(Topic ID: 71688)

Louisville Arcade Expo March 7-9 2014

By LouMatt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20140309_111327_962-301.jpg
    IMG_20140308_204918_765-890.jpg
    IMG_20140309_111410_016-189.jpg
    IMG_20140309_112410_710.jpg
    IMG_20140309_112423_229.jpg
    IMG_20140309_132336_422.jpg
    P3080060.JPG
    P3080058.JPG
    20140309_184000.jpg
    IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_20140305_183751.jpg
    IMG_20140305_183743.jpg
    IMG_1492 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_1488 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_1486 (800x533).jpg
    There are 346 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Does anybody want to help me move a pin into my house (in Jeff) Sunday night? I live just off of Veteran's Pkwy.
    There could be some awesome "Belgian Style" Brother Thelonious draft beer and pinball involved...

PM Sent.

#252 10 years ago
    Quoted from gester2k:

That Tron Pro is more amazing than I thought it was going to be, but it's a bit out of my range. Anyone bringing a Transformers LE to the show for sale? I'll be out Saturday morning after the Rodes City Run 10K looking for something to buy.
    Who else is looking forward to some Wick's Pizza? Really look forward to getting that every year now.

I sold one a lightly routed one for a great price to Pinsider ElectricCircuit who has not picked it up yet. Contact him as I can bring it to the Expo for free. Pics are under the thread http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/transformers-limited-edition-decepticon-number-008-of-125-for-sale.

I will have some extra McKee Transformers toppers for sale at our booth.

#253 10 years ago

I followed up with ElectricCircuit but that might be a long shot since he paid for it already. I don't feel comfortable trying to make a three way payment for the Transformers. Thanks though.

#254 10 years ago

You could pay him and I can bring it up at no extra charge. I just did this for another seller on the way to JJP today. Sine I am going to the show its no big deal. I am sure Jason's will be great but wanted to give you an option in case his sells quick.

#255 10 years ago

I will have a HUO TSPP with a few plays over the 9 years but a one owner is hard to come by. It will still be a one owner until it becomes mine on Friday after I make the trade with HUO Xmen Pro with a shaker motor. The pin will be listed for sale, I would like to take it home but tax season is here so I will list it for what he was asking 4500

Pics here in the old trade thread http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-huo-tspp-southern-in-louisville-ky-area

With the prices of new in box still rising I could only imagine TSPP would be priced like a 6500 premium if released today.

#256 10 years ago

A couple of last minute show items:

Python will be skyping into the John Trudeau seminar on Saturday (health permitting of course)

Looks like Illinois Pinball / Gene Cunningham won't be at the show this year after all.

#257 10 years ago

Thanks Matt for mentioning Python in this thread.I started a new one but I think it got lost. We are really hoping Python is up to it, and if so he will be joining in with John Trudeau around 4pm est. John is going to head up the Q&A session.

This is included in the show admission. If you can't make it, we will have it being audio streamed through broken token. PAPA will be recording it too (not sure if that will be a live video stream or not).

#258 10 years ago

Here is the link to the other write up if you want to check that out on John and Python
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/john-trudeau-and-python-louisville-arcade-expo

#259 10 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Looks like Illinois Pinball / Gene Cunningham won't be at the show this year after all.

That's unfortunate. I hope there's another vendor selling playfield glass.

#260 10 years ago
    Quoted from gester2k:

Who else is looking forward to some Wick's Pizza? Really look forward to getting that every year now.

That will be my first stop tomorrow before the expo opens. So nice to have Wicks right there!

#261 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jnewton:

That will be my first stop tomorrow before the expo opens. So nice to have Wicks right there!

Last year I was there and they were PACKED. I waited for 30 minutes at the door until a table opened up and the group of guys in front of us (they go for the console games) were nice enough to let us join them. We sat there for 45 minutes without anyone coming up to get a drink order. Stood at the bar for 10 minutes to try to grab a beer and finally gave up. Probably just going to order for delivery to my room from now on.

#262 10 years ago

I'll just copy paste from the other topic:

Quoted from pinballj:

John Trudeau is our guest speaker at the Louisville Arcade Expo this Saturday March 8th at 3pm est.

Today, we found out that Python Anghelo is willing to Skype in for the seminar session! As long as Python is still up for doing it this Saturday, he will be Skyping in at 4pm est. A very big thanks to Jonathan Joosten at Pinball Magazine, and James Loflin at Pinball Inc. for making this possible.

Having John as our featured speaker is amazing. With Python, it is unbelievable. "Dr. Flash" will be guiding the Q&A session with Python. If you are not going to the Louisville Arcade Expo, no worries. You can still listen and possibly watch the seminar online, thanks to our friends at Broken Token (Whitney and Brent), and PAPA.

Broken Token will have live audio streaming during the entire show, including the seminars. With Louisville being one of the PAPA pinball circuit stops, our friends at PAPA will try to do some recording as well (on how the tournament is going though, so don't blame them if it doesn't happen haha).

The entire recorded video seminar of John and Python will be available later on BrokenToken.com.

Someone will definitely post the links to the seminar and the show on Pinside and Facebook on Saturday. If you can make it to show your support though, please do so.

Anyone have a TM:BOP they would like to bring for the seminar?

-Jeremy

#263 10 years ago

Heading down there for my first time at this show... looking forward to it.
    Coming down with an empty pickup, keeping an eye out for cheap projects.

#264 10 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Last year I was there and they were PACKED. I waited for 30 minutes at the door until a table opened up and the group of guys in front of us (they go for the console games) were nice enough to let us join them. We sat there for 45 minutes without anyone coming up to get a drink order. Stood at the bar for 10 minutes to try to grab a beer and finally gave up. Probably just going to order for delivery to my room from now on.

I'm assuming this is at night? I usually pop in at lunch time(11:30-12:30) and don't have any issues. I agree that what you went though sounds ridiculous!

#265 10 years ago

Getting ready to leave - Iron man and I will see everybody there!

#266 10 years ago

If anybody is up for a trip, New Albanian Brewery and Pizzaria is awesome. It is in New Albany.

#267 10 years ago

For the hungry expo fans, really close you also have:
    Shalimar - Excellent Indian food
    BW3's - for the wing lovers
    Wicks - Excellent pizza
    Skyline - for the cinci chili fans
    Mussel and burger bar - for the meat and shell fish fans. Amazing burgers and good drink list!
    There is also BD's Mongolian grill kind of novelty but cool. They cook your stuff with swords on open flame.

The Mussel, Wick's, and Shalimar are can't miss local fare. IMHO.

P.S. When I say close I mean less than two miles close.

#268 10 years ago

I'll be hitting up AtG brewery for lunch on Saturday. Apparently they have fantastic beer and food. If anyone is interested in joining me and my friend, PM me and we can arrange something!

#269 10 years ago

Man wish I were there Saturday! Fantastic beer and food is so my thing! I really only get to Louisville for the show and I'll have to try one of these places this time

#270 10 years ago
    Quoted from NoCashValue:

My own fault for not knowing I could attend earlier than today, but the show hotel is overbooked, much less with any rooms for the $69/night rate. Does anyone know if the organizers have an overflow hotel nearby with a good rate or if there are any hotels nearby that won't cost an arm and a leg? After gas and an 8-hour car ride, the $100+ hotel/night could kill the trip for me. Thanks in advance!

Unlike last year, when there was "some horse race thing" in town the same weekend, rooms are plentiful. On Monday night, I booked a decent hotel a block away from the show on Priceline for $31/night for Friday and Saturday nights. True story. It was almost the same deal two years ago.

-Mark

#271 10 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I had the EXACT same experience. Sort of....

It was just me and the wife.... and we waited forever........ no drinks, nothing. Went to the bar and waited somemore..

So we went to the room and ordered ........

And then went down to get our dinner....

And the whole thing started over again.

I sure hope it's better this time...

#272 10 years ago
    Quoted from Geremy13:

I had the EXACT same experience. Sort of....
    It was just me and the wife.... and we waited forever........ no drinks, nothing. Went to the bar and waited somemore..
    So we went to the room and ordered ........
    And then went down to get our dinner....
    And the whole thing started over again.
    I sure hope it's better this time...

The past two years I have been to Wick's in the Ramada during the show...and the service was more than slow. I am talking about dinner and late night. They didn't seem to be staffed up for the show, like it didn't exist.

The first time I ordered a take out sandwich in person at the front...that is, when I finally found the hostess. They told me 20-30 minutes, and it ended up being over an hour...beyond bad.

Last year we had a group of maybe 6 people for dinner, and we probably waited almost as long for our food.

Also, when I have asked what time they close, it wasn't even that late for a weekend, especially with a huge show packing the hotel...they told me they sometimes close early.

There was also only one bartender when it was packed.

I seriously don't understand that place, and unfortunately, they're the only thing in the hotel.

I guess they're not used to the hotel being busy to give them serious business.

-Mark

#273 10 years ago

It was great meeting some of you tonight. I wish safe travel for those who haven't made it yet.

I'm glad I got in early enough to nab 5 playfield glasses.

#274 10 years ago

I am going to take advantage of the ColorDMD special and take The Addams Family pin with a color DMD along with TSPP (already at the show) The lineup may change some as I have had several offers on Tron Pro and I do not blame a couple of them not wanting all the plays from the show on their new Tron Pro.

I sold all of the WOZ pins I had in stock and just picked up. One was a cancel and then he decided to go ahead and get it. I have no hard feelings as everyone is tired of waiting but its the way it is. Pinside post worked too good so I will be making another donation soon. I am working now to see if I can pick up another WOZ from my route over the weekend so one will still be at the show.

Thanks to George, Jeffrey, Harry and Brian for working with us on delivery today and yesterday. of the new WOZ pins. A big thanks to Dennis (wvpinball) for allowing my worker to pick up the Indy pin, this morning around 4am. Its my 9 year old son's favorite pin and the only one I have ever lost out the back of the company pickup truck. I will work hard on the phone to find you a ST:LE I cant believe I could have had one for 7100 and I took it al the way to New Jersey yesterday as I have another friend wanting one. I found him one and now I try to tap that well again.

See everyone this weekend at the show!
    Buddy

IMG_20140305_183743.jpgIMG_20140305_183743.jpg IMG_20140305_183751.jpgIMG_20140305_183751.jpg
    #275 10 years ago
    Quoted from Vet-N-Vet:

I'm planning on bringing a super nice Special Force.

SpecialForce 008.jpg 52 KB

Sweet! Always wanted to play one of these

#276 10 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

I'll be hitting up AtG brewery for lunch on Saturday. Apparently they have fantastic beer and food. If anyone is interested in joining me and my friend, PM me and we can arrange something!

I would also recommend Zbar. Food is fine. Their beer selection is great and they are bringing several pins to the show. Best part is they have several more at the bar.

#277 10 years ago
    Quoted from TurboBengal:

I would also recommend Zbar. Food is fine. Their beer selection is great and they are bringing several pins to the show. Best part is they have several more at the bar.

Zbar, huh? I just checked it out on Google. Could be a really cool place to hit up. It's hard since I don't get down to Louisville like, ever...Good food and beer to be had everywhere is definitely a wrench in my plans!

#278 10 years ago
    Quoted from TurboBengal:

Couldn't agree more. Great food and all kinds of specialty brews

#279 10 years ago
    Quoted from TurboBengal:

I'll second that.

#280 10 years ago

I like some of the wacky restaurants over in Jeffersonville (I think it is). Not only do they have a JERRY'S (or did when I was there a couple years ago), which I haven't seen since I was a kid, but a place called MOBY DICK.

It's a WHALE OF A SANDWICH!

IMG_0209.JPGIMG_0209.JPG IMG_0212.JPGIMG_0212.JPG
    #281 10 years ago

If you are in Jeff, check out Mai's Thai. Doesn't look like much from the outside but great Thai food!

#282 10 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

I like some of the wacky restaurants over in Jeffersonville (I think it is). Not only do they have a JERRY'S (or did when I was there a couple years ago), which I haven't seen since I was a kid, but a place called MOBY DICK.
    It's a WHALE OF A SANDWICH!

Crazy....I used to eat lunch there when I worked at the census bureau many many years ago. I forgot about that place.

#283 10 years ago

I just got to Louisville sorry for the delay. Snow, inside flat tire and longer delay in getting other pins delivered all contributed to the delay. I will be here all day Sat and Sun. I will be unloading the below pins in 25 minutes. Somebody want to help for a free Jersey Jack T-shirt?

WOZ not for sale as its my route pin but is here for everyone to play for free! No Pay, just ignore the dollar bill and coin slots.
    TAF with color DMD Nice condition priced at 4900 as the color dmd is over 400 dollars plus so that puts the value at the very affordable price of 4500 I have a New playfield for it that I will sell to the buyer for 800 if he or she wants it. I just found a HEP TAF pin so I would like to see if I can sell this one to help pay for it.
    ACDC Pro with original great face with mods to the max. The same pin I had at the show last year. I have the Hell(EN) package that can go with the buyer if he or she wants it. Pin priced to sell at 4800 New in box is 4300 to 4500 so this with shaker motor and speaker kit plus all the other mods. Come play it and see how fast it is!
    TSPP The Simpsons Pinball Party is a true HUO one owner that I just traded for, priced at 4500
    Tron Pro Ultimate Max edition. All the mods and excitement of the movie in this incredible package. Was not supposed to be on the truck but it is to my surprise so I guess it going into the Expo. Priced way less that Hooked or Centerflank's but not exactly cheap either. How about 7k

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Lots of table goodies, from speaker kits, shaker motors, t-shirts, New Old Stock Xmen card packs at 50 cents each and Xmen stickers for only a 25 each. Over 15 boxes of Comic books most from the early 1980's

Buddy
    Mountain Entertainment
    Cell 276-219-4663

#284 10 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

I just got to Louisville sorry for the delay. Snow, inside flat tire and longer delay in getting other pins delivered all contributed to the delay. I will be here all day Sat and Sun. I will be unloading the below pins in 25 minutes. Somebody want to help for a free Jersey Jack T-shirt?

I looked for you all afternoon.I have to work on a house this morning will be to the show in the afternoon.Hope you have the latest code on WOZ,I can't wait to try it!sorry about your troubles,See Ya there!!

#285 10 years ago

Pictures, videos, impressions welcome... I am especially interested in Skit-B and Python talks... and Predator of course. Can't make it this year, hopefully next !

#286 10 years ago

Me and the wife went Friday and got there as soon as the doors opened. Played everything a couple times before we cut out....First time that I got to spend some time on AC/DC Premium, and it was awesome, played smooth and was in really nice shape. Whoever bought the WCS 94; kudos to you as it was lit up beautifully and played excellently. Some of the 90's games looked outdated next to AC/DC and Metallica, but not this game. Played the Metallica that Phoebe and her husband brought and it looked and played amazing! I thanked them for bringing such an awesome game as I rarely get to see any newer Sterns, and they were very gracious and chatted with me a bit about it. Of course it was cool to play Joust and Varkon as well. My wife liked the CFTBL the best I think as it was lit beautifully and had the cool LCD mod in the playfield window. I got a game in on Predator, and it appears well-made and I think the owners will be happy with the end result, especially for the price. Picked up some regular and Pin2k playfield glass and a couple cool Bally logo pinball hats as well. Sadly, Friday is the only day I could make it and I am sure there will be more games there Sat/Sun, so if you are on the fence about going, don't be as it is an excellent time.

#287 10 years ago

This will be my third year of attending this show, and just want to say how much bigger the show is this year than in the past. There were a lot more pinball machines than the previous shows, in fact probably more than the arcade games.

This expo is really coming along nicely, as everyone who helps organize this event should be congratulated. Also, several more vendors were here and I am expecting even more pinball machines Saturday.

#288 10 years ago
    Quoted from knobstone:

This will be my third year of attending this show, and just want to say how much bigger the show is this year than in the past. There were a lot more pinball machines than the previous shows, in fact probably more than the arcade games.
    This expo is really coming along nicely, as everyone who helps organize this event should be congratulated. Also, several more vendors were here and I am expecting even more pinball machines Saturday.

Man, you ain't kiddin'!!... The number of pins EXPLODED this year over last!! It's a good thing it's such a large venue because I only see this show growing in the years to come. There are tons of games this year and it STILL doesn't feel cramped at all... Plenty of room to have even more games next year. Just tighten the rows up some and there's still plenty of people room... Awesome venue!!!!

-Steve Ridge

#289 10 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Man, you ain't kiddin'!!... The number of pins EXPLODED this year over last!! It's a good thing it's such a large venue because I only see this show growing in the years to come. There are tons of games this year and it STILL doesn't feel cramped at all... Plenty of room to have even more games next year. Just tighten the rows up some and there's still plenty of people room... Awesome venue!!!!
    -Steve Ridge

I agree Steve! Great turnout of games so far. Huge thanks to all that brought them. We can easily tighten up the layout and fit some more in

-Jeremy

#290 10 years ago

Hi all, in case if anyone is wanting the live streaming link (they are setting up again now for today).
    It is: http://mixlr.com/brokentoken

This will also be the live audio feed for John Trudeau and Python Anghelo later today starting at 3pm est.

Thanks!

#291 10 years ago

Wonder if there will be a bathroom thread just like the one for the Ohio show

#292 10 years ago

Had an incredible time yesterday! Playing so many pins I had only seen pictures of was magical, haha.

That said, I have one complaint that was echoed by a lot of folks waiting in line to play games...Lighting. A few games were impossible to play because the playfields were crazy dark. It was too hard to see anything going on. But that's a minor complaint given the generosity of free play extravaganza!

#293 10 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

A few games were impossible to play because the playfields were crazy dark. It was too hard to see anything going on. But that's a minor complaint given the generosity of free play extravaganza!

That's a difficult balancing act to pull off. Last year, the pins were set up on the same side as the PAPA pins. The overhead lights cast horrific glare on the playfield glass. Given the choice, I'd much rather play in the darkened area.

This show continues to grow and the spectrum of games available on free play is quite spectacular.

This is my third time to the show. When I went to my first show, I didn't own a pin. Now I've got 7.

Thank you to all the people that work to put this show together and the folks that bring their pins. I brought 4 this year and look forward to doing it again next year.

#294 10 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

Had an incredible time yesterday! Playing so many pins I had only seen pictures of was magical, haha.
    That said, I have one complaint that was echoed by a lot of folks waiting in line to play games...Lighting. A few games were impossible to play because the playfields were crazy dark. It was too hard to see anything going on. But that's a minor complaint given the generosity of free play extravaganza!

For many games I think being in low light is preferrable so that their imperfections from years of abuse aren't visible. The only game that stands out for me as nearly unplayable in the dark is the F14 that was there. I don't know if it was just because of LEDs or if it's a generally dark game. The GI in most other games seemed more than adequate.

#295 10 years ago

And maybe it's just me being new to the hobby that I'm not used to the way lighting is supposed to be. It was all wonderful, it was just tough. Some games were definitely better than others. That F-14 you're speaking of was impossible to play, haha. My friend and I both tried it and agreed that the lights looked awesome, but the game was too tough to see.

Unrelated, is anyone still at the show? I am really interested in the SF2 machine that's there but didn't get the guy's info. PM me if so!

#296 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jnewton:

Whoever bought the WCS 94; kudos to you as it was lit up beautifully and played excellently. Some of the 90's games looked outdated next to AC/DC and Metallica, but not this game.

Couldn't agree any more. This game looked amazing and played very well.

After reading for months about it, I finally got a turn on the Whirlwind at the show. And kept on playing as there wasn't much of a line, ever. Now, if I could only find a Whirlwind to buy...

#297 10 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

And maybe it's just me being new to the hobby that I'm not used to the way lighting is supposed to be. It was all wonderful, it was just tough. Some games were definitely better than others. That F-14 you're speaking of was impossible to play, haha. My friend and I both tried it and agreed that the lights looked awesome, but the game was too tough to see.
    Unrelated, is anyone still at the show? I am really interested in the SF2 machine that's there but didn't get the guy's info. PM me if so!

I think the SF2 was from Mark's Pinball in Cincinnati. Try here http://markspinball.com/contact

#298 10 years ago
    Quoted from HeyNow:

I think the SF2 was from Mark's Pinball in Cincinnati. Try here http://markspinball.com/contact

Yup - called and left him a message. Thanks!

#299 10 years ago

Anyone get to play predator? It was off Saturday through Sunday.

#300 10 years ago

Oh man... The Louisville show blew the Ohio show OUT of the water this year!

One show on the rise, the other felt like it was on the decline. Way to go, Louisville!!

There are 346 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-7-9-2014/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.