image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
all_cars_2.jpg
all_cars_1.jpg
crown_vics_2.jpg
crown_vics_1.jpg
There are 260 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 11 years ago

excellent condition? excellent question...as in documented HUO? guessing here, but maybe $4500-5000+

#152 11 years ago

I'm stoked, I just got a pretty nice Creature last week. It needs cleaning and detailing, but the thing is solid. I'll have to get new rubbers, plastic protectors, LEDs for the ramp, and a Mantis for the snack bar hole (hardly any wear), and I'll probably freeze spray off the factory mylar which is dingy and peeling in 1 spot. The hologram is blueish, but it works.

I can't wait to get this up and running.

#153 11 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

as in documented HUO? guessing here, but maybe $4500

Thanks..so less than HUO...less than $4500

#154 11 years ago

Congrats Rum-Z...my little #86 LED bulbs came in yesterday (for the ramps) from Cointaker. went with the Green and Purple.

@spfxted. I would think so. I would say you could pick up a shopped out nice Creature for less than $4k..

#155 11 years ago

Excellent condition is probably around $4500 so long as excellent means NO pf wear, no broken plastics, cab is awesome, game is playing 100%, game has been gone through and is clean with new rubbers.

Restored can go up from that price obviously.

#156 11 years ago

Thanks burn!
...and why!

#157 11 years ago

The guy I bought this from had the little green LEDs in the ramp and whirlpool of the Creech in his collection, and that looked great. I want to at least do the greens. I think the alternating greens and purples would look great too.

#158 11 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

@ Mr Wizzo...I read something that you shimmed the bowl to get more action from the ball. Any chance there is a link on that procedure?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/creature-bowl-tweaked

I followed his procedure and it worked great. I did buy a spare reed switch that I'll eventually get to put on to replace the regular switch. I've read on RGP that helps a bunch too.

#159 11 years ago

The guy I bought this from had the little green LEDs in the ramp and whirlpool of the Creech in his collection, and that looked great. I want to at least do the greens. I think the alternating greens and purples would look great too.

They do.

DSC02916_zps8a4e9bc5.jpgDSC02916_zps8a4e9bc5.jpg DSC02918_zpsa9f3a2b3.jpgDSC02918_zpsa9f3a2b3.jpg

#160 11 years ago

I finally got my ball into the bowl last week. Funny thing is, I didn't earn it. I hit the ball into the snack bar targets so hard that it ricocheted into a side rail and up onto the metal cross ramp, where it then dribbled into the bowl and swirled around twice before draining. It was quite awesome. The ball did hit the switch but didn't notice anything cool happen.

#161 11 years ago

hey Phetish....I know what you mean being cool getting it into the bowl...

I shot the ramp and didn't realize the diverter was down, and low and behold the ball was rolling down the wires toward the bowl. I was ready to see that ball go whipping around the bowl when I got a total of two hits on the switch before dropping into the hole. I want to shim that to get more action. When you hit the switch, it "counts up" but not sure what it does count up...lol

thanks dmacy for that link...

#162 11 years ago

There's a switch mod for the bowl so it spins in the bowl more. Don't recall the specifics but it basically reduces the friction from the current switch setup. Don't recall if it's an opto or not. Doesn't hurt to level the bowl too..

Brian

#163 11 years ago

There's a switch mod for the bowl so it spins in the bowl more. Don't recall the specifics but it basically reduces the friction from the current switch setup. Don't recall if it's an opto or not. Doesn't hurt to level the bowl too..
Brian

It's a reed switch.

reed_switch.jpgreed_switch.jpg

#164 11 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

It's a reed switch.

More info on this if you've got it......

#165 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

More info on this if you've got it......

Basically a proximity switch. Just remove the existing switch and wire the leads to the reed switch. No diode is necessary. Mount it sideways with the side opposite of the wires facing the bowl and as close as possible without the ball touching it. I used double sided 3m tape.

#166 11 years ago

Can you please post some pics of it installed. I am a visual learner.

Also, does it work well? Do you get more spins?

#167 11 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Basically a proximity switch. Just remove the existing switch and wire the leads to the reed switch. No diode is necessary. Mount it sideways with the side opposite of the wires facing the bowl and as close as possible without the ball touching it. I used double sided 3m tape.

Cool, thanks!

Here's the purchase links for anyone interested:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10293 in stock, $24.95

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SW-20-10293&Category_Code= out of stock (but there's a wait list), $15.

http://www.littleshopofgames.com/switch.html out of stock, $22.95

Looks like Marco is the only option right now.

Brian

#168 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Can you please post some pics of it installed. I am a visual learner.
Also, does it work well? Do you get more spins?

Average of about 2-3 more revolutions compared to the microswitch. Plus I think it is a cleaner look. YMMV

I will try to post a pic tonight if no one beats me to it.

#169 11 years ago

Thanks alveolus. I have the switch to do it so you'll be my motivation. And agree with the cleaner look. That regular Cherry switch looks like an afterthought.

#170 11 years ago

just ordered one from Marco about 10 minutes ago....looking forward to tweeking that bowl and adding that switch.

#171 11 years ago

hope this works

photo[1].JPGphoto[1].JPG

#172 11 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Cool, thanks!
Here's the purchase links for anyone interested:
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10293 in stock, $24.95

FYI only 9 left at Marco. With a little research it appears that may be ALL that are found ANYWHERE... Lots of old threads on the web where Marco has been the only person with them for years. Grab em if you want one.

#173 11 years ago

I'm going to order one also, for the Creech coming on Sunday. I'm joining the owners club with you guys

#174 11 years ago

Can I ask someone who has one of these if they could give me the measurements, plus measure the contact resistance on the wires please.

Much appreciated in advance.

#175 11 years ago

That is sweet, wonder if it could be mounted on the underside of the bowl (high side) but under the sticker so even cleaner again.

#176 11 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

That is sweet, wonder if it could be mounted on the underside of the bowl (high side) but under the sticker so even cleaner again.

Under the sticker is the lamp board, so I doubt it. It might be possible to mount it on the side of the bowl, but I don't think it would be worth it.

#177 11 years ago

Just got mine from Marco yesterday...was up at 5am this morning installing it.

the lead that comes with the switch is not very long, so you will have to remove some of the wire ties and a wire mount under the playfield to extend the existing wire to reach.

Thanks for the photo alveolus. One thing I am having a problem with is the orientation of the switch, (which I really couldn't tell in the picture. It appears the wires are coming out of the back of the switch on the far side of the bowl in the picture)

Wait...I see it now...the bottom of the switch is mounted facing the inside of the bowl and it looks like you just used doubled sided tape to attach....

thanks again for posting that picture

3 weeks later
#178 10 years ago

Hey dudes, finally got around to fabbing and installing my Crown Vic mod. Now I have seen the pink/white Crown Vic that dude sells but I just couldn't justify spending that kinda coin on a toy car with a light in it. Instead, I bought a seagreen and white '55 Crown Vic off of eBay for around $11 shipped. I then removed the bottom to figure out the best way to install the light sockets. I decided to mod some regular spotlight sockets and fit them into the recessed area in the middle of the underside. I marked and drilled 2 holes thru the undercarriage and attached the sockets with tiny 1/2" 3-48 screws, washers and nuts. I then bought a 36" flat piece of 1/2" aluminum to make the mounting bracket. I cut it at about 3.5", drilled holes in both ends and bent it into the shape of a Z. I then wired and soldered both light sockets in tandem, heatshrunk all the wires, drilled a larger hole in the bottom behind where the mounting bracket was to be attached and ran the wires out. I then went to mount the whole assembly onto the playfield. I have seen that most people mount the pink one on the left side of the play field in front of the KISS lane, headlights forward and wires running down behind it. I tried mine there first, but the ramp was in the way and it seemed way too cluttered for me so I decided to mount it on the right. That way I was able to turn the car to a 3/4 view which I think looks cooler. Pics:

DSC03046.JPGDSC03046.JPG DSC03050.JPGDSC03050.JPG DSC03044.JPGDSC03044.JPG

#179 10 years ago

And yes the headlights work:

DSC03052.JPGDSC03052.JPG

In fact, it almost has a Christine vibe with the way the engine block glows from under the hood:

DSC03051.JPGDSC03051.JPG DSC03040.JPGDSC03040.JPG DSC03038.JPGDSC03038.JPG

#180 10 years ago

Great work!!

#181 10 years ago

Damn,,,, That's one sweet Creech...

#182 10 years ago

I cannot wait to add one to my collection!
I love the theme and music.
For now I will just play it on my Ipad.

#183 10 years ago

Love this pinball I changed the PAID lane plastics to the color Teal to match the Snack bar inserts. Added cool white for swirl ramp

100_0033.JPG100_0033.JPG 100_0043.JPG100_0043.JPG

#184 10 years ago

more

100_0042.JPG100_0042.JPG 100_0041.JPG100_0041.JPG

#185 10 years ago

I went purple and green...

IMG_20130511_121104_237.jpgIMG_20130511_121104_237.jpg IMG_20130511_121528_836.jpgIMG_20130511_121528_836.jpg

#186 10 years ago

Damn,,,, That's one sweet Creech...

Thanks fellas. It really turned out cool. Saved myself about $140 or so. Probably do a 57 Chevy on the other side.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#187 10 years ago

Just scored a Creetch today! Happy Dance

#188 10 years ago

Sheesh! Everyone gettin' one but me!

chiller_cigar_club_creature.jpgchiller_cigar_club_creature.jpg

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sheesh! Everyone gettin' one but me!

Creech is a natural fit for you Ted. You must get one.

#190 10 years ago

jumping in on lovin' Creech...here is a pic of the speaker/dmd panel as I was working on it Saturday night...got a few things off the list...fixed the hologram motor, removed all the ramps, installed the DMD panel mod, installed the pop bumper light mod and put about 75% of the playfield LED's in...things are moving along...

creature_dmd_panel.jpgcreature_dmd_panel.jpg

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Creech is a natural fit for you Ted. You must get one.

I'm lookin'....BUT, still have to play it. I was hoping for a visit this past weekend, but got busy (ok, it was busy with the Cigar Group)....maybe this weekend?

#192 10 years ago

Congrats....awesome game!

#193 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm lookin'....BUT, still have to play it. I was hoping for a visit this past weekend, but got busy (ok, it was busy with the Cigar Group)....maybe this weekend?

I should be around. Buzz me any time.

Brian

#194 10 years ago

Hmm, might have to do that to my creech too.

1 week later
#195 10 years ago

Finally finished the Crown Vic mod. I only had one yellow f-ing bright when I made it (that style bulb is the only size that will fit in the car when you install 2 back to back) but no reds or whites. I ordered both colors from Terry and installed them on Friday, just before my party. Once I had them installed and the car back in place, I realized that this mod only looks right and makes sense if the car is facing the back glass/DMD, not the player. Looks more like dude is there to watch the show if you know what I mean.

DSC03077.JPGDSC03077.JPG

Plus, I like the way the tail lights look lit up:

DSC03076.JPGDSC03076.JPG

Even the white walls glow:

DSC03075.JPGDSC03075.JPG

#196 10 years ago

Damm that looks very nice. Congrats! I have been looking for a nice example for awhile now.

#197 10 years ago

Since he was facing that way, I decided to give him something else to watch. I grabbed a translucent Burger King Creetch that I've had in my toy collection since '97 and found a place right in the center of the playfield for him to stand:

DSC03089.JPGDSC03089.JPG

#198 10 years ago

Now, he looked cool, but I needed him to command attention, so I rigged up a socket behind the super jackpot sign and installed a green f-ing bright to light him up:

DSC03100.JPGDSC03100.JPG DSC03094.JPGDSC03094.JPG

And the whole scene:

DSC03101.JPGDSC03101.JPG

#199 10 years ago

Overview:DSC03102-1.JPGDSC03102-1.JPG

#200 10 years ago

With Flash DSC03081.JPGDSC03081.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 40.00
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 260 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lovin-my-creetch/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.