Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mr68
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CAM01742.jpg
    CAM01740.jpg
    CAM01738.jpg
    CAM01736.jpg
    CAM01735.jpg
    CAM01734.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hi guys, is something wrong with me?

In a lineup with lovley MM, recentley NIB Tron, nice SS, STTNG and a nice-shopped CC, with clear coat and allmost all new parts... The game I play the most is CC.

When i bought the game, friends told me it was a pretty shitty game, nice to have in a big collection, and nice collectors value, but gameplay wise pretty shallow.

I wanna know OWNERS oppinion, my version is 1.3 dont know if its new or old rom, but what doo you think of your CC, is it just in your collection for "the collections value" or doo you enjoy the game???

I like its slow gameplay, the pretty yellow lit playfield, superfun call outs, its really an eyecandy for me, i play it in a very dark room, best time to play CC is when its late and dark, thats where i enjoy it most, oh and the music is sooo good, best part is normally i never watch western movies, westers/cowbow theme usually does nothing for me, but for the first time i really enjoy it, especially when there is a shootout

Offcourse MM also gets played, its top notch, like SS too, Tron... Hmmmm... Is says play me again, one more time, i am drown to it, but thats usually because of its very short ball times, its just not enough ball time for me, after a good game of CC or MM i am usually satisfied, short games is just not me, i think i wanna trade my Tron for a LOTR its got better gameplay for ME (i am not dissing any games here, its just how i feel)

Please let me know about your love for the Car-cus, i mean Cactus Canyon

#2 10 years ago

Few pics just taken

CAM01734.jpgCAM01734.jpg CAM01735.jpgCAM01735.jpg CAM01736.jpgCAM01736.jpg

#3 10 years ago

Wish I could find one

#4 10 years ago

Few more, and now im gonna play, guess whitch one???

CAM01738.jpgCAM01738.jpg CAM01740.jpgCAM01740.jpg CAM01742.jpgCAM01742.jpg

#5 10 years ago

If you load that game up with Cactus Canyon Continued you will love it even more!

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

Wish I could find one

Me too. Although I wish I could find one for a price I was willing to pay.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

If you load that game up with Cactus Canyon Continued you will love it even more!

What?

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

Agreed 100%.

Not an owner, but babysat one for almost 2 years. I played it for about a month, then did a very thorough shop job on the game. (new bulbs, rubbers, plastics, polished all metal, habit trails, cleaned inserts, sanded/vacuumed the cab, etc...) After it was done, it sat unplayed for at least 6 months. It was at the point where I could reach the wizard mode on the first ball.

Then my same buddy sent it out, had the cab restored and the CCC software installed.

WOW! It made CC a whole new game, and now I want one badly.

DO the CCC software, you will not be upset with the decision.

#10 10 years ago

I like mm and cc but not mega money like it
    But it costs a lot

#11 10 years ago

O M G!!!

This is Awesome!!! i love the music
    Its CC vs AFM

Where doo i buy this rom? thanks for the link, but its creazy amount of pages to read, a quick youtube video made me fall in love

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

O M G!!!
    Its CC vs AFM
    » YouTube video
    Where doo i buy this rom? thanks for the link, but its creazy amount of pages to read, a quick youtube video made me fall in love

Gotta read up a bit in that thread. It's not just a rom unfortunately

#13 10 years ago

Seen it on youtube... a computer and new cpu board and mod to sound board hmmmmm...

#14 10 years ago

Omg now I wanna get a cactus canyon continued
    Gotta love some skrillex bangarang

#15 10 years ago

So yea. Cactus canyon continued is fantastic. CC is decent but generally not considered worth the price. I had a CC and sold it about 2 years ago. But recently, I fixed up a friends CC and put CCC onto it and decided the game was so great I just had to buy it immediately. Forked out mad cash and now I'm a proud owner again

The price to convert to a CCC is pretty cheap. About $500 for computer + proc + cheap LCD monitor. Then you can sell you CPU board ($200) and maybe your wpc 95 av board and a working Dmd. It's close to break even after you figure all that in. Not only is there twice as much game, but the colorized Dmd is fantastic.

#16 10 years ago

I also like CC. It's my daughters favorite.
    It has a good layout, great sounds, very good artwork, ..

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from DEN:

O M G!!!
    Its CC vs AFM
    » YouTube video

Watching this old video is rough The longer edit of Bangarang that Banderas' friend made for me is a lot less annoying on loop than just that little few second thing. And it's so ... orange.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Watching this old video is rough

Update the video. It is definitely come a long way. Playing an orange one is strange now. Going from color to orange on any game is kinda weird.

#19 10 years ago

I bought my Cactus Canyon several years ago. Even with the short code I really liked it. Now with Cactus Canyon Continued its an "A" title game all of the way.

Kim
    http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/love-for-cactus-canyon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.