image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
image_(resized).png
fuse_breaker_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 7 years ago

Hi guys, i wanna share my love to Embryon with you

Well i ignorred classics for many years.
Tryed popular DMD pins, and enjoyed them.

Until one day i tryed Embryon at my friends place, he explaned the ruleset, and OMG i was in love.

Love the ruleset, callouts, sounds, music, multiball mode, left mini playfield area, hell right miniplayfield area, how many different modes to get extraball, widebody i mean the list is looooong.

Searched for Embryon for long time after, none for sale!!!!

In one year i got offerd one from other contry for around 4500usd and it was so worn, i mean it was dead.

I finally found thisone, did the import. Worked on it for half year now, tweaked, new parts and so on.

Played the hell out of it, bought two new pins since, but Embryon stod the test of time. I stil REALLY love this pin and have got the Bally fewer.

Still like DMD pins for sure, but love Ballys from 1980-82. They need background noise. Games like paragon, kiss and playboy got great layout and gameplay but not as sexy playing like the newer ones with sexy soundboard.

Uploading few pics of my Embryon.

Playfield is clearcoated, new plastiq, rubber and alot of love and care

If you like classic pins, please try out Embryon in a darkroom with max volume.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

Nice,I'd certainly have one if the chance came along.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks.
They are not easy to find in nice condition.
Not many was produced.
But hope you soon get one, great game

#4 7 years ago

Also a tech question.
Whole game got new bulbs. Once a week 20amp fuse blows to gi.
All bulbs in backbox are pulled out, put few leds.
Now i have no fuse problem.

Why does the 20amp gi fuse blow? It is built to play with normal bulbs. Whats whong, what part should i replace?

Mpu boars is new allyeck

#5 7 years ago

A friend had one and sold it to a guy that restores pins ...
I must say that is one nice Embryon ..

I was looking forward to playing one and now maybe one day ....

#6 7 years ago

Maby you could buy the restored one back?

Dont know if new playfields are awalible for embryon.

My pins pf is blessed, i really love the alien artwork.

The build up and release of multi-ball is epic

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Also a tech question.
Whole game got new bulbs. Once a week 20amp fuse blows to gi.
All bulbs in backbox are pulled out, put few leds.
Now i have no fuse problem.
Why does the 20amp gi fuse blow? It is built to play with normal bulbs. Whats whong, what part should i replace?
Mpu boars is new allyeck

Don't use LEDs and you won't blow fuses.That games should be straight up incandescent.
Nice job recognizing a great pin.You got good pinball taste.I always loved the "vagina" in the middle of the play field.
Captured balls indeed.

#8 7 years ago

With full normal bulbs. If blows fuse once a week.

I have taken allmost all new bulbs out of backbox and put in few leds and now the problem is gone.

I only use brand new parts.

I just want to light my backbox fully up again, dont know whats cousing the fuse problem.

Oh also, when fully loaded with normal bulbs, the fuse gets melting hot, fuse holder is little burned at connetors.

Now with few leds in backbox, no problems anymore also when played for one hour the fuse still aint getting hot

Ohhh yeahh great vagina shot, exept when STDM!

#9 7 years ago

Love late 70s early 80s Bally solid states

#10 7 years ago

Love mine also. The dangerous double captive ball is so much fun to hit. If more people got to play nice embryon it would be rated much higher. Lots to do, lots of shots, cool sounds and weird art.

EMBRYON ACTIVATE!!!

#11 7 years ago

Lets see some pics please

FINALE STAGE

#12 7 years ago

I'm in the same camp -- only 80's game I own. Love the art and can't believe that it was approved for manufacturing with the vajayjay smack center on the playfield.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Lets see some pics please
FINALE STAGE

Here you go. Touched up and cleared playfield, custom topper, original translite, newly stenciled with blue legs.

IMG_20160515_073732039_(resized).jpgIMG_20160515_073732039_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160515_073744281_(resized).jpgIMG_20160515_073744281_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160515_073749755_(resized).jpgIMG_20160515_073749755_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160515_073754801_(resized).jpgIMG_20160515_073754801_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160515_073759806_(resized).jpgIMG_20160515_073759806_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160515_073813819_(resized).jpgIMG_20160515_073813819_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160515_073819451_(resized).jpgIMG_20160515_073819451_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160515_073829415_(resized).jpgIMG_20160515_073829415_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160515_073855764_(resized).jpgIMG_20160515_073855764_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160515_073903882_(resized).jpgIMG_20160515_073903882_(resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

Thats one sexy pin

Nice all the way.

Love the topper!!

Cabinet and legs look awesome.

Think you are in this club too, love Embryon

Nice pics man, hope you enjoy your pin.

Only for my own prefrences, your flipperbats stands alittle low, other then that, perfect pin.

#15 7 years ago

I have heard back backglas comes in purple, verymuch purple and blue.

My BG is blue.

Any one got production numbers on these 3 different models?

#16 7 years ago

Yeah. Embryon rocks. My first pin & it is not leaving. Bought mine in 2010 for $300 not working, read Clay's guide & fixed it easily.
1975 to 1981 Bally pins are great. Working on an Old Chicago EM now.

#17 7 years ago

Your pics makes me consider painting my cabinet too.
My cab is original(2 more pics)

#18 7 years ago

Dasvis, that was a nice-price

Lets see some pics.

This thread is all about love for the Embryon

#19 7 years ago

I really like Embryon but although my wife is very patient and supportive of my Pinball hobby she put her foot down on this one. She absolutely hates the art to the point she won't let it in the house.

I still keep it on my wish list however....

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

With full normal bulbs. If blows fuse once a week.
I have taken allmost all new bulbs out of backbox and put in few leds and now the problem is gone.
I only use brand new parts.
I just want to light my backbox fully up again, dont know whats cousing the fuse problem.
Oh also, when fully loaded with normal bulbs, the fuse gets melting hot, fuse holder is little burned at connetors.
Now with few leds in backbox, no problems anymore also when played for one hour the fuse still aint getting hot

Replace your fuse holder, if the contacts are dark, it will run hot.

Next make a Fuse Breaker. Your going to need it for troubleshooting.

fuse_breaker_(resized).jpgfuse_breaker_(resized).jpg

Now "divide and conquer", separate your GI lines until you have disconnected the one that blows your breaker.

Then narrow it down to the socket or staple that is shorting out the GI.

#21 7 years ago

Embryon is a fantastic. Looking machine and it's bizarro theme has always made me want one.

I will say I played one a dozen times during the Magfest tournament and while it was kinda fun... The rules simply seem to make no sense at all.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

I really like Embryon but although my wife is very patient and supportive of my Pinball hobby she put her foot down on this one. She absolutely hates the art to the point she won't let it in the house.
I still keep it on my wish list however....

You have to try with some flowers and alot of chokolate
In the end, its an Embryon we are talking about

#23 7 years ago

Vid1900.
It does not get hot anymore, after i tool all out of backbox, but fuseholders legs are dark yes. A teory: many years ago fuseholder melted, maby becouse of old bulbs, and now becouse of old meltdown it can give trouble with new bulbs??
If so ill order new holder right away

#24 7 years ago

Crazylevi, rules are awesome.... Every ball you shoot, you can deside many different strtigies.

Right top soucer lights 3 rolovers at first, and then the spinner, spinner scores 10 and 1000 when lit. Spinner shot leads to left mini pf area, this leads to major bonus build up, also multiplier build up and special/extra ball, great fun, but pretty hard. My pin is on hard setup and resets everything for every loft ball.

Another one is upper right targets, so much fun to bash them diwn with upper right flipper and collect digferent bonuses, awesome.

Middle captive ball gives huge points after bashing dropdown target and leads to multiplyer bonus.

Middle left caprive ball behind 3 dropdown targets can lead to extraball, really hard.

Dont let me gettin started on the egg in the middle, its just awesome. 4 popbumpers are strong on my pin with slingshots, ball flyes around, sometimes i get alot of free points without flippin flippers, but by just simple nudging the game at right time.

Just try this pin again

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Embryon is a fantastic. Looking machine and it's bizarro theme has always made me want one.
I will say I played one a dozen times during the Magfest tournament and while it was kinda fun... The rules simply seem to make no sense at all.

Top right area awards different things depending on what is lit. Could be Embryon letters, extra ball, special, bonus, etc. When you complete the drops you get whatever is lit.
Right lower drop and captive ball awards points based on what is lit on the insert
Center area has 4 targets and the double captive ball. Captive ball hits that are strong enough to force the captive ball to hit the target behind it light one of the 4 targets. Once all 4 targets are lit all future captive ball hits award an embryon letter.
Far left lower drops and captive ball award lit reward when completed.
Upper left area has a spinner and 3 roll overs. Complete the 1 and 2 roll over to light the center roll over to collect the lit award. I believe it is 10K, then 20K on the 2nd complete ion, then extra ball, then special.
Multiball is started by spelling embryon, locking in the upper right saucer, then completing the lower right drop and captive ball.
Upper right saucer lights the star roll overs on the playfield when made.
Right outlane flipper save is activated by spelling A and B

That is most of the game. The multiball is fun to try to get but is not really were the point are. Most points are made in the upper left and upper right areas. The center captive balls are drain magnets.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Vid1900.
It does not get hot anymore, after i tool all out of backbox, but fuseholders legs are dark yes. A teory: many years ago fuseholder melted, maby becouse of old bulbs, and now becouse of old meltdown it can give trouble with new bulbs??
If so ill order new holder right away

If the fuse holder ever got so hot it became dark, it probably has lost most of it's tension.

Replace it, and then start looking for your bad socket or staple.

#27 7 years ago

Thanks vid1900. You are genius as allways

Quoted from jgentry:Top right area awards different things depending on what is lit. Could be Embryon letters, extra ball, special, bonus, etc. When you complete the drops you get whatever is lit.
Right lower drop and captive ball awards points based on what is lit on the insert
Center area has 4 targets and the double captive ball. Captive ball hits that are strong enough to force the captive ball to hit the target behind it light one of the 4 targets. Once all 4 targets are lit all future captive ball hits award an embryon letter.
Far left lower drops and captive ball award lit reward when completed.
Upper left area has a spinner and 3 roll overs. Complete the 1 and 2 roll over to light the center roll over to collect the lit award. I believe it is 10K, then 20K on the 2nd complete ion, then extra ball, then special.
Multiball is started by spelling embryon, locking in the upper right saucer, then completing the lower right drop and captive ball.
Upper right saucer lights the star roll overs on the playfield when made.
Right outlane flipper save is activated by spelling A and B
That is most of the game. The multiball is fun to try to get but is not really were the point are. Most points are made in the upper left and upper right areas. The center captive balls are drain magnets.

Perfect. This is what i would wtite if my english was better

#28 7 years ago

And guys guys guys..... My Bally fewer is so hot at the moment. Look what i bought, it will come home hopefully next week.

Same owner for crazy many years.

Tells me mylar on whole pf. Should bereally nice condition on pf
Playes perfect.
BG has wear at bottom

Should be overall on great condition.

All original. Needs cleaning. New rubber but playes well as is.

Pics.... Before, hope to update when cleaned up....

Classic Bally, hell yeah

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#29 7 years ago

Im first fathom.

Display player 4 is out

Need new backglass

Looks like soucer at right side has no wear, but paint around all 3 dropdown targets is gone, (pic one) bare wood.

Shooter lane does not look to have deep wear spot.

Hope no acid damadge

Looking forward to this project

#30 7 years ago

I've got a fever, and the only cure is more Bally...

#31 7 years ago

My Classic collection last year!

IMG_4264_(resized).jpgIMG_4264_(resized).jpg

#32 7 years ago

It's hard to beat the early 80s Bally machines. Congrats.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

It's hard to beat the early 80s Bally machines. Congrats.

I am currentley reading your fathom restoration. Omg. Looks crazy. That one is better then new.

Congratz with it Mike

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

My Classic collection last year!

Thats a kickass collection. Are they in prestine condition too??

I also tryed EBD thats an awesome pin!!!!

Also anybody got love for Electra?? Love that pin too.

#35 7 years ago

Nice pickup on the Fathom DEN. I have one right next to EMBRYON. Currently my only game set on 5 ball and I still suck at it

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Nice pickup on the Fathom DEN. I have one right next to EMBRYON. Currently my only game set on 5 ball and I still suck at it

I'm happy when I can break 1MM

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I'm happy when I can break 1MM

I'm happy when I can do that on 5 ball. That left orbit is one of the best shots in pinball though. Feels so awesome when you hit it.

#38 7 years ago

Guys, lets get some nice pictures here

#39 7 years ago

Ive been told, the inserts are now srunken, but lools like mylar is off at inserts.

Is it a good idea to use freezespray and pull off mylar, ive done it on a TZ with ease, but how is it on these old pfs?

#40 7 years ago

A classic Bally is super dangerous to remove the Mylar.

I would not make a valuable Fathom my first Bally removal, that's for sure.

#41 7 years ago

I have been told freezspray is bad on classic pins.

Heatgun and then glue remover should doo the trick.

Or is there any other way to make that mylar shine? The pf looks fine on pics, mylar looke doll

#42 7 years ago

Bally fewerrrrrr, look what i just bought.
Pf looks nice.
Hope the game works when i recieve it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 7.50
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,099.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/love-my-embryon-bally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.