(Topic ID: 109522)

Love the "new member warning" in the marketplace!

By NJGecko

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pezpunk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

I PM'd this person mentioned in this thread and specifically mentioned I would be a cash-only purchaser and needed the phone number to talk over stuff. I received a PM back with an email address and was told the pins would ship from Delaware even though the person shows up as being in Georgia. Of course he asked for my email which I did not supply.

The 'seller' has no forum posts and was a little miffed when I said that I would consider reporting him if I did not receive a phone number and explanation. Well, surprise-surprise, nothing in return. My scam-o-meter was pretty high when I first saw the ad. How can we get this account looked into and possibly banned?

I'd hate to think someone might fall for this stuff.

#13 9 years ago

I like the idea of 'report'. At least that way mods can look into the situation and make a judgement call. As is stands now, I'm not exactly how to report the current listing. It is certainly a scam. I called the guy out on it and he got pretty testy but then he never emailed me back once I told him I would not give him my email address.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/love-the-new-member-warning-in-the-marketplace?tu=volunteerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.