTG knows Chuck Norris?

Does he know him ??? ....... The roundhouse kick is Lloyd's invention !!!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

LTG knows Chuck Norris?

Where do you think the column here came from - Chuck kept asking Lloyd questions so Lloyd figured he would use his powers and help the masses also

#19 5 years ago

The only reason we have pinball is because Chuck Norris allows us to.

#20 5 years ago

dos%20equis%20041913.jpg

#21 5 years ago

There can never be enough LTG pictures!

Brad

ltg_maverick.jpg

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

LTG is the Yoda of pinball
Great guy, always to the rescue

I can help you - trust in me and use the force...

lloyd.jpg

#23 5 years ago

Thanks Lloyd. I appreciate all of your time and insights over the years....

#24 5 years ago

Lloyd is a huge asset to this community.. The guy is top shelf!

#25 5 years ago

+1

He's jumped in a couple of my threads offering help as well. A true asset to the pinball community.

#26 5 years ago

Can't wait to visit his place sometime between xmas and new years and leave a few rolls of quarters in the machines. Hopefully he'll be there for an intro.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Can't wait to visit his place sometime between xmas and new years and leave a few rolls of quarters in the machines. Hopefully he'll be there for an intro.

He is always there - if it is open he is there Let me know and I will meet you there.. I live like 1 mile away and we can hit my place and play my Hemi modded AC/DC and my LOTR

Jim

#28 5 years ago

He is always there - if it is open he is there Let me know and I will meet you there.. I live like 1 mile away and we can hit my place and play my Hemi modded AC/DC and my LOTR
Jim

Would love to - I've never seen any of Hemi's work. I'm headed to Hanover to visit inlaws and unless there is a blizzard I'll be doing some sort of pinball escape. Once I know when I'm gonna try to do that I'll let you know.

#29 5 years ago

Lloyd has always been helpful when I stop in or otherwise. I was on a Big Bang Bar kick a few weeks back and one of the targets failed. Lloyd sent me a message the next day saying the target was fixed. Just one of many times Lloyd has lent a hand.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Would love to - I've never seen any of Hemi's work. I'm headed to Hanover to visit inlaws and unless there is a blizzard I'll be doing some sort of pinball escape. Once I know when I'm gonna try to do that I'll let you know.

Sounds good!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Lloyd has always been helpful when I stop in or otherwise. I was on a Big Bang Bar kick a few weeks back and one of the targets failed. Lloyd sent me a message the next day saying the target was fixed. Just one of many times Lloyd has lent a hand.

He also has that Opto you were looking for FYI

#32 5 years ago

I also appreciate Lloyd for his more than helpful attitude. He is much appreciated by all.

#33 5 years ago

This is about as half ass'd as Stern code when a game ships, but I got busy and it's still kinda funny.167549.jpg

#34 5 years ago

Lloyd is the best!

#35 5 years ago

Wow. Thank you for all the kind words.

I hate to get attention.

There are a lot of people here and other places that do their all to help make pinball a little bit better.

And that is why I've always felt honored to be a small part of it.

LTG : )

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wow. Thank you for all the kind words.
I hate to get attention.

I know you do - but I wanted to show appreciation and the masses have spoken - thanks for all you do!!!

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

but I got busy and it's still kinda funny.

That is damn funny. I've got to put it on Facebook to see the comments.

#38 5 years ago

Well if your son was closer I could have called him I can solder just not very well.. I will stick with what I know and do well and assist others who lack in those areas. I appreciate the help very much

But come on. The guys point was fair. Soldering big wires to a switch is way different than board repair.

#39 5 years ago

And to think...this same man also has sold over 120 million albums worldwide. LTG.jpg

Here is to an incredible individual...our LTG!!!

hear hear!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside