Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

InkedSpy Hunter Light Board 3_LI (resized).jpg
Spy Hunter Light Board 3 (resized).jpg
InkedSpy Hunter Light Board 4_LI (resized).jpg
InkedSpy Hunter Light Board 2_LI (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Hello,

I recently replaced all of the playfield lights with LED bulbs on my Bally Spy Hunter. All of the lights have been working great for weeks until the other day when one of them went out.

It's a bulb that is seated into a twist knob thing (not sure the correct term) which is connected to the lower feature lite board. I've tried changing the bulb but no dice. I also moved one of the known working twist knobs with a known working bulb into the spot that I'm having issues with and no dice there either. I cleaned the surface of the contact area around the hole with rubbing alcohol, but it also had no effect.

This leads me to think that there might be a problem with the board or perhaps the connectivity around the hole that the twist knob thing makes contact with.

Has anyone had any experience with these Bally feature lite boards or had a similar issue? Anyone have any ideas on how I might fix this?

I've attached some pictures below.

Thanks!

ATAX

InkedSpy Hunter Light Board 2_LI (resized).jpgInkedSpy Hunter Light Board 2_LI (resized).jpgInkedSpy Hunter Light Board 3_LI (resized).jpgInkedSpy Hunter Light Board 3_LI (resized).jpgInkedSpy Hunter Light Board 4_LI (resized).jpgInkedSpy Hunter Light Board 4_LI (resized).jpgSpy Hunter Light Board 3 (resized).jpgSpy Hunter Light Board 3 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Re-flow the solder on the pin headers on the lamp board.
They might be cracked.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Re-flow the solder on the print headers on the lamp board.
They might be cracked.

Thanks. Do I use a heat gun to do that? If so what temp should I use?

Also is the print head the section of the board where the light twists onto it?

I’m new at this so appreciate the advice!

Thanks,
ATAX

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from ATAX:

Thanks. Do I use a heat gun to do that? If so what temp should I use?

Use a soldering iron. Add a touch of new solder to each joint.

Quoted from ATAX:

Also is the print head the section of the board where the light twists onto it?

Translation typo Inkochnito means pin header, not print header. It's the pin connector on that board where the cable harness connects.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Translation typo Inkochnito means pin header, not print header. It's the pin connector on that board where the cable harness connects.

I've corrected that error. Thanks Quench!

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Use a soldering iron. Add a touch of new solder to each joint.

Translation typo
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"dceda0a94e0d4b4a2b7db87ded29c2b16ad11297-1639930550-1800"};
//]]>

Inkochnito means pin header, not print header. It's the pin connector on that board where the cable harness connects.

Ok I think I got it now. I’ll give that a try. Thanks guys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Potterville, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lower-feature-lite-board-issue-bally-spy-hunter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.