• Latest reply 4 years ago by jlbintn
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20191010_2040098 (resized).jpg
Rockmakers transformer (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dent00.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

If you do have a machine set up for 220 volts, like in Europe (Germany) or Asia, that could be the case.
A great deal more detail will likely be required to get assistance on exactly what to do here...
I suggest that you start by checking your outlet to make sure that you have good voltage there.
Perhaps it is something simple...
Check this thread for more information on another machine that was converted as you describe...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/changing-a-euro-plug-cord-to-us-not-in-vids-guide#post-5239245

#4 4 years ago

If you determine that your machine is a 220 Volt model that you want to run on a 120 Volt supply, you might be able to purchase a travel converter and operate the machine on your 120 Volt outlet with no modifications.
Something similar to the one on the link below could be a solution.
You would need the step up function...
There are many brands, sizes and varieties of these available, so I not endorsing this particular unit.
This is only meant as an example of what you could use:
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Bright-VC100W-Voltage-Transformer/dp/B000MWAKVU/ref=sr_1_7

#6 4 years ago

If your transformer has a tap on it for 120 volt service, it might be possible.
A schematic above, provided by MarkG could be your answer.
I am not that familiar with your machine, so I am not sure.
Be very careful messing around with these voltage connections and such, as an incorrect connection and wrong voltage application could be dangerous.

#11 4 years ago

If there are plugs to your electronics and such, I would definitely pull all those, just cause you can.
Take some photos before you re-energize, so you can put everything back in order.
Also, if there is an explosion, you can see what you had before it was destroyed.. (Just joking)

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Geertsen:

I am thinking that someone had this machine with a euro plug and simply changed it for a cdn/us plug but didnt realize it was wired 220. I checked the language on the coin slot and it was from the netherlands before the euro in 2002. It was stored in california since 1988. I bid on it at auction last year and didnt get it. But I ended up with it anyway last week. Coincidence......I think not

Perhaps you have good karma...

#15 4 years ago

I wonder how a pinball machine migrates from the Netherlands to California...
Someone must have had a free relocation package and the machine was included in the household goods.
Either that, or someone paid a generous shipping fee and had a grand plan that never materialized.
Just curious...

#18 4 years ago

That pinball machine has travelled more than most people that I know...
Netherlands, California and now Canada...
That's a lot of airline points miles, assuming some was not on a boat.
Too bad it can't talk and tell about it's travels and such.
Probably a lot of stories to tell.

#20 4 years ago

Yeah... I bet you have substantially added to the estimated value of that machine now...
You could probably call it an antique and get some more added to that...

#22 4 years ago

How about a few photos?
I am curious what a machine made in the Netherlands in 1968 looks like after it crossed the ocean and travelled a lot.

#25 4 years ago

What it looks like is not that important. The fact that it was made in 1968 in the Netherlands and it is still in one piece is more significant. And if it works, that is just that much more impressive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Seattle, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dent00.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/low-transformer-voltage?tu=Dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.