Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by redrock
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    11-14 (resized).jpg
    1-4 (resized).jpg
    8-11 (resized).jpg
    5-8 (resized).jpg
    Match Area Schemaric (resized).jpg
    kp (resized).png
    Screenshot_2020-01-26-09-37-22-80 (resized).png
    Final1 (resized).jpg
    Fin 2 (resized).jpg
    With slack (resized).jpg
    With Screw (resized).jpg
    d1669e774b8928c020d3f6268f85ce59c097ae98 (resized).jpg
    Kick Screw (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).PNG
    Kicker (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgAmpGuy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

I had a similar thing on top card. I cleaned and lubricated the mechanism on the outhole and cleaned and adjusted the score motor switch to make sure there was the maximum duration of a “throw” for the ejector. If you think you have low voltage, I’d check stuff like the slam switches and tilt relay, game over, anything that playfield power goes through.

Dave

1 week later
    #37 4 years ago

You’ve got 2 different problems.

Check out the ball count unit as pointed tscottn. It is involved in ending the game by going to the “6th” ball when the ball hits the outhole switch on ball 5. That timing is what’s going to kill the power to O and everything downstream. Check the state of the 6th position switch when the game is done.

For the ball count not incrementing problem, I’d focus on the score motor switches 1C, 2B, and 4C. These may not be gapped properly, causing incorrect timing.

The sequence is:

1. Ball goes in the hole and closes the ball return switch
    2. The O relay energizes, starting the score motor
    3. The ball return fires through the 4C switch, near the end of the score motor rotation
    4. The score motor switch at 2B opens, causing the O relay to drop out.
    5. The ball passes over the trough switch, relying on the score motor being in the zero position, with 1C and 2B closed, and switches on S, A, E, normally closed.

Hope this helps,

Dave

#39 4 years ago

I have to wonder if your O relay is sticking. I’ve been reading about “relay bias” on here and have seen it in YouTube tutorials. The idea is that the moving switch blades need to put tension on the relay to open it (help the spring). The coil had plenty of strength to close it but when it releases, you’re relying on the spring on the back and the blades themselves to get it open in a short time. Id look into that. I suppose you could have a magnetized armature. I have not run into that yet.

I can take some pictures of the score motor switches on our king pin if necessary.

Keep at it.

Dave

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dgAmpGuy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/low-kicker-power?tu=dgAmpGuy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.