(Topic ID: 293095)

Lowest Number of Games on a Used Machine?

By GTO

87 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 39 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 86 days ago by Spencer
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4de350223ec5f4a65dd744a81143315d13f5eff7 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210410_202911454 (resized).jpg
received_372379449982725 (resized).jpeg

#1 87 days ago

Reading another thread made me think of this topic. For those of you who, like me, don't have the means to buy all new games, are thrifty, or just prefer to let a game "breathe" for a while to see any potential issues that may come up. What is the lowest number of games played on a machine you've bought second-hand? Not counting ones that you suspect have been reset or tampered with. Maybe also on topic, what is the lowest number of games played that surprised you on an older machine?

I myself bough a Hobbit that had only 72 plays. I can kind of understand the low games, since ball times are so long. Looked brand-new with almost zero dimpling. Which one is your lowest number of games played when bought and which game?

#2 87 days ago

Houdini

Sold it with like 20

#3 87 days ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Houdini
Sold it with like 20

WOW! 4 games played? That is insane!

#4 87 days ago

I bought a simpsons back around 2007ish that had 65 games on it. The game was basically still new/mint, the guy had only owned it a couple months.

#5 87 days ago

TNA / 225 plays / original code / yes.

#6 87 days ago

In 2017 I bought a super nice Tron Pro with tons of mods on it, topper, lit ramps, under cab lighting, you name it and only had 30 plays on it. I purchased form original owner, and he just liked to mod his machines much more than play them. But the thing is he had it set to 10-ball games, so it actually had over 300 balls played in its life. Still that's not much play for a six-year-old game at that point.

#7 86 days ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

In 2017 I bought a super nice Tron Pro with tons of mods on it, topper, lit ramps, under cab lighting, you name it and only had 30 plays on it. I purchased form original owner, and he just liked to mod his machines much more than play them. But the thing is he had it set to 10-ball games, so it actually had over 300 balls played in its life. Still that's not much play for a six-year-old game at that point.

Well at least he’ll DEFINITELY reach wizard mode with 10 balls.

I’ve picked up some games that looked beautiful and probably had low plays but most were Solid State projects so no way of knowing the # of games on it.

#8 86 days ago

The Walking Dead Pro bought in Dec, 2014 with 61 game. The guy didn't want his young kids looking at it.

#9 86 days ago

AC/DC Pro - 21 plays.
I only remember that one because I enjoy blackjack.

#10 86 days ago

My Iron Maiden had 72 plays when I bought it.

#11 86 days ago

Last July I bought a ghostbusters premium that had 27 balls played. The seller had 3 games in his basement and never played one ball on any of them. He said he bought them to decorate the room. All the plays were from the crew that set them up.

#12 86 days ago

Kiss LE last year; OG code, 97 plays

#13 86 days ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Last July I bought a ghostbusters premium that had 27 balls played. The seller had 3 games in his basement and never played one ball on any of them. He said he bought them to decorate the room. All the plays were from the crew that set them up.

Just goes to show some people have way too much disposable income. Unbelievable. Do you remember what were the other two games?

#14 86 days ago

The TMNT that I picked up this year had 27 plays on it IIRC. I am the third owner, which seems sort of insane to me.

#15 86 days ago

I bought a No Good Gofers around 2011 that couldn’t have had more than 100 plays on it. There was no wear on the gophers or on the playfield from the slam ramp. Rubbers were brittle, but clean...shooter lane perfect. I bought it from actor Marty Ingles (the voice of Pac-Man in the 80s cartoon). He had made an arcade room in the house for when the grand children came to visit...and they clearly never bothered with the pin.

#16 86 days ago
Quoted from GTO:

Just goes to show some people have way too much disposable income. Unbelievable. Do you remember what were the other two games?

Sopranos and Revenge from Mars.

They were listed on Facebook market and the pictures weren’t great. He had the ghostbusters listed as a pro. And when I tried to negotiate the price he kept saying it’s the pro it’s the good one, I know what I have. Sure enough I look closer at the picture and it’s a premium. I tried to tell him yes, you have the good one, but it’s not a pro- but he kept insisting his was the pro which is better. I didn’t not argue and immediately rushed to pay the $5000 he was asking.

#17 86 days ago

When I picked up my AC/DC Lucy Vault Edition, I don't think it had 50 plays on it.

LTG : )

#18 86 days ago

My Stern Pirates had 56 plays on it when I got it. The wires for the ship opto had come loose and the guy basically used is as a place to store stuff on after that.

#19 86 days ago

Does an imamaculate Baywatch with only 600 plays count? Oh, it also had no legs.

#20 86 days ago

Bought a LOTR that was 10 years old from a large collection here in Australia. Running original code 720 plays.
Was like a time capsule. Loved his pins but too busy most of the time to play them.

What did he do for a living.

Managed the largest Pinball store in Melbourne for years. I guess he played at work

#21 86 days ago

In 2017 I bought a Hobbit LE with 2 plays on it. It was damaged in shipping when it was delivered to the NIB original owner. He sent it back to the distributer. I expressed interest in purchasing it from the distributer and got the game for 6k. It came with all of the parts that were damaged, rails, glass and a few other small things. The only permanent damage to the machine were a couple of small marks on the back box were it contacted the rails when it was dropped. Game played perfectly.

#22 86 days ago

This is the closest I've come to buying a NIB but essentially felt like getting one. Original code was on it, when I checked, after setting it up at home.

received_372379449982725 (resized).jpeg
#23 86 days ago

woz ecle 67 plays, afmre le 125, star trek le 85

#24 86 days ago

Just sold my AIQ premium. Snapped this pic for the ad and never played it again.
PXL_20210410_202911454 (resized).jpg

#25 86 days ago

I bought my TMNT from a dealer, who said the machine had been traded in for a AIQ. When the pin showed up, it only had 3 games played on it. I find this hard to believe, is there anyway to reset the SPIKE play count?

#26 86 days ago

I bought a Metallica Pro once with only 16 plays on it. The seller was a fan of the band, but not a pin guy. A friend had talked him into getting the game NIB.

#27 86 days ago

My maiden pro had 10 games on it when I bought it.

#28 86 days ago

Bought a POTC for a friend that had 124 plays with original code and bought my LOTR that had 230 plays also original code. The LOTR probably only had 50 real plays since most of the games were from his 5 year old son just hitting the start button over and over again. If you have young kids around you know what I mean. LOL

#29 86 days ago

I have bought and sold many games with less than 75 plays which is insane considering how much these stupid things cost.

#30 86 days ago

Same thing happens with collector cars. My friend had a 1987 Buick GNX with 12 miles on it, all he did was drive it on and off a trailer at car shows. Never driven on the street.

Some people love to look at them, some people like to use them. Do whatever makes you happy

#31 86 days ago

I’m just amazed how little some games get played. I probably put about a hundred plays the first week I bring a game home.

#32 86 days ago

I would bet no game in my collection besides the restored LOTR and Spiderman has more than 200 plays and most are under 100 including my TronLE. Love them just don’t have the time to play them.

#33 86 days ago

That's 3 more than I would have played before I sold that pin.

#34 86 days ago

The least I’ve bought was a couple hundred plays. And I can see how it happens.

My AC/DC only has a couple hundred plays after owning it for about 4 years. And that’s leaving soon. My big problem is that if I have time for a game, I pick what gets played by my mood. So each game only has about a 5% chance of getting played. If I play 1000 games a year, each game will only average 50 plays per year. Except Star Trek, which I consistently play almost every day during lunch.

#35 86 days ago

in 2011, i bought a Lost in Space with 32 plays. It was being sold by a co-writer of the film (yes, more than 1 person is responsible for that atrocity of a film). it was given to him new, as a gift from New Line Cinema. Just sitting turned off in his glass SOHO office, and he was moving. I won't say what I paid, as it'll blow up the Pinside servers, again.

#36 86 days ago
Quoted from jgreene:

I bought a simpsons back around 2007ish that had 65 games on it. The game was basically still new/mint, the guy had only owned it a couple months.

Exact same story here.

Bought my 2007 TSPP in 2007. Had 50 plays on it. Looked like it was never played. Still have that same game.

#37 86 days ago

Baywatch - Only 600 plays in 12 years. Imamaculate condition.

4de350223ec5f4a65dd744a81143315d13f5eff7 (resized).jpg
#38 86 days ago

Bought a 2017 Metallica pro 2 weeks ago with around 850 plays on it. Plays like a dream.

#39 86 days ago

In 2017 picked up a The Rolling Stones LE from 2011 with 91 total plays, it was still on original code so it hadn't been updated and reset the counts.

Phoebe

#40 86 days ago

I wouldn't trust anything but an EM total plays counter for this. On SS games, there is always a way to clear all audits.

#41 86 days ago

I've purchased quite a few machines from others that were under 50 plays..... 2 I purchased had under 20 lol. I basically got a nib for 500-1k cheaper . I'll take these deals anytime over nib and is y I usually wait now.

#42 86 days ago
Quoted from Tuukka:

I wouldn't trust anything but an EM total plays counter for this. On SS games, there is always a way to clear all audits.

You can always tell condition pretty easily if it is legit. I can guarantee the plays on my machines. All bought nib

#43 86 days ago

I got my Woz Ecle with less than 20, I think it was 17 cant remember exactly.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside