Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Ok, I can not stop playing indy 500. Its the one go to machine i have. I love the shots, the rules and the modes. What is a similar game rules and shot wise that compares? I dont get to play much in the wild, so usually the only chance I get is when I purchase one after numerous hours of research and video watching. To me indy is so far under rated as it has some of the best callouts and modes of any game I have owned. A couple of the modes are duds, but all are completely different from each other. Im waiting for my white water to arrive and hoping it will compare as both are Nordman pins. I almost pulled the trigger on a corvette, and may still do so, but waiting to her from the community as what their thoughts are!

#2 3 years ago

White water is an awesome game! I love Indy 500, wh2o, potc, ss, and eatpm that Dennis designed!

#3 3 years ago

I love my Indy 500, so I know what you mean. I really like my Mustang pro & ST pro.

#4 3 years ago

Big D you need to have a muhfckin PARTY !!! What's the hold up Corn-Hoolio ??!!
NYE at Big D's !
Let's take a poll !

#5 3 years ago

I was gonna recommend corvette. I didn't like i500 much, but I've put more time in and I enjoy it as well. To me WH2O is Nordman's finest work

#6 3 years ago

I 500 is a awesome game. I love mine. Supper fast !!! You cant be tired it will beat you.I find that shots from the left flipper are tough er than the right. I love Getaway to it is just as fast as I 500.

#7 3 years ago

Wh20, Shadow & Indy 500 have similar feel related to MB. Center shot on Wh20 & Shadow and left ramp on Indy 500 for jackpot setup. Love all 3 of these games.

#8 3 years ago

Corvette or NASCAR.
Corvette is better.

#9 3 years ago

Party
Party
Party.

#10 3 years ago

Typo.
PARTY.

#11 3 years ago

I've never thought about this before. I've owned my I500 for 3 years now and it probably won't ever go anywhere. Car theme wise Corvette is probably my second favorite with Getaway a close third. They really don't play or shoot anything like I500 though. Shadow really does have a similar layout and game wise it has a bunch of modes and a few multiballs like I500. Shadow is probably my favorite all time. It also plays really fast. Get One!

#12 3 years ago

well, so simple, but if you wanna a pin with similar shots, go for EATPM...

#13 3 years ago

I haven't had a chance to play I500 yet, but from photos, it looks like getaway would have a very similar shot layout. Though the depth of game play isn't there.

I500 and a Nascar are the next ones I want to continue with my car/racing theme collection.

#14 3 years ago

While the shots are not all the similar The Getaway and The Shadow have a very similar feel to me. I would say TS is closest because both TS and Indy500 are hard as hell and crazy fast. Both are also great value games. If you want another Dennis game WH2O is by far my favorite. Great unique game.

#15 3 years ago

I will take corvette over I500 everyday.

As far as feel I think many of the B titles from that era have a similar feel. Vette, Congo, Shadow, WH2O, Dr Who? (less so), etc...

Pick any 3 flipper game from that era and you are in a similar ball park.

#16 3 years ago

Sorry, I dont know a similar game like Indy500.
I only want to say that I played a Indianapolis some weeks ago and I loved it from the first moment. Yesterday I bought mine!
Btw., I am looking for the 2 plastic ramp. Anyone knows where I can buy them?

#17 3 years ago

If there's a pin party near Indy on NYE, let me know!

#18 3 years ago

I'd love to try a Indy 500 someday. The vids look really cool from what I've seen. Just because a game has a car theme, does that make it similar to I500? I'd like to try out some of the other car themes though because you don't see them much: Viper Night Driving, Corvette, Mustang, Nascar or Grand Prix, Mario Andretti. There has been a couple of Andretti's come up for sale lately and they look fun.

#19 3 years ago

I'm working on him guys. He has one of the most bad ass downstairs Ive ever seen. It just screams PARTY !!!
DMB you got my #. Not sure what youve got going on today, but Im headed over to ForensicD's to watch the Colts get eaten alive by the cutest mammals in the ocean, and play GOT !! Call me dude !

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'm working on him guys. He has one of the most bad ass downstairs Ive ever seen. It just screams PARTY !!!
DMB you got my #. Not sure what youve got going on today, but Im headed over to ForensicD's to watch the Colts get eaten alive by the cutest mammals in the ocean, and play GOT !! Call me dude !

Sorry can't today but I will sometime. I-69 seems to save me 20-30 minutes when going to Bloomington. It's great.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I'd love to try a Indy 500 someday. The vids look really cool from what I've seen. Just because a game has a car theme, does that make it similar to I500? I'd like to try out some of the other car themes though because you don't see them much: Viper Night Driving, Corvette, Mustang, Nascar or Grand Prix, Mario Andretti. There has been a couple of Andretti's come up for sale lately and they look fun.

Next time you're in the Chicago area come by and you can play my corvette as much as you'd like

#22 3 years ago

GOT has a ruleset similar to War and Peace.

#23 3 years ago

MET just steals my heart, every, single, time.

#24 3 years ago

Easy, Mustang Boss or LE.

#25 3 years ago

WH20 would be the other Nordman you should own... Different game, but 3 flippers, too, and some similar dynamics and rules.

#26 3 years ago

The Flintstones is a bit similar. Long center shot. Right upper flipper shot. Fast ramps.
I500 was the first DMD i owned. I like both games although I500 is faster play.

#27 3 years ago

Indy 500 is a blast to play. A bit different than the other B/W "B" DMD titles.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside