• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mermaid (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

There are a few games out there that I would play but could never own. Reasons such as too easy / Too hard / Annoying music or call outs / Ugly Art / Problematic / Lack of replacement parts / etc...

What games make you feel this way?

#2 6 years ago

Any stern after GB.............Joey

#3 6 years ago

TWD: theme

Dialed In: price

TRON: shallow

Metallica: too repetitive

#4 6 years ago

Indy 500. Love it at shows. Too shallow for home.

#5 6 years ago

Junkyard, pretty easy to defeat crazy bob , maybe there's other stuff to do in it an I just haven't figured it out , not sure though.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Junkyard, pretty easy to defeat crazy bob , maybe there's other stuff to do in it an I just haven't figured it out , not sure though.

I love building the Jalopy, aha ah a assembled.

I could never own Rocky and Bullwinkle due to the whammbat or whatever it happens to say bugs the heck out of me.

#7 6 years ago

I like medieval madness, but i wont ever own one due to the goddamn overpricing on them.

EDIT: goddamn phone autocorrection

#8 6 years ago

BBB, Cactus Canyon - too pricey

#9 6 years ago

The only reasons I probably won't own games that I enjoy is because of space and cost.

Someone sell me an AFM for $100

#10 6 years ago

Do you have room for it..?. ..........Joey

#11 6 years ago

Magic Girl - poor design with many fatal flaws. Will never buy a game that doesn't function properly, period.

If I want something pretty, I invest in art. If I want something with good sound, I buy a CD. If I want to own pinball, I buy one out of a hundred thousand pins that have been made that do work. If I want an investment, I pick a stock. If I want a collector's item, I'll purchase a beanie baby. If I want a toy, I buy a Happy Meal.

But I'll stand in front of and happily try to play any MG that I come across. So far there haven't been any.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Do you have room for it..?. ..........Joey

Heh, I would happily shuffle things around to make room

#13 6 years ago

WOZ is one of my favorite games, but after maintaining one in a hospital for a while (especially in regards to the lights) I don't think I'd own it.

I play Hercules on location every time I see one but... yeah

Stern Playboy. I think this game is a riot. It has 5 toys that do nothing but reveal nudie pictures. Revealing the features is fun, but the scoring and lack of things that actually interact with the ball mean I wouldn't own one.

#14 6 years ago

Anything above $3000 to own.

#15 6 years ago

Pretty much anything that has a terrible theme (for me, that is. One person's favorite theme might be another's most hated).

I don't think I could ever own games like Johnny Mnemonic, Congo, Avatar, Grand Lizard, Millionaire, or whatever, but I certainly enjoy playing them.

#16 6 years ago

I will no longer own games with old men rock stars, outdated movies or TV shows as themes. And usual don't like to play them either.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Heh, I would happily shuffle things around to make room

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#18 6 years ago

Mermaid, too expensive and too hard to find

mermaid (resized).jpgmermaid (resized).jpg

#19 6 years ago

BBB... fun as hell but dat price tag.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

TWD: theme
Dialed In: price
TRON: shallow
Metallica: too repetitive

That's cold man.

#21 6 years ago

A list of machines that are two expensive would be quite lengthy so I'll just avoid that list. For now, I'm going to create a list of machines that would not enter my game room based on novelty factory, shallowness, theme, etc. Perhaps I could add machines that would not enter my collection because there are better machines within the same niche. That list could get pretty long.

Pinball Circus - Beyond the obvious rarity, it's wouldn't take up a spot in my small lineup. Feels like a novelty.
Champion Pub - Another that feels like a bit of a novelty game, but if I had more room, I'd consider one.
Revenge From Mars / Star Wars Episode One - I hate working on monitors.
EMs - I really only need one EM in my collection and I'm happy with Gold Strike.
Playboy - These probably don't count because I don't really love to play them, but they were the only example I'd avoid simply because of the theme.

#22 6 years ago

...but I love to play them

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/love-2-play-but-could-never-own and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.