5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by fisherdaman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191204_190307 (resized).jpg
    20191204_190302 (resized).jpg

#1 5 months ago

Set a machine for the kids to play at youth group tonight. My daughter goes to Wednesday night group at our church so I offered a loaner for them. There was a line before I could finish setting it up. Was nice seeing kids enjoy some pinball.

20191204_190302 (resized).jpg20191204_190307 (resized).jpg
    #2 5 months ago

It's new and novel. In a couple of weeks take the same picture and see if there is anyone around. I could be wrong and might be surprised, I'm just going by my own personal observations about kids, including my own. It is fun to see the little ones excitement light up when they see them the first time.

#3 5 months ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I could be wrong and might be surprised

Ur not wrong and u won't be suprised. people love to play my pins but not a one young or old go out to play on site or have a desire to purchase. This is nice but not gonna happen. Pinball dies with us. Plain and simple.

#4 5 months ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

It's new and novel. In a couple of weeks take the same picture and see if there is anyone around. I could be wrong and might be surprised, I'm just going by my own personal observations about kids, including my own. It is fun to see the little ones excitement light up when they see them the first time.

I'd set the high scores super low and ensure they know how to enter their initials. That might keep them playing.

#5 5 months ago

Pinball "died" in the 90's, it's 2019. What makes the people playing now different than the people who will find pinball in 20 years? If anything, with our increasingly digital society, it could help pinball as tactile will feel more and more new and different.

Quoted from Hazoff:

Pinball dies with us. Plain and simple.

#6 5 months ago

Well these kids only come once a week. There were more than 50 kids there. When I picked my daughter up 2 hours later there was still a line and 2 kids asked how much one costs. When I told him he was upset cause he couldn't get one for his house. They asked if they make smaller ones. Lol. They may get tired of it, but that has not been the case with the air hockey table and foosball that are there. If they do, it will likely be the adults lined up. Things are a little different up here. Most of these kids are home schooled and still do outdoor stuff.

#7 5 months ago

out door stuff! tell um to be careful..i heard tell they might learn something out there..

#8 5 months ago

Great pin for kids to learn on! My younger cousins love my F14 tomcat and cant get enough of the flashing lights, sounds, etc. Pinball isn't just an old guy thing, it will live on and on and on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.50
    $ 199.99
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Electronics
    TheDudeMods
    $ 63.50
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 132.00
    $ 109.99
    $ 47.00
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 399.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Bent Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 78.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside