(Topic ID: 71688)

Louisville Arcade Expo March 7-9 2014

By LouMatt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140309_111327_962-301.jpg
    IMG_20140308_204918_765-890.jpg
    IMG_20140309_111410_016-189.jpg
    IMG_20140309_112410_710.jpg
    IMG_20140309_112423_229.jpg
    IMG_20140309_132336_422.jpg
    P3080060.JPG
    P3080058.JPG
    20140309_184000.jpg
    IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_20140305_183751.jpg
    IMG_20140305_183743.jpg
    IMG_1492 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_1488 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_1486 (800x533).jpg
    There are 346 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 10 years ago

The 4th Annual Louisville Arcade Expo is being held once again at the Ramada Plaza in Louisville, KY, March 7-9 2014. Three days of retro gaming - including pinball, video arcades, classic consoles and computers. Our pinball tournament is the last stop on the PAPA circuit before the finals and is ran by the PAPA people. We'll have costume contests, console tournaments, music, seminars, a charity raffle, and more!

We have a room rate of $69.95 at the Ramada Plaza which is conveniently located at the corner of I-64 and Hurstbourne Lane in Louisville Ky (9700 Bluegrass Parkway, Louisville, KY 40299). The hotel has an airport shuttle, so fly in, take the shuttle, and have a good time. The hotel is located near many restaurants and other activities. To reserve a room, just give them a call and mention you are attending our show 1-502-491-4830.

Bring a full size pinball or arcade video game and get a free admission for each game you bring! Give us a heads up by registering your games on our website if you are planning on doing this to help with our layout planning. For every game you bring and every day the game is at the show in playing condition, you will be entered into a drawing for door prizes. Last year we gave away a lot of awesome stuff from CPR.

Pre-Register and save! Just $33 dollars for a weekend pass right now! Visit our website for more information: http://www.LouisvilleArcade.com

Find us on facebook at facebook.com/LouisvilleArcade

Thanks and we're looking forward to seeing everyone again!

#2 10 years ago

I've had a great time the past couple of year at the show. A great blend of vids, pins and consoles. I'm looking forward to it.

#3 10 years ago

Two thumbs up.

#4 10 years ago

I couldn't come last year. I don't plan on missing this time.

#5 10 years ago

Me and my wife are going to attend for our (delayed) honeymoon, March cant come soon enough.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

I couldn't come last year. I don't plan on missing this time.

What's this? Another Pinsider in Jeffersonville? Are there more of us?

At any rate, I've thoroughly enjoyed the expo every year so far and I'm looking forward to the upcoming event.

#7 10 years ago

Had a great time last year. Really looking forward to it. Louisville puts on a great show.

#8 10 years ago

Looking forward to it too!

1 week later
    #9 10 years ago

This looks like a fun event. The Ohio Pinball Show is the weekend prior. How many pinball machines are in Louisville vs. an event like the Ohio show? Can't really go to both.

#10 10 years ago

I can't wait. Now I just have to figure out what to bring.

1 month later
    #11 10 years ago

Don't forget to call and book your room (1-502-491-4830) and ask for the show rate...rooms are filling up and are usually sold out the weekend of the show.

Pre-registration rates are $15 a day and $35 a weekend. At the door the price will be $20 and $45, so pre-register and save.

We'll post more updates about this years show to the site soon as well. Thanks!

#12 10 years ago

Always a great show!Hope someone brings a STLE and a WOZ with the latest code.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I can't wait. Now I just have to figure out what to bring.

Bring that Funhouse for sure,I still have my truck.

#14 10 years ago

I'm planning on bringing the following :
    - Creature from the Black Lagoon with the LCD mod
    - AC/DC pro, heavily modded
    - Chicago Cubs Triple Play
    - Bobby Orr Power Play

When is the venue open and available to set up pins?

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

Always a great show!Hope someone brings a STLE and a WOZ with the latest code.

Gotta you covered on WOZ

#16 10 years ago

Loved my wife and I's first visit to the show last year! I just need to try and get the weekend off from the new job. I have my Swords of Fury I can bring, but it's condition is a little rough (the usuall drop spot underneath the upper playfield) and I feel it would be like taking a clunker to a car show.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

Gotta you covered on WOZ

Thanks Buddy,will see you there!

#18 10 years ago

I'm going to try and make it for the first time.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from MadPole:

I'm planning on bringing the following :
    - Creature from the Black Lagoon with the LCD mod
    - AC/DC pro, heavily modded
    - Chicago Cubs Triple Play
    - Bobby Orr Power Play
    When is the venue open and available to set up pins?

Great games! We'll be setting up Thursday, so if anyone is bringing games that is the best day to do it.

#20 10 years ago

Gotta you covered on WOZ

Awesome Buddy

#21 10 years ago

I think I am bringing my Hollywood Heat on crack. I will also have Stern LED backboard lighting kits for sale for $20 in Warm White, Red, Green, Blue, and Blacklight flavors and Bally/Williams kits for $25

I will have my usual vintage console games for sale. Cartridges for just about every classic system ever made.

If anyone has any Atari or Nintendo console systems or games they want to sell, bring them to the show. I am always looking for gaming items for my collection. I collect just about everything gaming related.

#22 10 years ago

Show was a blast last year and with a DQ close by it's a definite WIN-WIN venue.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

Bring that Funhouse for sure,I still have my truck.

Funhouse doesn't work entirely, the usual project pins that I buy.

#24 10 years ago

I'll plan on bringing a few games again this year. Not exactly sure which ones yet... but I'll figure it out.

#25 10 years ago

Are there going to be any machines for sale?

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from AMBoggs:

Are there going to be any machines for sale?

there always is

#27 10 years ago

Depends on what I have at the time I may bring machine(s) for sale.

#28 10 years ago

Do you offer anything for vendors? I own VPcabs.com and may want to bring some pins but I don't want to be crammed back in the corner with the people selling small items. I attended as a spectator/player last year and it was a great show.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from shakenbake:

Do you offer anything for vendors? I own VPcabs.com and may want to bring some pins but I don't want to be crammed back in the corner with the people selling small items. I attended as a spectator/player last year and it was a great show.

PM sent

#30 10 years ago

Just set up my reservations. Bringing whatever I don't sell at the OH show.

Scott

#31 10 years ago

Please keep the pins out of that brightly lit left area!

#32 10 years ago

I am going to try to be one of the first rail shooter games this year. I have been working on it for over a year and finally reaching the working point.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Please keep the pins out of that brightly lit left area!

We couldn't agree more!! Dont worry, we are making modifications to the layout to have the machines not in the lit area. The only lit areas will be for the pinball tournament (ran by PAPA again...huge thanks guys!), and the vendors. There is nothing cooler than seeing a nice selection of pins glowing in a dark lit room !

-Jeremy

#34 10 years ago

We just booked our room for all three nights. Look forward to seeing everyone. Last year I had the FF speaker kits on sale and will so again this year. I will also have WOZ again and last year I had ACDC Pro with mods, now sold and Rocky which is also sold but I will bring two other pins which should be fun all weekend.

#35 10 years ago

I will bring two other pins which should be fun all weekend.

Hey Buddy, I am going to make this easy for you. You have to bring Caveman and TOM.

#36 10 years ago

Hey Buddy, I am going to make this easy for you. You have to bring Caveman and TOM.

I'd love to see a Caveman! I've maintained a fascination with with dinosaurs since I was a kid, so the theme alone makes me want one.

Non-standard pins are fun to be able to experience. It was awesome last year seeing a Joust. I wasn't even aware of the head-to-head concept (not that I was or am a seasoned pinhead). Then I learned only something like 400 were made. That made me both very appreciative of the collector who brought it and curious how anyone manages to bring valuable gems to an expo with hordes of people, who aren't necessarily going to treat these games like they should, and not babysit their game the whole time or bite their nails when they're away.

I know it's counter-intuitive to the expo format, but I think I'd be too OCD to be comfortable bringing a game I really cared about (all of them! ). I know you have to bring games in order for there to be games at the show, so how do collectors get over it and enjoy themselves, or is that not a problem for most? Even having 6 family members over the other day to play my games had me too anxious to be able to really relax and enjoy myself, not to mention random things kept breaking...

#37 10 years ago

We just booked our room for all three nights. Look forward to seeing everyone. Last year I had the FF speaker kits on sale and will so again this year. I will also have WOZ again and last year I had ACDC Pro with mods, now sold and Rocky which is also sold but I will bring two other pins which should be fun all weekend.

Those would be good! Also if you want to bring your EATPM or South Park and sell them to me that would be fantastic

also I need a set of wpc95 speakers so I'll be getting those from you

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

I know it's counter-intuitive to the expo format, but I think I'd be too OCD to be comfortable bringing a game I really cared about (all of them! ). I know you have to bring games in order for there to be games at the show, so how do collectors get over it and enjoy themselves, or is that not a problem for most? Even having 6 family members over the other day to play my games had me too anxious to be able to really relax and enjoy myself, not to mention random things kept breaking...

I have brought games every year and love bringing them. Let's be honest here most of us get a rush when someone comes to our house and plays the games and enjoy them. Now think of a line of over 5 people waiting to play the game. Most of the people that come do not own a game and come to see something they normally wouldn't see. That is why I do it.
    On a side note there are assholes there. You will see someone start game after game or shake a game a little to violently. That is where owners come in. I saw a guy mistreating a TAF last year and got pissed and went and shut it off mid ball on the guy. I have seen people shut off one of my games as well when a guy plays game after game. There is a pinhead within three feet of every game and you don't need to worry about it.

#39 10 years ago

i would very much like to bring Caveman but that pin is so not dependable. It should have been named Gremlins. I just sold my original TOM for 4700 at the last Winston Salem auction. I might get another in trade. I am open to other choices.

IMG_4577 (800x533).jpgIMG_4577 (800x533).jpg IMG_4577 (800x533)-584.jpgIMG_4577 (800x533)-584.jpg
    #40 10 years ago

I have seen people shut off one of my games as well when a guy plays game after game.

So what's the etiquette here? If I get on a game I that I want to keep playing, when I get game over I look behind me to see if anyone's waiting and go for another game if not. It seems to me like a lot of people do that and you just have to step up behind them and wait for them to get game over to get your turn. Are you talking about someone who keeps playing in spite of a line?

#41 10 years ago

I like to bring pins that will hold up during the entire event as its best for everyone to play pins that work well. Last year ACDC had over 9000 balls played and WOZ 8800 as both had long lines each day. Rocky did crap out the last day.

Only issues at Chicago were the ramp protectors came off of Diner and Tron Pro was sold. ACDC again worked like the Pro it is, so fast and great!

#42 10 years ago

Buddy. Are you bringing invisiglass again?

#43 10 years ago

i would very much like to bring Caveman but that pin is so not dependable. It should have been named Gremlins. I just sold my original TOM for 4700 at the last Winston Salem auction. I might get another in trade. I am open to other choices.

IMG_4577 (800x533).jpg 77 KB

IMG_4577 (800x533)-584.jpg 77 KB

I'd appreciate seeing AFM. I was too dumb as a kid to be interested in pinball and missed out on playing what are considered A listers today, and I'm not far enough in my life to have the disposable income to buy an A lister.

Was the Joust last year yours? It got a lot of attention from what I could tell. If you had room to bring it, I'm sure it would be appreciated again.

#44 10 years ago

So what's the etiquette here? If I get on a game I that I want to keep playing, when I get game over I look behind me to see if anyone's waiting and go for another game if not. It seems to me like a lot of people do that and you just have to step up behind them and wait for them to get game over to get your turn. Are you talking about someone who keeps playing in spite of a line?

Yeah you got it. There are some folks that start game after game, or 4 player games (and you can tell when they clearly know better).

I usually offer to play a 2 player game with the person behind me if I'm waiting in line. Not sure that's standard etiquette but it seems right to me.

#45 10 years ago

It sounds like you have it...but yes, there are some people that will just punch in game after game even if there is a line behind them. This happens at every show. I'm guessing some people don't know any better and some just don't care. There was a guy at the Louisville show last year that I heard said "I paid my admission, I can play as many games as I want".

An game play etiquette sign at the door might help with this.

#46 10 years ago

I'd appreciate seeing AFM. I was too dumb as a kid to be interested in pinball and missed out on playing what are considered A listers today, and I'm not far enough in my life to have the disposable income to buy an A lister.
    Was the Joust last year yours? It got a lot of attention from what I could tell. If you had room to bring it, I'm sure it would be appreciated again.

I just had room for three pin after meeting some there with sold pins, plus I had to leave room for Invisglass and I also had 4 video games there. I like this show as it has all aspects from my childhood and love to help it grow!

Joust was the nice lady from Cincy, she brings many nice pins including AFM. I brought Rocky as I knew that was a pin many have not seen in person.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Yeah you got it. There are some folks that start game after game, or 4 player games (and you can tell when they clearly know better).
    I usually offer to play a 2 player game with the person behind me if I'm waiting in line. Not sure that's standard etiquette but it seems right to me.

Yeah...I'll sometimes ask folk behind me if they want to party up when it gets to be my turn. If they don't, I just play my single player game and then move on afterwards to leave the game to them. I'm pretty 50 / 50 when it comes to that. It really depends on my mood more than anything. Sometimes the person in front of me will do the same...sometimes I except and sometimes I refuse and just wait for them to finish up their game.

What I wouldn't consider proper is if you just finished a single player game and then you turn to the line behind you and ask if they want to play a multiplayer game. At that point, I believe your turn is up and it would be time to move along if there is anyone behind you at all.

I also like to sometimes make a big production of checking behind me to see if their is a line behind me when I finish a game (when their isn't). Just my way of saying "See? I looked! No one was waiting so I'm playing another game."

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

It sounds like you have it...but yes, there are some people that will just punch in game after game even if there is a line behind them. This happens at every show. I'm guessing some people don't know any better and some just don't care. There was a guy at the Louisville show last year that I heard said "I paid my admission, I can play as many games as I want".
    An game play etiquette sign at the door might help with this.

With that logic, that guy would sit on a roller coaster and not get off once the ride was over. No shortage of crappy people in the world.

#49 10 years ago

haha big production. Yeah that's probably a good idea too

Another thing I like to do is look for people with a name tag that says "erik." I offer to buy any of those guys a beer because they're generally parched and also pretty awesome

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I also like to sometimes make a big production of checking behind me to see if their is a line behind me when I finish a game (when their isn't). Just my way of saying "See? I looked! No one was waiting so I'm playing another game."

Yeah, it's not just a quick glance. It has to be exaggerated movement with the whole torso and neck twisting, so you can see if anyone is waiting to the right or left behind you, while your hands are still on the game. You have to take a little bit to do it in case someone is near and wants to play and they have time to walk up and get your attention.

There are 346 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-7-9-2014?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.