IMG_1248_(800x533).jpg
IMG_1238_(800x533).jpg
IMG_1051_(533x800).jpg
IMG_3065-1024.JPG
Photo0522.jpg
Photo0519.jpg
IMG-20120304-00071.jpg
IMG-20120304-00075.jpg
There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

Just booked our room last night.
Looking forward to pinball and the amazing food out there.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from justfury:

Looking forward to pinball and the amazing food out there.

"DOWN there" . . . you are UP from us!

#53 11 years ago

Really looking forward to this.

I'm only going to be able to make the Friday and Saturday.
Do i buy 2 one day passes on the site for the 3 members of the family?

Also... If anybody could fill me in on where to find the "amazing food" out there, i'd appreciate it. Never been to Louisville before.

#54 11 years ago

Although I'm not bringing my SoF like I was hoping to (sound issue still plaguing me), I'm bringing a Pigskin 621 A.D. from the arcade..

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

Also... If anybody could fill me in on where to find the "amazing food" out there, i'd appreciate it. Never been to Louisville before.

There are several good restaurants on Hurstbourne lane which is the main street there.

#56 11 years ago

I'll be there. Woohoo I can't wait

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

"DOWN there" . . . you are UP from us!

Over yonder? I like the sound of this one.

Quoted from joelreeves:

Two places I went to last year was:

http://deccarestaurant.com/site - Bit expensive, but if you are into foodie type things this is for you.

http://www.doccrows.com/ - Great oysters, softshell crab. It was a pain in the ass to get to there was so much construction. Hopefully they have finished that.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

I'm only going to be able to make the Friday and Saturday.
Do i buy 2 one day passes on the site for the 3 members of the family?

You just buy as many day passes as you need per person. You just need to register your name, and the number of passes you need.

As far as food goes, Frankfort Ave and Nulu have some great spots, but there are plenty of spots close to the show too. Just depends on what you are in the mood for. Stop by the registration desk and ask and we'd be happy to throw out some recommendations.

Louisville was listed as one of the top places to visit this year according to these guys. There is plenty to do here, no matter what you are in to. http://www.lonelyplanet.com/usa/travel-tips-and-articles/77583

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from joelreeves:

If anybody could fill me in on where to find the "amazing food" out there

"UP there" . . . you are 'down' from us. "Out" would be going out West. "Over" would be going over to the coast. Just HAD to do it!
Mike in Kentucky

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

"UP there" . . . you are 'down' from us. "Out" would be going out West. "Over" would be going over to the coast. Just HAD to do it!
Mike in Kentucky

Mike you must be a hillbilly like me! Now we just need a little Fiddle music like my dad plays..

#61 11 years ago

Had a good meal last year at Ramsi's Cafe on the World, on Bardstown Road, just a couple of blocks from Ed Lutz's Arcade Odyssey. Place was real eclectic but sort of cool.

Don

1 week later
#62 11 years ago

Confirmed I'll be free Friday so I'll be taking this (woohoo chrome plated hw just installed!) How early can I drop it off Friday?

IMG_3065-1024.JPGIMG_3065-1024.JPG

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Confirmed I'll be free Friday so I'll be taking this (woohoo chrome plated hw just installed!) How early can I drop it off Friday?

PM Sent

#64 11 years ago

We're going to close pre-registration Sunday March 3rd at 3pm EST. Thanks!

#65 11 years ago

Bumping this thread to keep it visible.

#66 11 years ago

When is the tournament? I see on the website about qualifying times but i must have missed the tournament times. Is it Saturday night or Sunday? Also how many spots in the tourney and entrance fees and qualifying fee? Sorry must have just missed this.----Nevermind i found it once you open Saturdays Itinerary.

#67 11 years ago

Chad I think you can start qualifying Friday night but it will also run all day Saturday and the finals are Sunday.

I'll be there

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

Chad I think you can start qualifying Friday night but it will also run all day Saturday and the finals are Sunday.
I'll be there

The Finals are on Saturday evening at 7 actually. You can qualify all day Friday (2pm to Midnight) and then Saturday from 10am to 7pm)

#69 11 years ago

Only one WOZ will be at the show, JJP is close but no standard to show yet. Its not fair for me to have two when others dont have one so I hope everyone understands. I am gonna bring Hemi ACDC Pro so everyoje can see his awesome work in person.
I have Invisiglass and Stern shaker motors on sale with special pricing for the show on each. Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone. We are staying across the street at Red Roof as they are no rooms left for Saturday.

IMG_1051_(533x800).jpgIMG_1051_(533x800).jpg IMG_1238_(800x533).jpgIMG_1238_(800x533).jpg IMG_1248_(800x533).jpgIMG_1248_(800x533).jpg

#70 11 years ago

I cant say enough how great the ACDC pro is, so I am taking the pin to the KY show so anyone there can see and play it. This pin made selling the ACDCBIBLE much easier the profit from the BIBLE sale paid for half of the cost on the Pro. I just dont see the reason when you can have the faster playing Pro. This is not pump and dump. The pin is fun and I wanted to take two pins and the more I play it I wanted to give thanks to Hemi maybe he get some more orders and thats an even better way to be thankful.

IMG_1479_(800x533).jpgIMG_1479_(800x533).jpg IMG_1480_(533x800).jpgIMG_1480_(533x800).jpg IMG_1481_(533x800).jpgIMG_1481_(533x800).jpg IMG_1484_(800x533).jpgIMG_1484_(800x533).jpg IMG_1489_(800x533).jpgIMG_1489_(800x533).jpg IMG_1487_(800x533).jpgIMG_1487_(800x533).jpg

#71 11 years ago

Bump this thread!

#72 11 years ago

Thanks for taking the WOZ there, Buddy. I'm really excited to finally see one in person

If you're interested in getting ACDC Premium red rails/lockdown/legs for your Pro let me know!

#73 11 years ago

I purchased some red legs but need the rails and lockdown bar please. Can you bring them there and we can switch out. PM me the details please! I was going to bring the FGY until it clicked I should bring this.

#74 11 years ago

Look forward to playing WOZ, just put in for the day off Saturday. Had a great time last year!

#75 11 years ago

Check out the great prizes we are giving away to people bringing games this year: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-cpr-giveaway-items#post-696687

#76 11 years ago

One week away!

Looks like we are going to move the Main finals to Sunday morning on the request of PAPA. We'll have the site updated soon. The Classics finals will be Saturday evening still.

Quoted from LouMatt:

The Finals are on Saturday evening at 7 actually. You can qualify all day Friday (2pm to Midnight) and then Saturday from 10am to 7pm)

#77 11 years ago

Ill be there! Cant wait!

#78 11 years ago

So, what's the protocol if you're bringing a machine with out a free play setting? I was planning on bringing Genesis but there's no way to set it on FP. Do I set the credits to max and then just keep an eye on it over the course of the weekend? Leave the key in the machine?

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from Natetheviking:

So, what's the protocol if you're bringing a machine with out a free play setting? I was planning on bringing Genesis but there's no way to set it on FP. Do I set the credits to max and then just keep an eye on it over the course of the weekend? Leave the key in the machine?

Max credits then set the replay extremely low.

#80 11 years ago

Quoted from mhs:

Max credits then set the replay extremely low.

Nate - You can leave the key with us at the desk as well. We made some special coin mechs last year, we'll see if we have some left, then you can just hit the coin return button and add a credit. If we have some of those left, they should work fine. I'll talk with the guys and see.

#81 11 years ago

I'm working on figuring out if and what I can bring.

I have a CV that I'm willing to sell, probably wouldn't hurt to bring it. Then a couple EM's that can sell, and maybe one other... Have to rent a trailer to pull it all off.....

#82 11 years ago

Tried to pre- register today around 4:55 est. and the only registration available was to bring a pin? I thought pre- registration was through the 3rd. If im missing something please help. Thanks.

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

We're going to close pre-registration Sunday March 3rd at 3pm EST. Thanks!

Quoted from ChadNC:

Tried to pre- register today around 4:55 est. and the only registration available was to bring a pin? I thought pre- registration was through the 3rd. If im missing something please help. Thanks.

If anyone wants to attend and didn't pre-register it's $15 at the door for a day pass or $35 for a weekend pass. Thanks!

#84 11 years ago

Nate, Find or have me paged at the show and I can show you what I did to my Bally Space Invaders to set it to permaent free-paly and very very easily reverse it back to coin play if you wish. That way you can keep your replay score settings the same and still have a challenge to the game... But for this weekend, Mark's suggestion is best.

-Steve Ridge

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

... set it to permaent free-paly...

Wow!... Excuse the spelling!!

#86 11 years ago

Another bump to the thread! This weekend is going to be awesome!

#87 11 years ago

really looking forward to it

#88 11 years ago

I have a trailer reserved, going to load up Thursday night and head down first thing Friday morning. Bringing 3 or 4 pins again.

#89 11 years ago

Bump for LAX this weekend.

#90 11 years ago

I'm bringing:
Space Shuttle
Bally Eight Ball

Also, if anyone has any classic console video games or consoles they want to sell, bring them to the show and I will buy them. I will be the guy with 1,000s of vintage games for sale.

#91 11 years ago

Working this weekend but took Saturday off to go. Looking forward to playing some cool games(many of which I could never afford lol).

#92 11 years ago

I hope Tron shows up so I can finally get to play it!

I'll be there with Pintucky on Saturday around lunch.

#93 11 years ago

Here an early preview!

http://www.wdrb.com/category/163829/fox-41-video?clipId=8578396&autostart=true

Lots of rare pins there even Rocky!

Plus one of the rarest pins of all, one of 12 out so far, an ECLEWOZ on free play! Maybe by end of the day a newer code can be shown!

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

I hope Tron shows up so I can finally get to play it!
I'll be there with Pintucky on Saturday around lunch.

There is a NIB Tron priced at only 4750 its one from the new run with two translights.

#95 11 years ago

Gonna be another great show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from scooter:

Gonna be another great show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think so, three of the best pins, side by side by side, ACDC PRO ultimate edition and ECLEWOZ plus the knockout action of Rocky

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I think so, three of the best pins, side by side by side, ACDC PRO ultimate edition and ECLEWOZ plus the knockout action of Rocky

Can't wait to see Woz,See ya after while at the show Dough!
Also at the show are White water,SM,TOTAN,Batman,Avengers LE,CV,Transformers Etc.....

#98 11 years ago

New code showing WOZ is a winner! Display set up showing all the JJP items for sale. Stop on by.

WOZ_display_at_Louisville.jpegWOZ_display_at_Louisville.jpeg

#99 11 years ago

I had a great time at the show this year (just as I did last year). I love the blend of pinball, video games, consoles...with a touch of cos-play and general geek culture. The floor layout was tweaked and organized a bit better. It's a great place to have it and the staff and organizers are great. Keep up the good work...it's much appreciated.

My only complaint. Why so many games not set on free play or not working the entire show? I saw some games that were never even turned on the entire show.

#100 11 years ago

Keep up the good work...it's much appreciated.

I second that emotion! This was my first time at any kind of pinball / gaming expo and I had a blast. Extra thanks to all the folks who brought games for others to enjoy!

Meeting Roger Sharpe and attending his Q & A session was so cool...but unfortunately I had to leave at 5:30 while he was still talking because I was late to take my family to dinner. Does anyone know if the video has been posted online anywhere?

Other highlights: playing (poorly) in my first tournament, playing so many pins I have only read about, and meeting doughslinger, wickedquickss, viper001, and Pinside legend Butterflygirl24 who brought 8 games including one of the hits of the show, Joust, plus the mind-blowing Varkon and all those other gorgeous machines!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 129 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-8-10-2013/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.