• Latest reply 6 years ago by GRUMPY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1576 (resized).JPG
IMG_1577 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Occelot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys I was testing the voltage on the CPU of my pinbot trying to diagnose some weird issues and I noticed the voltages were low. I read:

13V at the +18v
9v at the +12V
3v at the +5v

I am expecting a capacitor kit and BR3 for the power supply soon. Do you think this will remedy the problem?

(Further reading if interested

When I turn the machine on the visor and mouth go up and down, but I get no sound. (when there IS sound it almost seems slow?).. (and no buttons work in coin door etc etc

The top two LCDs are out in the display, but when I turn it on, the number 8 appears in the lower right display.. And it almost seems to get brighter and blue. So I shut it off. (see attached photo, the ",n" is what happens when I remove the NVRAM (6116) from U25.)

IMG_1577 (resized).JPGIMG_1577 (resized).JPG

IMG_1576 (resized).JPGIMG_1576 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago

I’m sorry, I think it’s actually BR1. Last time I tried to test the PS sparks were a flying ahaha. Where are the test points on the PS?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Are you getting low readings at the test points on the PS as well? I don't see BR3 but TP4 shows -14.8v, TP3 shows +12.8v.

Forgot to quote you. See above

#6 6 years ago

Maybe I'm crazy, On the Power Supply if BR1 measures 23V at the terminals (DC), TP 3 should measure 23v too right? (or does it get cut in half? Either way, measuring BR1 terms renders 23Vdc, and the next element down the line is TP3 (on PSU). Why would TP3 be reading 9V? It is supposed to be reading 12v. Could this be a bad BR?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Occelot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/low-readings-at-5v-12v-and-18v?tu=Occelot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.