Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by vja3
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but this new system appears to cut costs, has better audio, and has the ability to use lcd screens. Oh yeah: built in headphone jacks too!

As an added extra, Stern is targeting a previously untapped market, and will likely show wrestling fans that there's still such a thing as pinball.
    With this particular pin, they are also steering wide of the usual fan layout, and have used a new toy (wrestling ring).

In my opinion, this is a HUGE announcement and is an awesome step forward by the leading maker of pinball machines. I expect this will lead to more innovative and overall higher quality machines moving forward.

Seems to me, they have addressed a lot of concerns/complaints that Pinsiders have echoed for quite some time.

Given their recent announcement regarding their venture into the add-on mod market, I think this is all fantastic news.

Code and the prolonged updating is obviously the biggest issue as always, but if these other improvements are any indication of positive changes at Stern, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hoping that coding gets easier and is completed in less time (a man can dream!).

I'm REALLY disappointed at the overall attitude of Pinsiders. I don't like watching wrestling personally, but I've played some great wrestling video games in the past. You don't have to be a wrestling fan to enjoy the theme. Especially if call-outs are from actual announcers and various wrestlers. (Yet another example of something they've improved upon)

All this, and there are countless posts about how this game is a turd. They haven't even released a decent playfield pic yet (though thanks to a Pinsider, much of it can now be seen) yet so many already "know" that the game won't be fun.

Gee, I wonder why it is that Stern employees don't post on Pinside.
    Maybe because many of you would rather pick up pitchforks and complain, instead of actually getting excited about their new system? I mean, even if you despise the theme and can't get over it, there will be more pins coming down the pipe using the new tech, and that's good for anyone who loves to play the silver ball.

Edit: forgot to point out that if what I hear is true, the LE version sports an lcd screen.
    There's a nice perk over the regular versions for a change!
    *also edited since I said cost was $500 less but was mistaken.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lovin-sterns-new-system-and-the-future?tu=Chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.