Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by redrock
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    11-14 (resized).jpg
    1-4 (resized).jpg
    8-11 (resized).jpg
    5-8 (resized).jpg
    Match Area Schemaric (resized).jpg
    kp (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-01-26-09-37-22-80 (resized).png
    Final1 (resized).jpg
    Fin 2 (resized).jpg
    With slack (resized).jpg
    With Screw (resized).jpg
    d1669e774b8928c020d3f6268f85ce59c097ae98 (resized).jpg
    Kick Screw (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    Kicker (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago

The ball return kicker problem is fairly common on Gottlieb games. It's usually caused by that oblong hole. It allows the ball to move too much to the right as it launches to the trough. This makes the kicker hit at the wrong angle.

I take a small screw and screw it sideways into the edge of that hole on the right side. It doesn't need to stick out much. Just enough to keep the ball from rolling all the way to the right as it kicks. I top off the screw head with some liquid electrical tape to keep it from scratching the ball. A nylon screw would be even better.

#19 4 years ago

Redrock, that looks pretty close to where mine are. You may have to tweak it in and out a little to get it where you like it. I don't think it made much difference, just so the ball can't roll too far to the right.

If you don't have a nylon screw, this is what I put on top of the screw to protect it from scratching

https://www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bender-07315001126-LTB-400-Electrical/dp/B000FPAN2K

It's like Frank's Red Hot Sauce: "I put that sh*t on everything"

#23 4 years ago

Sorry Redrock, When I said it looked like the right spot, I was looking at tscottn's picture with the red circle. Glad to hear you found the correct location. As to the hitting the trough switch too fast, do you still have the apron removed?

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from redrock:

So what I'm doing is making adjustments to the switch for 1) the gap, 2) the height if the tip, and 3) the angle of the end that hits the ball. This is where an oscilloscope would be great -- if I had one and knew how to use it!
    If I'm missing something let me know as I play with the switch.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm not sure which switch you are referring to. Your pictures show the outhole switch. I don't think adjusting that is going to help you. There is probably a score motor switch that has to be closed when the ball closes the trough switch. Did you check to make sure every switch on motor 1C was gapped correctly. The 3rd switch would be the one I would look at closely. I don't have a schematic but I did find this.

kp (resized).pngkp (resized).png
    #32 4 years ago

You're probably going to need to post a copy of your schematic, so we can see which specific switches you need to look at.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edednedy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/low-kicker-power?tu=edednedy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.