(Topic ID: 71688)

Louisville Arcade Expo March 7-9 2014

By LouMatt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140309_111327_962-301.jpg
    IMG_20140308_204918_765-890.jpg
    IMG_20140309_111410_016-189.jpg
    IMG_20140309_112410_710.jpg
    IMG_20140309_112423_229.jpg
    IMG_20140309_132336_422.jpg
    P3080060.JPG
    P3080058.JPG
    20140309_184000.jpg
    IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_20140305_183751.jpg
    IMG_20140305_183743.jpg
    IMG_1492 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_1488 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_1486 (800x533).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geremy13.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#146 10 years ago

WOW!, This is Fantastic!

I went last year.... and my wife surprised me for my birthday and has already reserved our room....

She told me I will be able to see all of my pinside friends.... But I told her I don't know any of you guys in the Midwest... so I doubt I will see anybody that I have posted before.

But NOW... YES! This will be a great time! Maybe I need to wear one of those 'badges' things that you hang from your neck saying 'PINSIDE!'...

It would be great to meet the people that have the same interest and participate in this community...

1 week later
    #157 10 years ago

14 days to go..... YEAH!

1 week later
    #198 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoCashValue:

My own fault for not knowing I could attend earlier than today, but the show hotel is overbooked, much less with any rooms for the $69/night rate. Does anyone know if the organizers have an overflow hotel nearby with a good rate or if there are any hotels nearby that won't cost an arm and a leg? After gas and an 8-hour car ride, the $100+ hotel/night could kill the trip for me. Thanks in advance!

I am fortunate that my wife booked this months ahead. But I will make sure that she checks with the Hotel and confirms that we are not one that will get 'bumped' in the case of overbooking like the airlines do.

For yourself, you can 'priceline' the Louisville downtown area 3-1/2 stars and you will find really nice Hotels for well under $100.....

#219 10 years ago

Will there be Lord of the Rings Pinball at the expo?

Anybody know? Would love to play that game and BUY it!

#220 10 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

My trailer ride fell through. My buddy is not bringing games thisyear due to work and such. Anyone in southern Indiana with a trailer have room for a few extra games?

I have a trailer, 5 X 10, in Bedford,,, (just south of Bloomington) and on the way to the Expo...

#271 10 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Last year I was there and they were PACKED. I waited for 30 minutes at the door until a table opened up and the group of guys in front of us (they go for the console games) were nice enough to let us join them. We sat there for 45 minutes without anyone coming up to get a drink order. Stood at the bar for 10 minutes to try to grab a beer and finally gave up. Probably just going to order for delivery to my room from now on.

I had the EXACT same experience. Sort of....

It was just me and the wife.... and we waited forever........ no drinks, nothing. Went to the bar and waited somemore..

So we went to the room and ordered ........

And then went down to get our dinner....

And the whole thing started over again.

I sure hope it's better this time...

#307 10 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I want to throw a personal thank you to Matt and Jeremy and everyone who makes this show happen. They run the front desk and all the other jobs and sacrifice there time of being able to play games. Thank you.

I don't know who these people are, but I want to thank them personally as well. This was a FANTASTIC show. I cannot imagine having a better time. Everything in every category was thoroughly well planned and enjoyed.

So now, how about the good and the bad:

Complaint: NONE! This show was perfect to me and my family. Can't imagine it being any better. But looking forward to next year topping this years! YES!,,, looking forward to next year already.

Comment: Well (this could be in the complaint category) but that's not really what I do so I will just comment. We stayed at the hotel once again this year and so did not expect much from the Restaurant.... and they did not disappoint! It was STILL a horrible service experience. Wick's Pizza: I knew from the past that this might not turn out to be good service so I went to the front reception/ wait area and said, 'All I want to do is order' and then I'll pick it up later so you don't have to sit us or anything. The fella said 'You have to go see 'Michelle' at the bar to order for pickup'...... OK..... so I wait in line at the bar for 20 minutes... The fella at the bar says 'Michelle' has left quite awhile ago... but he will help out best he can...... So I order Pizza and say I don't have to pick it up for an hour or 2 so no rush,,, take your time.

Great, then I show back up an hour later and ready to pick up our dinner...... So then, I wait in line at the bar (another 20 minutes)...... and yes, I did get our meal. Now I will have to say that the meal was FANTASTIC.! The Pizza tasted wonderful!.... The dinner was GREAT!

So this comment will end like this: Wick's Pizza Restaurant is like 'Comcast Cable' or 'Time-Warner Cable'....... The service is Horrible....... but the Product is EXCELLENT.

Alright, I know that comment above had nothing to do with the FANTASTIC show..... was just sharing with others that might have stayed at the hotel as well. And even with this, I will stay at this hotel again.

Thanks again to all of the people that put this show on. It was FANTASTIC!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Geremy13.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-7-9-2014?tu=Geremy13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.