• Latest reply 1 year ago by callmedoor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG

#1 1 year ago

Hello again EM techies! I am having a recent issue with the kicker in the lower saucer/outhole on my Aerobatics. It was working fine. I had to adjust some flipper stuff yesterday and now, when the ball goes into the saucer the kicker doesn't fire to shoot the ball back into the playfield.

I checked the resistance on the kicker coil and it is giving me a solid reading and when I trigger the switch I can see the switches making solid contact, but they aren't triggering the outhole up relay at all.

Anybody who can help me decipher the schematics and figure out where there is an issue would be super helpful.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from callmedoor:

I am having a recent issue with the kicker in the lower saucer/outhole on my Aerobatics. It was working fine. I had to adjust some flipper stuff yesterday and now, when the ball goes into the saucer the kicker doesn't fire to shoot the ball back into the playfield.

This is a bit confusing, likely due to translation from Italian, but this seems to be the circuit to check.

Capture (resized).PNG
#3 1 year ago
Quoted from currieddog:

This is a bit confusing, likely due to translation from Italian, but this seems to be the circuit to check.
[quoted image]

Yes! I checked this and it seemed to be squared away in terms of the switches looking good and functioning properly. Here's another brain burner for you. The saucer is kicking again by me just checking some wires and readjusting some things, but now intermittently when the ball drains to the trough it won't register that the ball has drained until I flip one of the flippers.

Any clue what on Earth that could be? I imagine these games have gremlins, but almighty there seem to be a few showing themselves here. I'd be glad to take any pictures to help out just tell me which circuits to get you photos of.

I have a tech coming soon to look at it if I cannot figure it out before then. In the meantime, any advice is appreciated. I hope it isn't one of the steppers that isn't firing, but at this point with the wiring and switches looking good I am having a sneaking suspicion.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside