(Topic ID: 71688)

Louisville Arcade Expo March 7-9 2014

By LouMatt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140309_111327_962-301.jpg
    IMG_20140308_204918_765-890.jpg
    IMG_20140309_111410_016-189.jpg
    IMG_20140309_112410_710.jpg
    IMG_20140309_112423_229.jpg
    IMG_20140309_132336_422.jpg
    P3080060.JPG
    P3080058.JPG
    20140309_184000.jpg
    IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_20140305_183751.jpg
    IMG_20140305_183743.jpg
    IMG_1492 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_1488 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_1486 (800x533).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TurboBengal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

<<<<"Non-standard pins are fun to be able to experience. It was awesome last year seeing a Joust. I wasn't even aware of the head-to-head concept (not that I was or am a seasoned pinhead). Then I learned only something like 400 were made. That made me both very appreciative of the collector who brought it and curious how anyone manages to bring valuable gems to an expo with hordes of people, who aren't necessarily going to treat these games like they should, and not babysit their game the whole time or bite their nails when they're away.
    I know it's counter-intuitive to the expo format, but I think I'd be too OCD to be comfortable bringing a game I really cared about (all of them! ). I know you have to bring games in order for there to be games at the show, so how do collectors get over it and enjoy themselves, or is that not a problem for most? Even having 6 family members over the other day to play my games had me too anxious to be able to really relax and enjoy myself, not to mention random things kept breaking...">>>>
    Yes it was my Joust, I will most likely bring it back again this year. I have taken it to alot of shows since I got it put back together after its restore. Everyone seems to like it and it is popular, so as long as folks enjoy it I will try to bring it. I'm also planning to bring my Metallica, Congo, Warlok, maybe Popeye. Not sure on others, I like to bring games folks don't see all the time.
    I really don't worry about games too much when I take them, They were made to be played. I know that some can get a bit carried away, but most are respectful of the games and know that as Futurepinhead said, There are lots of Pinheads around and everyone tends to watch out for each others games.
    Louisville has been a great show, Matt and Jeremy do a great job! Looking forward to it again this year!!
    See everyone there!
    Phoebe

Varkon again???

Either way I'm really looking forward to it.

1 week later
    #98 10 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Thinkin' about bringing our Williams Defender pin. Got it out and gettin' it cleaned up! Tryin' to talk Lar into bringing Varkon also, but not sure if there is room in the trailer.
    Phoebe

yes please on defender!

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Make sure he brings the Duck Hunt, I want to play that sucker.

I would like to play all of them!

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I brought CV, TOTAN, JP, and TFLE (autobot) last year. Don't think I'll top that this year.

And thanks for that. Still the only time I have had the opportunity to play JP.

1 month later
    #275 10 years ago
    Quoted from Vet-N-Vet:

I'm planning on bringing a super nice Special Force.

SpecialForce 008.jpg 52 KB

Sweet! Always wanted to play one of these

#276 10 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'll be hitting up AtG brewery for lunch on Saturday. Apparently they have fantastic beer and food. If anyone is interested in joining me and my friend, PM me and we can arrange something!

I would also recommend Zbar. Food is fine. Their beer selection is great and they are bringing several pins to the show. Best part is they have several more at the bar.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TurboBengal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-7-9-2014?tu=TurboBengal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.