• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E6B73961-29FF-4D00-B2D5-935371BE6CC1 (resized).png
6003CE45-9DE1-4E91-9CC9-52EB51FD6ED8 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

The lower left flipper will stay energized at times. Then release if I hit the button again or release if I power off
If the upper is not effected would this rule out the transistor?
( I replaced the coil diode, coil stop, sleeve. )
I thought after I replaced the diode ( a day ago )it solved it but no such luck. Could it be one of the giant caps? ( see photo)
Just want to try everything I can before replacing a tip on the board
6003CE45-9DE1-4E91-9CC9-52EB51FD6ED8 (resized).jpeg6003CE45-9DE1-4E91-9CC9-52EB51FD6ED8 (resized).jpeg

#2 4 years ago

Uhhh...what game?

That said, betting eos or flipper board...

#3 4 years ago

It’s sorcerer

#4 4 years ago

The opto flipper board on my dh in the cabinet had lost its elasticity on the black interrupter so it would not bounce back and cause flipper to stay up. So if it’s the same mechanism try and swap the two sides and see if problem follows

#5 4 years ago

For sorcerer it’s a leaf switch in the cabinet, pretty new too. Is there an interrupter with that as well ?
Ty

#6 4 years ago

Yeah prob not I wasn’t sure what sorcerer was working with.

#7 4 years ago

Sorcerer has no transistor. The flipper is powered directly through the leaf switch in the cab. Are you sure it's electrically locking on, and not physically sticking? Try turning off the game while it's stuck o, see if it falls?

What are those big caps connected to? They don't look original...

#8 4 years ago

I missed it too it does say the flipper drops after game shut off

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

I missed it too it does say the flipper drops after game shut off

Oop, yep.

I would disconnect that big cap and see if it affects anything.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Sorcerer has no transistor. The flipper is powered directly through the leaf switch in the cab. Are you sure it's electrically locking on, and not physically sticking? Try turning off the game while it's stuck o, see if it falls?
What are those big caps connected to? They don't look original...

Each of the flippers has one of those big caps connected to the flipper coil..I assumed this was a system 9 setup. I ordered another cap, but I will try disconnecting the cap and see if that makes a difference

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Each of the flippers has one of those big caps connected to the flipper coil..I assumed this was a system 9 setup. I ordered another cap, but I will try disconnecting the cap and see if that makes a difference

Usually the cap on these games is a much smaller one than that. They're just used to prevent arcing on the EOS

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Usually the cap on these games is a much smaller one than that. They're just used to prevent arcing on the EOS

I will disconnect and see.. If thats not it, and If there is not a drive transistor, could it be one of the ceramic caps on the cab switch?

#13 4 years ago

Just found this for reference

E6B73961-29FF-4D00-B2D5-935371BE6CC1 (resized).pngE6B73961-29FF-4D00-B2D5-935371BE6CC1 (resized).png
#14 4 years ago

Ok. So it sounds like that cap is needed perhaps.. I will wait for the new one to come and add that to the coil

thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lower-flipper-stays-energized-upper-fine- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.