image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
all_cars_2.jpg
all_cars_1.jpg
crown_vics_2.jpg
crown_vics_1.jpg
There are 260 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 11 years ago

So I picked up a Creetch last weekend at MGC. I've wanted one since I entered the hobby, but always heard the naysayers putting it down left and right, which kinda disturbed me. I kept looking at pics online and watching gameplay on YouTube, and wondering what I was missing, cuz it still looked cool to me. Though i ran across one at Lloyd's last year, I refused to play the game til I owned it. I'm used to liking things others don't like, but in this case I was really hoping I was right in my blind faith. Well, now that it's here and I've been able to get acquainted with it, I'm in love. Perfect look and feel, shots are great and I love the music and call outs. The ramps are very clear and awesome looking, especially the large lit one, and i never feel like my view is obscured like i have heard so many times from others. Played several games tonight and was smiling the whole time. The only thing that bothered me was the muddy looking translight, so when I finished my last game, I decided to pull out my LED stash and LED the entire back box. Looks a ton cleaner and just a touch brighter. Overall, I am happy as hell. Creetch for the win.

#2 11 years ago

Congrats, it's a great game, I just had a awesome game yesterday (my highest score yet), though it can be brutal but it is alot of fun and rewarding when you connect the shots. Enjoy

#3 11 years ago

CFTBL is one of my favourites to play and is the best looking game there is. Especially once you've leaded it up. The green LED's in the ramps look excellent.

I moded my back box by sealing up the letters and words where appropriate with black card. Took my ages, but when done, the letters only light when the should and same for words. They already do it a bit white white plastic inside, but it's not very effective.

Does yours have a nice green Holo?

#4 11 years ago

Nice!

It's on my wish list. I doubt I'll ever get one, though.

Stupid prices...

#5 11 years ago

I want a creetch, I love the 50's think I was born to late

#6 11 years ago

Congrats. One of the best looking/sounding pins ever. And getting a SJ is not easy - not done it yet.

Really recommend the speaker panel mod. And the green chase lights. One of my favorites of all time. Goes great next to SS.

#7 11 years ago

Sweet, Welcome to the club...

#8 11 years ago

I have had a few CFLBL and always miss it when I sell, I picked up one last week that I intend to keep how many times have I said that!!) and as well as having the speaker panel led kit the guy had made this drive-in topper for it, quite cool I think, how about you? Sorry the picture's not better!

100_5632.JPG100_5632.JPG

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I have had a few CFLBL and always miss it when I sell, I picked up one last week that I intend to keep how many times have I said that!!) and as well as having the speaker panel led kit the guy had made this drive-in topper for it, quite cool I think, how about you? Sorry the picture's not better!

I love it. Daddy want.

#10 11 years ago

Some pics of my new machine:

DSC02889_zps9078d903.jpgDSC02889_zps9078d903.jpg DSC02883_zps779dea7c.jpgDSC02883_zps779dea7c.jpg DSC02881_zpsd39d8330.jpgDSC02881_zpsd39d8330.jpg DSC02876_zps4ceb6eb8.jpgDSC02876_zps4ceb6eb8.jpg DSC02874_zpsb7e4ea2b.jpgDSC02874_zpsb7e4ea2b.jpg

#11 11 years ago

have you hit the super jackpot on it yet

#12 11 years ago

CFTBL has been in my collection the longest. I bought it a long time ago and never did anything to it but play it.

Last week I put all new ramps on it and LEDs and cleand it all up. It plays so different now that I got the 20 years of dirt off of it and now I can actually see thru the ramps.

My wife will never let me sell it she claims it is her game but she never plays it.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

CFTBL has been in my collection the longest. I bought it a long time ago and never did anything to it but play it.
Last week I put all new ramps on it and LEDs and cleand it all up. It plays so different now that I got the 20 years of dirt off of it and now I can actually see thru the ramps.
My wife will never let me sell it she claims it is her game but she never plays it.

That's hilarious my lady does the same thing to me. She rarely if ever plays it, BUT she actually holds the high score on the machine, and loves to rub it in my face. Plus, Creech was my first machine so by unspoken rule, I guess I'm never supposed to get rid of it.

Congrats on the Creech, it really is an awesome game.

#14 11 years ago

Number one on my wish list!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Very neat.

#16 11 years ago

Good post "Phetishboy", congrats on picking a nice one up. I have been wanting one as well and still looking a good one at a decent price. Maybe one day soon.

Question: Does the game get repetitive after a while? Does the game keep going and get deeper and deeper?

Glad to hear that the ramps don't bother you or obstruct the view, I was worried about that as well with all the chatter out there.

#17 11 years ago

One of my top 5 favorite pins

#18 11 years ago

Congrats. I love mine. Grab a green DMD.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Awesome. I wish they had purple.

#20 11 years ago

It's the machine I miss the most, hoping to fix that soon.

#21 11 years ago

Great looking machine. Now that the have repro halo's I might just have to get one! (and as you said...it would look good next to a Scared Stiff!)

#22 11 years ago

Nice looking machine, enjoy

It's my 3yr olds daughters favorite and never wants it to be sold, not that I would as I love it.

#23 11 years ago

On the DMD - is that just a green screen cover?

#24 11 years ago

I don't get the hate for Creech, its an amazing pin. I played one in atlanta pinball league last year and went on a mission to obtain one.

Swapped BSD plus 300 for NGG, then swapped NGG for Creech. Love it, never leaving our collection.

I will do a playfield swap eventually, anyone know if repro playfields will ever be available again??

creech2.jpgcreech2.jpg

#25 11 years ago

Love the theme and I also think it's one of the best looking machines ever made. I DID have trouble seeing the ball sometimes though. I haven't played in quite a while and hope there will be one at Allentown..

CREATFy.gifCREATFy.gif

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Love the theme and I also think it's one of the best looking machines ever made. I DID have trouble seeing the ball sometimes though. I haven't played in quite a while and hope there will be one at Allentown..

I have got crystal clear new ramps and can see ball at all times, although hitting the right ramp is so fast, I have trouble seeing it

The first creech I played I had trouble seeing it but not sure why.

#28 11 years ago

Looking forward to updating my opinion.

#29 11 years ago

Thanks "kevinleedrum" for the link on the DMD's. I did not know they were available.

#30 11 years ago

CFTBL is a great game. My in-laws own one and it's always the first pin I play when visiting at their place. One day I'm going to break down and purchase my own machine. Congrats on your new pin.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I have a green DMD too and also highly recommend it.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Quoted from molspin:

That's hilarious my lady does the same thing to me. She rarely if ever plays it, BUT she actually holds the high score on the machine, and loves to rub it in my face. Plus, Creech was my first machine so by unspoken rule, I guess I'm never supposed to get rid of it.
Congrats on the Creech, it really is an awesome game.

My wife says the same thing it is her machine.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from PinPlayer2:

On the DMD - is that just a green screen cover?

Its actually a green/yellow DMD from XPiN. I think 239.00 but i needed a DMD in another pin anyway so it wasnt that big of a deal.

#34 11 years ago

I lit my pop bumpers and put an LED strip in the back over paid...

creature_UV2.pngcreature_UV2.png

#35 11 years ago

I should say UV LED

#36 11 years ago

Loving my new Creech too. Shopped, powder coated, lit up the pops and changed to teal. Still playing around with lighting. Had all led, then back to bulbs, then I saw another Creech really well lit with led... So I may try again. Just worried about getting flicker during all the cool lighting effects.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I should say UV LED

How does the UV led look in person since theres no UV ink? I thought you had to have something Inked in UV for it to react? Learn something new every day.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

So I picked up a Creetch last weekend at MGC.

there was a Creetch at MGC? I completely missed it!

Congrats on a great game!

#39 11 years ago

How does the UV led look in person since theres no UV ink? I thought you had to have something Inked in UV for it to react? Learn something new every day.

The back wall art will fluoresce.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

there was a Creetch at MGC? I completely missed it!

Sort of.... from my truck to his trailer.

#41 11 years ago

I'm staring at Creature right now from across the room, when I should be working. It's really a work of art. Even the light animation in the backglass is done so well.

Can't decide between the different video options or the hologram. Not planning to sell, but i wonder what the more desirable option will be in the future...

#42 11 years ago

I say both...The machine should have the hologram,but the screen is such a great mod.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I lit my pop bumpers and put an LED strip in the back over paid...

Looks cool, which one did you use?

#44 11 years ago

Played this beaut a ton over the weekend. What a great pin. Glad I finally got one. Can't believe anyone could hate this game.

#45 11 years ago

Sweet, man! Sorry I'm late to the party. Don't know how I missed this. Congrats, dude! Creature is an outstanding game. The ruleset is incredibly simple, but the theme, artwork, music, animations, and satisfying shots pull me right in. I wish I still had mine, and it's one that I would absolutely own again if the right opportunity were to come up. I put some fake moss and vines around the legs of mine and I thought it looked pretty gnarly.

Yours looks very nice. Enjoy it!

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Sweet, man! Sorry I'm late to the party. Don't know how I missed this. Congrats, dude! Creature is an outstanding game. The ruleset is incredibly simple, but the theme, artwork, music, animations, and satisfying shots pull me right in. I wish I still had mine, and it's one that I would absolutely own again if the right opportunity were to come up. I put some fake moss and vines around the legs of mine and I thought it looked pretty gnarly.
Yours looks very nice. Enjoy it!

Preciate it man. I'd like to show you my gratitude in song, if I may:

Hello David, nice to see you, it's-been-a-long-time. You're just as lovely as you used to be.

Your friend,

Conway Phetty

#47 11 years ago

Great game, I hope to add a nice one to my collection again someday! Especially since the Holograms are being re-run!

#48 11 years ago

Gillman very happy! Everybody loves me!

th-1.jpegth-1.jpeg

#49 11 years ago

CFTBL was my first pin... Got me hooked on owning my own games. lots of fun. Really cool video modes, too... Congrats!!!! I would never part with mine

#50 11 years ago

+1 on creech being a beautiful pin!

IMG_00000120.jpgIMG_00000120.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 24.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 260 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lovin-my-creetch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.