View topic image gallery

GOTG01 (resized).jpg
IMG_2487 (resized).JPG
IMG_2488 (resized).PNG
MunsterMadness_15M (resized).JPG
IMG_1717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1718 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I was wondering what's the lowest score I could get, starting the Grand Finale on Theatre of Magic. I had done as low as 700M; but I know I could do better. My goals was sub 500M. It turns out, you can get much lower. I think the only way to beat this score by a significant margin, is to get to the Grand Finale on ball 1 or 2 - the after ball bonus really starts adding up, even at 1x.

I think the key is to start a mode via skill shot, avoid the shots for the mode, advance to Midnight, start multiball, spell Theatre, THEN and only then advance through the illusions (since they accumulate the most bonus points). If you manage to do all of that on ball one (before the extra ball), I think you're probably sub 300M.

Discuss.

IMG_1717 (resized).jpegIMG_1717 (resized).jpegIMG_1718 (resized).jpegIMG_1718 (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

One thing you would have to do is trap up between shots so you don't get the combo millions off the orbit shots to get to Midnight/Theater as they can be repeated quickly when you're dialed into them.

Get to MB but let two balls drain ASAP. Try not to start another one or lock any balls because that's 20M per. Time out Illusions, Midnight Madness and Theater hurryup. Avoid the captive ball and Vanish ball lock.

Don't shoot anything but the orbits, trunk, and spinner loop to lock balls for the main MB mode, run only once. You should not be shooting the ramps for any reason.

2 weeks later
#3 4 years ago

This was NOT intentional. I have only played Munsters a dozen times. I roughly know there are shots around the playfield to start the "modes". So I hit those shots. The thing I DIDN'T do, was hit the stuff I was supposed to hit to score all the points. The last mode I started was Raven multiball. I was about as bad a multiball as possible. I was trying to figure out what I was supposed to shoot, and I ended up triple draining.

So, after ball one, I had Munster Madness lit. Great! But I played this machine enough to know that 15M is NOT a good score. I didn't get a photo of the score AFTER I hit the Munster Madness shot.

MunsterMadness_15M (resized).JPGMunsterMadness_15M (resized).JPG
7 months later
#4 3 years ago

I have another Low Score Wizard Mode Challenge: GOTG Immolation Initiative.

I've attached two images: one is taken right as I started Immolation Initiative; the other is the final score (I tilted to prevent it from continuing to eject balls).

My final score was 69,413,940.

Avoiding the shot multipliers was frustrating - because I'm so accustomed to flipping to switch inlanes to complete them all. Attempting to get low score, I needed to do the opposite. There were a couple of extra shots here and there; but I think this represents a pretty good effort. Also, I think I allowed the bonus to count up after two balls.

I don't know if I can get this below 50M.

Anybody else willing to give it a try?

IMG_2487 (resized).JPGIMG_2487 (resized).JPGIMG_2488 (resized).PNGIMG_2488 (resized).PNG
#5 3 years ago

It's probably possible to get sub 40M while getting to Immolation Initiative.

GOTG01 (resized).jpgGOTG01 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Station, NY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 31.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/low-score-wizard-mode and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.