Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gmkalos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

p26864_20copy_original (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I joined pinside a long time ago. Pinball was dying. I got a Cyclone for my 30th birthday. I struggled to fix it up with eBay, and I greatly ignored pinside. Fast forward almost 15 years. Pinball is booming. People condem Stern...they don’t update their code, cabs are cheap, playfields crater, empty playfields...etc. JJP...chipping, sticker cover-ups, pizza spinners. Spooky...long wait times for your games, new/small company. American Pinball, Heighway, and more. What a great time for pinball. When bitching comes to the forefront, that means the business is booming. When bitching stops...so does the business. I love pinball, and thank you for where we are. Such a great time to be in.

#3 5 years ago

So, maybe a little strong worded, but it pushes the feeling.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Some of the bitching is well deserved considering the high price tags being slapping on these things. A premium price commands a premium product. Crazy concept, huh?

I agree! The more b!tchin the more competition, the better the product, the better for the consumer. Pinball is alive and well.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from ectobar:

I like your enthusiasm but this place can be ridiculous. I come here to read about fun toys. Albeit super expensive fun toys, still just toys none the less.
    Sometimes the rage is justified eg. JPop, Kulek, DP, Highway.
    But the rest of the time I think people could really benefit from biting their tongue.
    If you don't like a product, don't buy it.
    If you don't like something, there is almost certainly a better way to articulate your displeasure without shitting all over the product which someone else on here almost certainly loves.
    This site has lots of awesome. It has just as many lows. Not saying I'm not guilty of some shenanigans, but I do think it's beneficial to try and be positive.

Agree! The negative Nancy’s are a drag...and I’ve had my fair share of nastiness. But still glad there’s a fight, and not crickets and death of the hobby. Don’t get me wrong, I’d rather pinside be all helpful people helping the ones who need it, but a certain amount t of angst is ok...although pinside sometimes feels like a teenage girl.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It for sure is, but I think his point is it was looking like a bleak future back then and the shit is booming now.
    Not to speak for the OP just a guess

Yup, you got it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/love-all-the-btching?tu=dnapac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.