5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 346 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by WeirPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 58 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20140309_111327_962-301.jpg
    IMG_20140308_204918_765-890.jpg
    IMG_20140309_111410_016-189.jpg
    IMG_20140309_112410_710.jpg
    IMG_20140309_112423_229.jpg
    IMG_20140309_132336_422.jpg
    P3080060.JPG
    P3080058.JPG
    20140309_184000.jpg
    IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0212.JPG
    IMG_20140305_183751.jpg
    IMG_20140305_183743.jpg
    IMG_1492 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_1488 (800x533).jpg
    IMG_1486 (800x533).jpg

There are 346 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.
    #151 5 years ago

Less than two weeks, looking forward to my fourth year at the show.

I'll be there looking for a Tron... I've regretted not picking up the NIB last year.

If anything else catches my eye, I'll have to pick it up. Thanks to everyone ahead of time!

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from gester2k:

Less than two weeks, looking forward to my fourth year at the show.
    I'll be there looking for a Tron... I've regretted not picking up the NIB last year.
    If anything else catches my eye, I'll have to pick it up. Thanks to everyone ahead of time!

I would call and see if Trent at Tilt Amusements (www.tiltamusements.com) still has a NIB Tron Pro. If he does you could ask and see if he would be able to bring it with him and save you some shipping. I talked to him last year at the Ohio show about a NIB Tron and he offered the same thing... But I chickened out! Didn't have the cash and didn't want to use credit.

-Steve Ridge

#153 5 years ago

I won't be able to take a game for free play this year as I'll be there just a couple hours on Friday. If anyone is interested in buying/trading for a huo SC pm me and we may be able to meet up

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

The past 3 years I've walked through the console area but never played a game... Just might have to play some Parsec this year!!
    -Steve Ridge

That computer has the best port of Burgertime too! Played it all the time!

#155 5 years ago

I'll be bringing my WCS with Pinballbulbs LED kit.

#156 5 years ago

WCS is one of the few games I really look forward to playing every year when I go. I can't wait. Thanks jeff for bringing the game.

#157 5 years ago

14 days to go..... YEAH!

#158 5 years ago

Any word on times for qualifying for the pinball tournament?

#159 5 years ago

Anyone bringing non-glare glass for sale?

#160 5 years ago

I'm trying to decide what to bring. I have a Rockola World Series and a Rockola Jigsaw but not sure anyone would like to see them. Or I can bring some newer stuff.

Opinions?

Larry
    flipnoutpinball.com

#161 5 years ago
    Quoted from williams:

Any word on times for qualifying for the pinball tournament?

All day Friday and Saturday for the Main with finals on Sunday. Classics will be all day Friday and then cut off Saturday sometime in the evening with the classics finals Saturday night.

http://papa.org/ai1ec_event/louisville-arcade-expo/?instance_id

#162 5 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

I'm trying to decide what to bring. I have a Rockola World Series and a Rockola Jigsaw but not sure anyone would like to see them. Or I can bring some newer stuff.
    Opinions?
    Larry
    flipnoutpinball.com

These look pretty cool - always neat to see the old stuff!

#163 5 years ago

Any word on who, if any, pin parts resellers will be at the show? Was hoping to maybe pick up a few parts there and save on shipping...

#164 5 years ago

Looking to buy a TSPP or ACDC pro at the show, let me know if you've got one!

#165 5 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Any word on who, if any, pin parts resellers will be at the show? Was hoping to maybe pick up a few parts there and save on shipping...

As far as pinball parts go Illinois pinball will be there along with Rottendog and Starship Fantasy.

#166 5 years ago

Awesome, thanks!

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

As far as pinball parts go Illinois pinball will be there along with Rottendog and Starship Fantasy.

I hear Rob Anthony of LockWhenLit.com will be there.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#168 5 years ago

Sorry About that Rob!

#169 5 years ago
    Quoted from flipnout1:

Opinions?
    Larry
    flipnoutpinball.com

I would LOVE to see and play those vintage games!

-Steve

#170 5 years ago

Pre-registration closes this Saturday March 1st. Less than 2 weeks away now, crazy.

#171 5 years ago

Might anyone be bringing a WWF Royal Rumble that would consider selling? Feel free to post or PM me, gracias.

#172 5 years ago

PAPA Circuit event question. Last year there was a WPPR cutoff to be eligible for B division playoffs. IIRC it was 250. Is that the way it will be this year as well?

Will there be a B division this year?

#173 5 years ago

What time will the Zanzabar Pre-Louisville Arcade Expo tournament start on the Tuesday before the LAX?

-Steve

#174 5 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

What time will the Zanzabar Pre-Louisville Arcade Expo tournament start on the Tuesday before the LAX?
    -Steve

According to Zbar - it will be at 10pm like the normal Tuesday tournaments.

#175 5 years ago

Is there a game list for the tournament? Are there multiple divisions?

#176 5 years ago

Any pinball tournament questions should probably just be sent to PAPA since they are bringing the games for the tournament and running it.

#177 5 years ago

I am excited to announce, that Classic Playfield Reproductions just shipped some backglasses for our prize giveaways!!!

CPR donated a Centaur, Whirlwind, Target Alpha, and Space Mission backglass!

These are going to be in the prize drawing for the collectors that brought machines to our show. It looks like our prize pool is going to be bigger than last year and includes prizes from the following:

CPR
    Stern
    Lock When Lit / Rob Anthony
    Illinois Pinball
    PAPA
    Pinball Life
    Rottendog
    Starship Fantasy

Just one week away!

#178 5 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

PAPA Circuit event question. Last year there was a WPPR cutoff to be eligible for B division playoffs. IIRC it was 250. Is that the way it will be this year as well?
    Will there be a B division this year?

There will be a B division and IFPA cutoff will be 300.

#179 5 years ago
    Quoted from ShootForSlrValue:

Is there a game list for the tournament? Are there multiple divisions?

Game list isn't solidified, as I know PAPA is trying to source some games from other folks.

I'm bringing Spider-man for the tournament and unless work stuff comes up, will also bring 3 other games. Globetrotters, MM, Congo most likely, Tron is an alternate, but I Tron has been at so many tournaments lately, rather skip it.

I know Trent is bringing a few games, most likely Trek and ACDC, but depends on if he sells them at the Ohio Show, so they could change.

I know F14 and maybe Mousin Around are likely coming too.

#180 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

Game list isn't solidified, as I know PAPA is trying to source some games from other folks.
    I'm bringing Spider-Man for the tournament and unless work stuff comes up, will also bring 3 other games. Globetrotters, MM, Congo most likely, Tron is an alternate, but I Tron has been at so many tournaments lately, rather skip it.
    I know Trent is bringing a few games, most likely Trek and ACDC, but depends on if he sells them at the Ohio Show, so they could change.

It's official. The Louisville show has now attracted the top gun. No use in us novices competing. LOL

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from treborlicec:

It's official. The Louisville show has now attracted the top gun. No use in us novices competing. LOL

Are you talking about Trent? He's been there the last two years

There is a B division as well.....

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

Are you talking about Trent? He's been there the last two years
    There is a B division as well.....

Well, Trent and the big OH crew. Andy is great too. Josh Henderson comes here. We seem to be attracting more and more top tier players.

#183 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

There will be a B division and IFPA cutoff will be 300.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.(this coming from someone ranked JUST under 250!)

#184 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

I'm bringing Spider-Man for the tournament and unless work stuff comes up, will also bring 3 other games. Globetrotters, MM, Congo most likely, Tron is an alternate, but I Tron has been at so many tournaments lately, rather skip it.

Without Tron that is eight games. Room for one more. Come on, Genesis! Or hey, Mark could bring Robocop!

#185 5 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Without Tron that is eight games. Room for one more. Come on, Genesis! Or hey, Mark could bring Robocop!

There will be other games. I'm just hoping to bring 4 for the tournament and 2 for friends to put in the show.

I can do without Genesis, but wouldn't mind other odd-ball games like TX, Hoops and Stargate.

#186 5 years ago
    Quoted from treborlicec:

Well, Trent and the big OH crew. Andy is great too. Josh Henderson comes here. We seem to be attracting more and more top tier players.

Well making it a PAPA circuit event does that Being a growing and an excellent diverse show doesn't hurt either!!

#187 5 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Thank you, thank you, thank you.(this coming from someone ranked JUST under 250!)

Ouch. Guess I read that wrong. I will just have to bring my "A" game!

#188 5 years ago

Tournament details posted on the PAPA blog.

"The Louisville Arcade Expo Circuit event is quickly approaching. We encourage all competitors to head to Kentucky and join us for this event. If you can’t make it, be sure to check back here on Saturday evening and Sunday for our live broadcast on PAPAtv.

PAPA Circuit Event
    Qualifying Format: Modified Best-Game. Players will compete on nine total machines, with their best five results counting toward their overall qualifying score.
    Finals Format: PAPA-Style, 16 total qualifiers
    Timing: Qualifying for the main event will run from 2pm on Friday until 11pm on Saturday. Finals are tentatively scheduled from 10am to 4pm on Sunday. We may attempt to start finals earlier on Sunday, if possible. If a change occurs, all affected players will be notified.
    B Division: Eight Players will qualify for the B Division. Any player who is ranked 300 or higher in the WPPR is eligible. The games and qualifying schedule will match the Division A details above.

Classics Event
    Qualifying Format: Modified Best-Game. Players will compete on six total machines, with their best four results counting toward their overall qualifying score.
    Finals Format: 16 Qualifiers, Head-to-Head, Single Elimination, Best two games out of three.
    Timing: Qualifying for the Classics event will run from 2pm on Friday until Saturday at 5pm. Classics finals will begin Saturday at 5:30pm

Cost: $10 per three games of tournament play.

PAPA rules will be used in all situations. The list of games to be used will be posted when it becomes available. We are also attempting to run a Kids tournament. More details will be posted when they are available."

#189 5 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

I would call and see if Trent at Tilt Amusements (www.tiltamusements.com) still has a NIB Tron Pro. If he does you could ask and see if he would be able to bring it with him and save you some shipping. I talked to him last year at the Ohio show about a NIB Tron and he offered the same thing... But I chickened out! Didn't have the cash and didn't want to use credit.
    -Steve Ridge

He had two of these at the OH show for 6K each

#190 5 years ago

I could bring a really nice Tron Pro with all the mods, if NIB is 6000 then one true HUO low play with shaker motor, custom side rails and lockbar, FF speaker kit, Cliffy's, Tron arcade mod 2.1,Flynn sign, Hallmark cycles, Girls translight, mirror blades, ramp protectors included as this was from the last run in March 2013 from the Stern factory for 6500.

PM or email me for pics.
    Buddy
    herron.buddy@gmail.com

#191 5 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Tournament details posted on the PAPA blog.
    "The Louisville Arcade Expo Circuit event is quickly approaching. We encourage all competitors to head to Kentucky and join us for this event. If you can’t make it, be sure to check back here on Saturday evening and Sunday for our live broadcast on PAPAtv.
    PAPA Circuit Event
    Qualifying Format: Modified Best-Game. Players will compete on nine total machines, with their best five results counting toward their overall qualifying score.
    Finals Format: PAPA-Style, 16 total qualifiers
    Timing: Qualifying for the main event will run from 2pm on Friday until 11pm on Saturday. Finals are tentatively scheduled from 10am to 4pm on Sunday. We may attempt to start finals earlier on Sunday, if possible. If a change occurs, all affected players will be notified.
    B Division: Eight Players will qualify for the B Division. Any player who is ranked 300 or higher in the WPPR is eligible. The games and qualifying schedule will match the Division A details above.
    Classics Event
    Qualifying Format: Modified Best-Game. Players will compete on six total machines, with their best four results counting toward their overall qualifying score.
    Finals Format: 16 Qualifiers, Head-to-Head, Single Elimination, Best two games out of three.
    Timing: Qualifying for the Classics event will run from 2pm on Friday until Saturday at 5pm. Classics finals will begin Saturday at 5:30pm
    Cost: $10 per three games of tournament play.
    PAPA rules will be used in all situations. The list of games to be used will be posted when it becomes available. We are also attempting to run a Kids tournament. More details will be posted when they are available."

Are they going to run a "B" division in Classics? They took players 17-24 last year.

#192 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChadNC:

Are they going to run a "B" division in Classics? They took players 17-24 last year.

I'll talk to Mark about it. Honestly, I don't remember a B division for Classics, but truthfully things are a blur from last year.

Game list is almost finalized and will be posted soon. If anyone wants to lend one, let myself or Mark/PAPA know

#193 5 years ago

My own fault for not knowing I could attend earlier than today, but the show hotel is overbooked, much less with any rooms for the $69/night rate. Does anyone know if the organizers have an overflow hotel nearby with a good rate or if there are any hotels nearby that won't cost an arm and a leg? After gas and an 8-hour car ride, the $100+ hotel/night could kill the trip for me. Thanks in advance!

#194 5 years ago

There are lots of places within very short driving distance. Try Jeffersonville and Clarksville Indiana if your louisville options aren't panning out. 10-15 minute drive time.

#195 5 years ago

If you stay down the road a ways you can do the Bourbon Trail Tour. You might not make the show and you may not even care!

#196 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChadNC:

Yes. There will be a B division in Classics. The PAPA website has been updated to reflect this addition.

#197 5 years ago
    Quoted from NoCashValue:

My own fault for not knowing I could attend earlier than today, but the show hotel is overbooked, much less with any rooms for the $69/night rate. Does anyone know if the organizers have an overflow hotel nearby with a good rate or if there are any hotels nearby that won't cost an arm and a leg? After gas and an 8-hour car ride, the $100+ hotel/night could kill the trip for me. Thanks in advance!

8 hours? How fast are you driving?

We will be there I hope around 5 or 6pm Friday

#198 5 years ago
    Quoted from NoCashValue:

I am fortunate that my wife booked this months ahead. But I will make sure that she checks with the Hotel and confirms that we are not one that will get 'bumped' in the case of overbooking like the airlines do.

For yourself, you can 'priceline' the Louisville downtown area 3-1/2 stars and you will find really nice Hotels for well under $100.....

#199 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

I'll talk to Mark about it. Honestly, I don't remember a B division for Classics, but truthfully things are a blur from last year.
    Game list is almost finalized and will be posted soon. If anyone wants to lend one, let myself or Mark/PAPA know

Yea. I was in it.. Had fun

Quoted from mhs:

Yes. There will be a B division in Classics. The PAPA website has been updated to reflect this addition.

Thanks for the update.

#200 5 years ago

I vote not to start the Sunday finals any earlier than the scheduled time of 10AM. I was there last year and with the time change occurring Sat. night it is brutal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.50
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
    Project Pinball Charity
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 27.99
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 254.99
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.00
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    There are 346 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside