6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by happyhour
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happyhour.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Just picked up a Space shuttle to add to my collection. At the price i picked it up at i figured there would be some issues. After a couple hours I think I have all the parts I need ordered except one.

When i was doing a sound test the system steps through all the basic sounds correctly. When i hit the sound test button on the main board to trigger the voice test the volume is very low. The balance knob on the speech module is turned all the way up, turning it in the opposite direction lowers the faint voice till it goes away. Im not sure what might be wrong. The voice prompts are spread across the eproms on the speech board and U49 on the Main board, making me think the problem lies with the amplifier (maybe).

Just not sure where to start on this one. Since the basic sounds are loud, i would think the amp is fine. The balance knob on he speech board makes me think the two sound sources (basic and voice) are combined on the speech board then sent for amplification. I cant find a schematic on the speech board so any help troubleshooting would be appreciated

#3 6 years ago

I think the pot is ok because i can control the volume of the sound coming from the main board. There are 2 dual op-amps on that board, they were cheep so I am going to replace them. I hope its not the 3417 slope delta module because they are hard to find.

1 week later
#5 6 years ago

the op amp fixed the issue. Not sure what one it was because i replaced both of them. Sound is loud and clear now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider happyhour.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/low-voice-sounds-on-space-shuttle?tu=happyhour and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.