Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DeeGor
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

The music and most of the callouts in my Whirlwind sound just fine, but a few of the callouts are very low and difficult to hear. I took a look at the pinwiki for help in troubleshooting this issue and found a section that talks about this can be an issue if a system 11a CPU board is used in a system 11b game. I confirmed that someone had swapped a system 11a board into this game at some point. The pinwiki also shows the differences in values for resistors and capacitors in the sound section of the CPU board.

Can I simply update the resistors and capacitors on my system 11a CPU board to fix this sound issue? I'm assuming yes, but would like to get confirmation.

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_System_9_-_11#Voice_callouts_are_much_softer_than_music.2Fsound

#2 3 years ago

yes

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for the confirmation. I made the changes this morning and all my callouts are at the same volume level now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/low-callouts-in-whirlwind and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.