(Topic ID: 71688)

Louisville Arcade Expo March 7-9 2014

By LouMatt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140309_111327_962-301.jpg
    IMG_20140308_204918_765-890.jpg
    IMG_20140309_111410_016-189.jpg
    IMG_20140309_112410_710.jpg
    IMG_20140309_112423_229.jpg
    IMG_20140309_132336_422.jpg
    P3080060.JPG
    P3080058.JPG
    20140309_184000.jpg
    IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_20140305_183751.jpg
    IMG_20140305_183743.jpg
    IMG_1492 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_1488 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_1486 (800x533).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winteriscoming.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

I couldn't come last year. I don't plan on missing this time.

What's this? Another Pinsider in Jeffersonville? Are there more of us?

At any rate, I've thoroughly enjoyed the expo every year so far and I'm looking forward to the upcoming event.

1 month later
    #36 10 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Hey Buddy, I am going to make this easy for you. You have to bring Caveman and TOM.

I'd love to see a Caveman! I've maintained a fascination with with dinosaurs since I was a kid, so the theme alone makes me want one.

Non-standard pins are fun to be able to experience. It was awesome last year seeing a Joust. I wasn't even aware of the head-to-head concept (not that I was or am a seasoned pinhead). Then I learned only something like 400 were made. That made me both very appreciative of the collector who brought it and curious how anyone manages to bring valuable gems to an expo with hordes of people, who aren't necessarily going to treat these games like they should, and not babysit their game the whole time or bite their nails when they're away.

I know it's counter-intuitive to the expo format, but I think I'd be too OCD to be comfortable bringing a game I really cared about (all of them! ). I know you have to bring games in order for there to be games at the show, so how do collectors get over it and enjoy themselves, or is that not a problem for most? Even having 6 family members over the other day to play my games had me too anxious to be able to really relax and enjoy myself, not to mention random things kept breaking...

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I have seen people shut off one of my games as well when a guy plays game after game.

So what's the etiquette here? If I get on a game I that I want to keep playing, when I get game over I look behind me to see if anyone's waiting and go for another game if not. It seems to me like a lot of people do that and you just have to step up behind them and wait for them to get game over to get your turn. Are you talking about someone who keeps playing in spite of a line?

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

i would very much like to bring Caveman but that pin is so not dependable. It should have been named Gremlins. I just sold my original TOM for 4700 at the last Winston Salem auction. I might get another in trade. I am open to other choices.

IMG_4577 (800x533).jpg 77 KB

IMG_4577 (800x533)-584.jpg 77 KB

I'd appreciate seeing AFM. I was too dumb as a kid to be interested in pinball and missed out on playing what are considered A listers today, and I'm not far enough in my life to have the disposable income to buy an A lister.

Was the Joust last year yours? It got a lot of attention from what I could tell. If you had room to bring it, I'm sure it would be appreciated again.

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I also like to sometimes make a big production of checking behind me to see if their is a line behind me when I finish a game (when their isn't). Just my way of saying "See? I looked! No one was waiting so I'm playing another game."

Yeah, it's not just a quick glance. It has to be exaggerated movement with the whole torso and neck twisting, so you can see if anyone is waiting to the right or left behind you, while your hands are still on the game. You have to take a little bit to do it in case someone is near and wants to play and they have time to walk up and get your attention.

2 weeks later
    #111 10 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I brought CV, TOTAN, JP, and TFLE (autobot) last year. Don't think I'll top that this year.

I totally misread your post as saying you bought all of them at LAX last year! That would be some serious purchases all at once.

Your JP was my inspiration to get one, and get into collecting pinball machines, really. JP really stood out for me and made a good impression. Thanks for bringing it!

1 week later
    #117 10 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Initial / Preliminary game list is posted on the site: http://www.LouisvilleArcade.com
    Don't forget to book your rooms if you haven't yet.

Let's get some more pinball on that list!

I've decided to bring Stern Dracula. It's not in the best condition, but is fully working and is hopefully an enjoyable game that maybe most haven't seen.

I see a Firepower on the list. Anyone here bringing that? Is it for sale/trade?

1 week later
    #129 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinJump:

I'm planning to go but I'll probably bring a video game rather than a pin. However I am looking for any of the following pins so feel free to PM me if you might bring one to sell: A13, BK2K, F14, JP, PB, SpSh, SpSt, SG, SST, TFTC, T2, TPW, WW. TYVM

Assuming it doesn't sell before then, there's a Louisville CL ad for a T2 for $1675. No clue about the condition. It's been up for a while: louisville.craigslist.org link

#136 10 years ago

How do the seminars work? Do you have to register for them or just show up when they start? Do they cost anything?

Oh, and anyone know if any pinball vendors will be there selling standard playfield glass? I'd love to get a couple without paying shipping.

3 weeks later
    #209 10 years ago

I'm hoping to bring my game on Thursday, but not sure yet how early I can come. What's the latest someone can set up on Thursday and still have enough time to enjoy the early access and help set up? Is there a specific time when everyone needs to be out?

#251 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Does anybody want to help me move a pin into my house (in Jeff) Sunday night? I live just off of Veteran's Pkwy.
    There could be some awesome "Belgian Style" Brother Thelonious draft beer and pinball involved...

PM Sent.

#259 10 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Looks like Illinois Pinball / Gene Cunningham won't be at the show this year after all.

That's unfortunate. I hope there's another vendor selling playfield glass.

#273 10 years ago

It was great meeting some of you tonight. I wish safe travel for those who haven't made it yet.

I'm glad I got in early enough to nab 5 playfield glasses.

#294 10 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

Had an incredible time yesterday! Playing so many pins I had only seen pictures of was magical, haha.
    That said, I have one complaint that was echoed by a lot of folks waiting in line to play games...Lighting. A few games were impossible to play because the playfields were crazy dark. It was too hard to see anything going on. But that's a minor complaint given the generosity of free play extravaganza!

For many games I think being in low light is preferrable so that their imperfections from years of abuse aren't visible. The only game that stands out for me as nearly unplayable in the dark is the F14 that was there. I don't know if it was just because of LEDs or if it's a generally dark game. The GI in most other games seemed more than adequate.

#305 10 years ago

Dracula made it home safely. It wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be bringing a game, though on both Saturday and Sunday it was turned off when I arrived and I had some flipper issues to work through both times. Big thanks to Matt for helping me unload and load the game back up.

Quoted from Spraynard:

Anyone get to play Predator? It was off Saturday through Sunday.

The one time I saw no one on it on Friday I thought I'd get my chance, but it was frozen on the P-ROC logo. It doesn't seem like a good advertisement for Skit-B or the P-ROC when a game is sitting there unplayable much of the time. I don't mean that as an insult. I hope they're successful and I'm glad they came to Louisville.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winteriscoming.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-7-9-2014?tu=winteriscoming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.