Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.56.12 PM (resized).png
    200 (resized).png
    29355077_1610802172321191_3923748015918083357_o (resized).jpg
    10014580_616469855087766_423495651_n (resized).jpg
    12512729_969834246417990_6764519760817878875_n (resized).jpg
    LTG t-shirt (resized).jpg
    436E7567-2EF3-4E75-8BE9-FC14046EC039 (resized).jpeg
    llyodtb (resized).jpg
    monthly_12_2014_thumb-0cfbf433d143f8bc4878721e36c723ed-punchy-the-clown--alvin-g-1993- (resized).png
    E605F9A5-3E6D-4ED7-8FC6-545D412060E7 (resized).jpeg
    46BFA8A6-75F6-426E-846B-F5D4B1CC9672 (resized).jpeg
    There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

Lloyd was one of the few people I made a point to track down and meet at TPF. Super nice and helpful gentleman.

#52 2 years ago

He is "Lloyd the Great" for a reason!

#53 2 years ago

Yeah LTG!

I stopped in for the first time since before the pandemic a little while back, remarked that I walked 10 miles and Lloyd was kind enough to offer me a ride back after closed. Very cool Lloyd, and even though I didn't take you up on it, much appreciated.

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

much appreciated.

My pleasure.

I have on occasion taken people back home or to their hotel.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Thinking of changing PTC to EFL

#55 2 years ago

This thread is nothing but a love fest.
    I had to check twice just to make sure I was still on Pinside.

(Maybe I spend too much time reading the RAZA theads.)

#56 2 years ago

We’ve done this many times and it’s still probably not enough. Cheers to Lloyd, everyone’s favorite Pinsider and deservedly so.

#57 2 years ago

Pinball companies, podcasters and hobbyists come and go but the one positive constant are people like Lloyd.

Great guy. Long live Mr Olson and SS Billiards.

#58 2 years ago

Thank you LTG for sticking with me in my early days trying to understand matrixes. You taught me a lot and hope to thank you in person one day.

#59 2 years ago

Another amazing thing about LTG - He's been helping out online since at least 1993 on rec.games.pinball... probably even earlier than that...so you know it's just who he is! (Which is an amazing person!)

#60 2 years ago
    Quoted from tiesmasc:

He's been helping out online since at least 1993 on rec.games.pinball...

Wow. That got me to thinking. Over 50,000 posts on RGP, and over 42,000 posts on Pinside. Not counting a few other forums and places that have come and gone.

I couldn't even begin to guess emails, PMs from multiple sources, telephone calls, shows, or people stopping in needing help.

Lets talk about the EFL again.

#61 2 years ago

Thank you LTG!!!

#63 2 years ago

OP, are trying to up your UP vote count drastically? This is a good way to go about it.

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

OP, are trying to up your UP vote count drastically? This is a good way to go about it.

Wow. He's at 99 right now.

#65 2 years ago

Absolutely the best! Thank you LTG

#66 2 years ago

Always happy to see LTGs comments helping everyone

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Not at all ... just begun to notice #LTG was in almost every thread doling out tidbits of wisdom..
    Quite the selfless act in reading his reply to the staggering amount of posts ,emails, drop bys that he has had , wish he a had a dollar for everyone!
    Truly remarkable to be so giving now adays!
    After how negative some threads have become I do take some pride in how this developed to be such a positive force from one man's tired less efforts in helping others.
    We all should be so kind!
    Thanks #LTG
    Very inspiring!

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

just begun to notice #LTG was in almost every thread doling out tidbits of wisdom

And he also has some of the best jokes and funny stories here also!

Thanks LTG!

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Lets talk about the EFL again.

EFL ?

#70 2 years ago

Yup. Replaces PTC now.

What's the next CGC pin ? EFL ! What's the next JJP pin ? EFL ! What pin do you want next ? EFL !

Waiting for the EFL gofund me thread as we speak.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Yup. Replaces PTC now.
    Waiting for the EFL gofund me thread as we speak.

Come for the support - stay for the wit and humor : )

#72 2 years ago

Well I can be a nagative asshat sometimes regarding JJP. But also I’m 1 of the first supporters of them out there so a bit love and hate haha

But this has to be said also.

LTG i see you post everywhere I look . In negative topics or positive you always stay you! I wish I had the thick skin you have sometimes and the crazy awsome know how! My hat is off to you and thank you that in this crazy 2021 world there are still people out there like you that stay the same over time.

Again THANK YOU

#73 2 years ago

Thank you Lloyd,
    LTG t-shirt (resized).jpgLTG t-shirt (resized).jpg

#74 2 years ago

You really do need a pay rise .
    Come on Robin , show this man some love .

#75 2 years ago

My Photoshop 'skills' started as a joke back in the day with LTG and RGP. I have no idea why but has continued for 2 decades. I am proud to call him a friend.

10014580_616469855087766_423495651_n (resized).jpg10014580_616469855087766_423495651_n (resized).jpg12512729_969834246417990_6764519760817878875_n (resized).jpg12512729_969834246417990_6764519760817878875_n (resized).jpg29355077_1610802172321191_3923748015918083357_o (resized).jpg29355077_1610802172321191_3923748015918083357_o (resized).jpg
    #76 2 years ago

Lloyd as helped me many many times! True asset to pinball.

#77 2 years ago

I’ll never forget he went out of his way to help me get my Williams Wonderland shipped in from Minnesota. Great guy!

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

And he also has some of the best jokes and funny stories here also!
    Thanks LTG!

My favorite story from LTG is in this thread about Rick......

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whatever-happened-to#post-6288755

#79 2 years ago

I appreciate that you have helped myself , when I had a question about pinball, and all others in this hobby. You have a great sense of humour, and are a great asset to us pinheads. Thanks for being you Lloyd..

#80 2 years ago

LTG is a Pinside gem, that's for sure! His presence here counters all the riff raff (present company included).

#81 2 years ago

I hope to get to meet you in person someday LTG.. thanks for all you do!

#82 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Yup. Replaces PTC now.

What? You don't want Punchy the Clown anymore? I drove 3,000 miles (up hill both ways) in the freezing snow to pick up a good restoration candidate... and I've had this creepy thing in my basement looking at me every single night while I took it apart to clean so that I could create PTCr for you and now you want another game?

Who is going to reimburse me for the PTC giant Color DMD that I engaged a software developer to create for this game? What am I going to do with the 1,000 PTC toppers I commissioned which are even more creepy than the game itself? So I guess the updated code I spent weeks programming is all for nothing?

On the bright side I managed to get 1,000 pre-orders for the PTC limited edition before I even produced it or showed details so I've got that going for me.

200 (resized).png200 (resized).png

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

What? You don't want Punchy the Clown anymore? I drove 3,000 miles (up hill both ways) in the freezing snow to pick up a good restoration candidate... and I've had this creepy thing in my basement looking at me every single night while I took it apart to clean so that I could create PTCr for you and now you want another game?

Who is going to reimburse me for the PTC giant Color DMD that I engaged a software developer to create for this game? What am I going to do with the 1,000 PTC toppers I commissioned which are even more creepy than the game itself? So I guess the updated code I spent weeks programming is all for nothing?

On the bright side I managed to get 1,000 pre-orders for the PTC limited edition before I even produced it or showed details so I've got that going for me.

I most humbly apologize for my change in direction making you a millionaire. And the most famous pinball designer and builder in the history of Rat Pucking.

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

[quoted image]

Time to retheme half of them as EFL and half as PTC. two titles like spooky did with Halloween/ Ultraman

4 months later
    #85 2 years ago

Old thread but the appreciation never ends. Spent an hour on the phone with me on a Sunday to get this JJP back on line again. I do hope JJP and CGC recognize the Huge value and contribution he offers to keeping customers positive. At 85 plus hours per week he's a cheap insurance policy to keep customers happy. I wish you a Very happy holiday and hopefully a positive, healthy and profitable 2022!

Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.56.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-11-08 at 12.56.12 PM (resized).png
    #86 2 years ago

What a surprise. Huge thank you Yelobird !

Glad I could help. Being able to enjoy your game is what pinball is all about.

I hope you and your loved ones have a great holiday too !

#87 2 years ago

Incidentally my internet phone's modem died awhile back. This was the phone I installed just for JJP. The internet phone company changed hands and tech support in a foreign voice kept repeating unplug this for 5 minutes unplug that for 5 minutes. Which has turned into a nightmare ending their service. That phone number is now dead.

My CGC number is still active. And I'm working on a new internet phone for non CGC use.

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Incidentally my internet phone's modem died awhile back. This was the phone I installed just for JJP. The internet phone company changed hands and tech support in a foreign voice kept repeating unplug this for 5 minutes unplug that for 5 minutes. Which has turned into a nightmare ending their service. That phone number is now dead.
    My CGC number is still active. And I'm working on a new internet phone for non CGC use.

Hope you can get it all worked out. While I love JJP they can use all the tech support they can get. Happy holidays Mr Wizard.

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Hope you can get it all worked out. While I love JJP they can use all the tech support they can get.

Not to worry. People haven't had any issues reaching me. 3 other phone numbers. Two email addresses. PM's here and on Facebook. Or just stopping in.

Though the JJP website or phone directory may have the disconnected phone number or no phone number.

7 months later
    #90 1 year ago

A JJP survey showed up in my email today. Anyone that gets one remember to bash them for getting rid of LTG.

#91 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

A JJP survey showed up in my email today. Anyone that gets one remember to bash them for getting rid of LTG.

Please don't bash them. Just put down to get LTG : ) Back.

#92 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Please don't bash them. Just put down to get LTG : ) Back.

Sorry Lloyd - poor choice of wording on my part.
    On things that need improvement I put Hire LTG back and ship games with more complete code.

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ltg-1/page/2?hl=chewiec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.