• Latest reply 4 years ago by jlbintn
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20191010_2040098 (resized).jpg
Rockmakers transformer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geertsen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello, I have a Bally rockmakers pin. My voltage readings off the transformer are roughly half of what the schematics state. My bulbs are dim and the flippers are lazy. The transformer appears to be wired 220 volt. This may have been a german machine. Does that make sense the voltage is half wired on 220? Cheers

#5 4 years ago

I have 120 volts on the bottom of the transformer. 28/3.2 volts on the top. It is definitely wired for 220 but it has a us/cdn plug wired on. My Capersville has the same transformer wired for 120. If these are the same transformer, can I wire it 120v like is shows in the schematics? Ive read that these transformers seldom go bad.

#9 4 years ago

I am getting the following values. Between 1/9 121v. 8/10 3.22v. 4/10 32.6v.

IMG_20191010_2040098 (resized).jpgIMG_20191010_2040098 (resized).jpg
#10 4 years ago

I will isolate a few things if I decide to mess with the wiring Rusty

#12 4 years ago

I am thinking that someone had this machine with a euro plug and simply changed it for a cdn/us plug but didnt realize it was wired 220. I checked the language on the coin slot and it was from the netherlands before the euro in 2002. It was stored in california since 1988. I bid on it at auction last year and didnt get it. But I ended up with it anyway last week. Coincidence......I think not

#14 4 years ago

This weekend I will change the wiring and give an update. If I am silent, things probably went nuclear.

#16 4 years ago

I always thought it was strange to bring pins to different countries as well. I would think maybe a military move.

#19 4 years ago

Well I changed it over according to the schematics. It plays like a normal pin now. Lights are bright and flippers are strong. All voltages are within spec. Thanks for the help everyone.

#21 4 years ago

A very rare antique at that

#24 4 years ago

The machine isnt pretty at all. I bought it for parts for my Capersville. It was completely dead. Decided to devote a couple hours to it and it runs really well. Now I dont have the heart to part it out. Just another money pit I guess. Lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Seattle, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geertsen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/low-transformer-voltage?tu=geertsen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.