Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by DrAzzy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2011-06-30_16-04-42_475.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Hi again. I know there are many here who have excellent knowledge concerning pin maintenance, repair and restoration. With that said, let me tell you how I go about things.

The first thing I have ever even tried to remove from a PF: I dicked it up. lol

Just wanting to let other noobs know they're not alone. I WILL do this. or I will have Pinballer22 come fix all of my errors. Either way. There are other noobs, right?

Sigh

#2 12 years ago

Oh yea Im getting better with each day but me and my wife stripped half of our PF the other day and we ran into a bunch of little problems along the way. I thinks its more a confidence thing as Im always terrified im gonna break something or mess something up by not putting it back the right way lol

#3 12 years ago

Im with ya! I'm going to strip my FH down and take the mylar off, do the touch up on the playfield, then clearcoat it!!!

Have I ever done anything even remotely similar to that??? Nope!

Risky, but fun!

#4 12 years ago

Yea, you just need to do your due diligence and give it a try. Part of learning is making mistakes its par for the course. I get frustrated too but I just try to take it with a grain of salt. It's all a part of the hobby, got to take the good with the bad.

#5 12 years ago

Here it is. I unscrewed the screw too far out of the plastic spacers and it won't go back through the spacers. I am scared of breaking the whole plastic piece. Advice? jeez, what a boob. lol

I am just being uber cautious since this is my first time under the glass...

2011-06-30_16-04-42_475.jpg2011-06-30_16-04-42_475.jpg

#6 12 years ago

It's okay....The game here is to make sure everything is lined up right apply a little pressure and screw that bad boy back in place. Take your time and it should not be a problem.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

It's okay....The game here is to make sure everything is lined up right apply a little pressure and screw that bad boy back in place. Take your time and it should not be a problem.

Agreed, it's ok to remove those screws and replace.

#8 12 years ago

thanks. I grew a pair and took it the rest of the way apart. there was a little plastic "lip" on the initial spacer that wasn't lined up right. the rest of the spacers just slide through.

Good, 1626 more steps and I should have a fully restored HS2...

#9 12 years ago

had the same problem last night. Did just what the dude said a little pressure nd screw it back in SLOWLY like quarter turns at a time

#10 12 years ago

Congrats on delving under the glass. HS2 is the first (and so far only) pin I've fully shopped. You will learn a ton - just make sure to take a lot of pictures!

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from pdxpinduck:

just make sure to take a lot of pictures!

I am. Do you still have yours if I miss an angle??

#12 12 years ago

I'd be surprised if I had deleted them from the hard drive, but it is possible my wife may have by now. Let me know if you run into any trouble - or better yet, just post it and you'll likely have an answer in no time. Good luck!

#13 12 years ago

Dont beat yourself up Gorilla,

I tried to take mylar of yesterday , man or man. It allot fo work and i pull and it ripped only half of it off. Then the freeze air can goes out. I went thru 2 in about 30-45 min. I buy a hair dryer today. It looked like it was snowing on my playfield. So need to restock on beer after work and go back at it.

But only reason i even started is because of everyone here cheering us on!

#14 12 years ago

You're a brave man, Cplus. I had success for a while last night, until I started trying to remove plastic posts. Screw is out of the top. Will they move now, though? Nope... Back at it again in 4 hours....

#15 12 years ago

Gorilla - if I remember correctly, some of those posts may have clips on the underside or need to be removed from the underside. I also think some of them are just stubborn!

#16 12 years ago

I hate those goddamned posts. The "flasher stack" behind the gumball machine on my TZ is not secured. It originally had those snap-together posts (at least based on the instructions indicating you justp ull up on it and it comes out). Apparently the last owner solved the broken snaps by putting a screw down the post, and a nut on the bottom. I was able to, with great difficulty (literally, close to an hour to get 2 nuts off, with everything else in that area of the playfield taken off as much as I could), get the nuts off to remove the flasher stack so I could take out the gumball machine. Only to find out that the apparent gumball machine problem was something else. I had no way to hold the nut while reattaching it (and god, I didn't want to have to do that over again if I ever have to take it off again), so at present, it's just kinda placed there... which actually works just fine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lowest-level-of-expertise-ever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.