Forum Topic

Forum » Events & locations » Events » Louisville Arcade Expo March 7-9 2014

Louisville Arcade Expo March 7-9 2014

10
Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders.

By LouMatt

1 year ago


Stats

  • Started 1 year ago
  • 346 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by WeirPinball

Find posts in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!



There are 346 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
12
#1 1 year ago

The 4th Annual Louisville Arcade Expo is being held once again at the Ramada Plaza in Louisville, KY, March 7-9 2014. Three days of retro gaming - including pinball, video arcades, classic consoles and computers. Our pinball tournament is the last stop on the PAPA circuit before the finals and is ran by the PAPA people. We'll have costume contests, console tournaments, music, seminars, a charity raffle, and more!

We have a room rate of $69.95 at the Ramada Plaza which is conveniently located at the corner of I-64 and Hurstbourne Lane in Louisville Ky (9700 Bluegrass Parkway, Louisville, KY 40299). The hotel has an airport shuttle, so fly in, take the shuttle, and have a good time. The hotel is located near many restaurants and other activities. To reserve a room, just give them a call and mention you are attending our show 1-502-491-4830.

Bring a full size pinball or arcade video game and get a free admission for each game you bring! Give us a heads up by registering your games on our website if you are planning on doing this to help with our layout planning. For every game you bring and every day the game is at the show in playing condition, you will be entered into a drawing for door prizes. Last year we gave away a lot of awesome stuff from CPR.

Pre-Register and save! Just $33 dollars for a weekend pass right now! Visit our website for more information: http://www.LouisvilleArcade.com

Find us on facebook at facebook.com/LouisvilleArcade

Thanks and we're looking forward to seeing everyone again!


#2 1 year ago

I've had a great time the past couple of year at the show. A great blend of vids, pins and consoles. I'm looking forward to it.


#3 1 year ago

Two thumbs up.


#4 1 year ago

I couldn't come last year. I don't plan on missing this time.


#5 1 year ago

Me and my wife are going to attend for our (delayed) honeymoon, March cant come soon enough.


#6 1 year ago
Hougie said:

I couldn't come last year. I don't plan on missing this time.

What's this? Another Pinsider in Jeffersonville? Are there more of us?

At any rate, I've thoroughly enjoyed the expo every year so far and I'm looking forward to the upcoming event.


#7 1 year ago

Had a great time last year. Really looking forward to it. Louisville puts on a great show.


#8 1 year ago

Looking forward to it too!


#9 1 year ago

This looks like a fun event. The Ohio Pinball Show is the weekend prior. How many pinball machines are in Louisville vs. an event like the Ohio show? Can't really go to both.


#10 1 year ago

I can't wait. Now I just have to figure out what to bring.


#11 1 year ago

Don't forget to call and book your room (1-502-491-4830) and ask for the show rate...rooms are filling up and are usually sold out the weekend of the show.

Pre-registration rates are $15 a day and $35 a weekend. At the door the price will be $20 and $45, so pre-register and save.

We'll post more updates about this years show to the site soon as well. Thanks!


#12 1 year ago

Always a great show!Hope someone brings a STLE and a WOZ with the latest code.


#13 1 year ago
futurepinhead said:

I can't wait. Now I just have to figure out what to bring.

Bring that Funhouse for sure,I still have my truck.


#14 1 year ago

I'm planning on bringing the following :
- Creature from the Black Lagoon with the LCD mod
- AC/DC pro, heavily modded
- Chicago Cubs Triple Play
- Bobby Orr Power Play

When is the venue open and available to set up pins?


#15 1 year ago
scooter said:

Always a great show!Hope someone brings a STLE and a WOZ with the latest code.

Gotta you covered on WOZ


#16 1 year ago

Loved my wife and I's first visit to the show last year! I just need to try and get the weekend off from the new job. I have my Swords of Fury I can bring, but it's condition is a little rough (the usuall drop spot underneath the upper playfield) and I feel it would be like taking a clunker to a car show.


#17 1 year ago
doughslingers said:

Gotta you covered on WOZ

Thanks Buddy,will see you there!


#18 1 year ago

I'm going to try and make it for the first time.


#19 1 year ago
MadPole said:

I'm planning on bringing the following :
- Creature from the Black Lagoon with the LCD mod
- AC/DC pro, heavily modded
- Chicago Cubs Triple Play
- Bobby Orr Power Play
When is the venue open and available to set up pins?

Great games! We'll be setting up Thursday, so if anyone is bringing games that is the best day to do it.


#20 1 year ago
doughslingers said:

Gotta you covered on WOZ

Awesome Buddy


#21 1 year ago

I think I am bringing my Hollywood Heat on crack. I will also have Stern LED backboard lighting kits for sale for $20 in Warm White, Red, Green, Blue, and Blacklight flavors and Bally/Williams kits for $25

I will have my usual vintage console games for sale. Cartridges for just about every classic system ever made.

If anyone has any Atari or Nintendo console systems or games they want to sell, bring them to the show. I am always looking for gaming items for my collection. I collect just about everything gaming related.


#22 1 year ago

Show was a blast last year and with a DQ close by it's a definite WIN-WIN venue.


#23 1 year ago
scooter said:

Bring that Funhouse for sure,I still have my truck.

Funhouse doesn't work entirely, the usual project pins that I buy.


#24 1 year ago

I'll plan on bringing a few games again this year. Not exactly sure which ones yet... but I'll figure it out.


#25 1 year ago

Are there going to be any machines for sale?


#26 1 year ago
AMBoggs said:

Are there going to be any machines for sale?

there always is


#27 1 year ago

Depends on what I have at the time I may bring machine(s) for sale.


#28 1 year ago

Do you offer anything for vendors? I own VPcabs.com and may want to bring some pins but I don't want to be crammed back in the corner with the people selling small items. I attended as a spectator/player last year and it was a great show.


#29 1 year ago
shakenbake said:

Do you offer anything for vendors? I own VPcabs.com and may want to bring some pins but I don't want to be crammed back in the corner with the people selling small items. I attended as a spectator/player last year and it was a great show.

PM sent


#30 1 year ago

Just set up my reservations. Bringing whatever I don't sell at the OH show.

Scott


#31 1 year ago

Please keep the pins out of that brightly lit left area!


#32 1 year ago

I am going to try to be one of the first rail shooter games this year. I have been working on it for over a year and finally reaching the working point.


#33 1 year ago
Erik said:

Please keep the pins out of that brightly lit left area!

We couldn't agree more!! Dont worry, we are making modifications to the layout to have the machines not in the lit area. The only lit areas will be for the pinball tournament (ran by PAPA again...huge thanks guys!), and the vendors. There is nothing cooler than seeing a nice selection of pins glowing in a dark lit room !

-Jeremy


#34 1 year ago

We just booked our room for all three nights. Look forward to seeing everyone. Last year I had the FF speaker kits on sale and will so again this year. I will also have WOZ again and last year I had ACDC Pro with mods, now sold and Rocky which is also sold but I will bring two other pins which should be fun all weekend.


#35 1 year ago
doughslingers said:

I will bring two other pins which should be fun all weekend.

Hey Buddy, I am going to make this easy for you. You have to bring Caveman and TOM.


#36 1 year ago
futurepinhead said:

Hey Buddy, I am going to make this easy for you. You have to bring Caveman and TOM.

I'd love to see a Caveman! I've maintained a fascination with with dinosaurs since I was a kid, so the theme alone makes me want one.

Non-standard pins are fun to be able to experience. It was awesome last year seeing a Joust. I wasn't even aware of the head-to-head concept (not that I was or am a seasoned pinhead). Then I learned only something like 400 were made. That made me both very appreciative of the collector who brought it and curious how anyone manages to bring valuable gems to an expo with hordes of people, who aren't necessarily going to treat these games like they should, and not babysit their game the whole time or bite their nails when they're away.

I know it's counter-intuitive to the expo format, but I think I'd be too OCD to be comfortable bringing a game I really cared about (all of them! ). I know you have to bring games in order for there to be games at the show, so how do collectors get over it and enjoy themselves, or is that not a problem for most? Even having 6 family members over the other day to play my games had me too anxious to be able to really relax and enjoy myself, not to mention random things kept breaking...


#37 1 year ago
doughslingers said:

We just booked our room for all three nights. Look forward to seeing everyone. Last year I had the FF speaker kits on sale and will so again this year. I will also have WOZ again and last year I had ACDC Pro with mods, now sold and Rocky which is also sold but I will bring two other pins which should be fun all weekend.

Those would be good! Also if you want to bring your EATPM or South Park and sell them to me that would be fantastic

also I need a set of wpc95 speakers so I'll be getting those from you


#38 1 year ago
winteriscoming said:

I know it's counter-intuitive to the expo format, but I think I'd be too OCD to be comfortable bringing a game I really cared about (all of them! ). I know you have to bring games in order for there to be games at the show, so how do collectors get over it and enjoy themselves, or is that not a problem for most? Even having 6 family members over the other day to play my games had me too anxious to be able to really relax and enjoy myself, not to mention random things kept breaking...

I have brought games every year and love bringing them. Let's be honest here most of us get a rush when someone comes to our house and plays the games and enjoy them. Now think of a line of over 5 people waiting to play the game. Most of the people that come do not own a game and come to see something they normally wouldn't see. That is why I do it.
On a side note there are assholes there. You will see someone start game after game or shake a game a little to violently. That is where owners come in. I saw a guy mistreating a TAF last year and got pissed and went and shut it off mid ball on the guy. I have seen people shut off one of my games as well when a guy plays game after game. There is a pinhead within three feet of every game and you don't need to worry about it.


#39 1 year ago
futurepinhead said:

Hey Buddy, I am going to make this easy for you. You have to bring Caveman and TOM.

i would very much like to bring Caveman but that pin is so not dependable. It should have been named Gremlins. I just sold my original TOM for 4700 at the last Winston Salem auction. I might get another in trade. I am open to other choices.

IMG_4577 (800x533).jpgIMG_4577 (800x533).jpg (Click image to enlarge) IMG_4577 (800x533)-584.jpgIMG_4577 (800x533)-584.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

#40 1 year ago
futurepinhead said:

I have seen people shut off one of my games as well when a guy plays game after game.

So what's the etiquette here? If I get on a game I that I want to keep playing, when I get game over I look behind me to see if anyone's waiting and go for another game if not. It seems to me like a lot of people do that and you just have to step up behind them and wait for them to get game over to get your turn. Are you talking about someone who keeps playing in spite of a line?


#41 1 year ago

I like to bring pins that will hold up during the entire event as its best for everyone to play pins that work well. Last year ACDC had over 9000 balls played and WOZ 8800 as both had long lines each day. Rocky did crap out the last day.

Only issues at Chicago were the ramp protectors came off of Diner and Tron Pro was sold. ACDC again worked like the Pro it is, so fast and great!


#42 1 year ago

Buddy. Are you bringing invisiglass again?


#43 1 year ago
doughslingers said:

i would very much like to bring Caveman but that pin is so not dependable. It should have been named Gremlins. I just sold my original TOM for 4700 at the last Winston Salem auction. I might get another in trade. I am open to other choices.

IMG_4577 (800x533).jpg 77 KB

IMG_4577 (800x533)-584.jpg 77 KB

I'd appreciate seeing AFM. I was too dumb as a kid to be interested in pinball and missed out on playing what are considered A listers today, and I'm not far enough in my life to have the disposable income to buy an A lister.

Was the Joust last year yours? It got a lot of attention from what I could tell. If you had room to bring it, I'm sure it would be appreciated again.


#44 1 year ago
winteriscoming said:

So what's the etiquette here? If I get on a game I that I want to keep playing, when I get game over I look behind me to see if anyone's waiting and go for another game if not. It seems to me like a lot of people do that and you just have to step up behind them and wait for them to get game over to get your turn. Are you talking about someone who keeps playing in spite of a line?

Yeah you got it. There are some folks that start game after game, or 4 player games (and you can tell when they clearly know better).

I usually offer to play a 2 player game with the person behind me if I'm waiting in line. Not sure that's standard etiquette but it seems right to me.


#45 1 year ago
winteriscoming said:

So what's the etiquette here? If I get on a game I that I want to keep playing, when I get game over I look behind me to see if anyone's waiting and go for another game if not. It seems to me like a lot of people do that and you just have to step up behind them and wait for them to get game over to get your turn. Are you talking about someone who keeps playing in spite of a line?

It sounds like you have it...but yes, there are some people that will just punch in game after game even if there is a line behind them. This happens at every show. I'm guessing some people don't know any better and some just don't care. There was a guy at the Louisville show last year that I heard said "I paid my admission, I can play as many games as I want".

An game play etiquette sign at the door might help with this.


#46 1 year ago
winteriscoming said:

I'd appreciate seeing AFM. I was too dumb as a kid to be interested in pinball and missed out on playing what are considered A listers today, and I'm not far enough in my life to have the disposable income to buy an A lister.
Was the Joust last year yours? It got a lot of attention from what I could tell. If you had room to bring it, I'm sure it would be appreciated again.

I just had room for three pin after meeting some there with sold pins, plus I had to leave room for Invisglass and I also had 4 video games there. I like this show as it has all aspects from my childhood and love to help it grow!

Joust was the nice lady from Cincy, she brings many nice pins including AFM. I brought Rocky as I knew that was a pin many have not seen in person.


#47 1 year ago
Erik said:

Yeah you got it. There are some folks that start game after game, or 4 player games (and you can tell when they clearly know better).
I usually offer to play a 2 player game with the person behind me if I'm waiting in line. Not sure that's standard etiquette but it seems right to me.

Yeah...I'll sometimes ask folk behind me if they want to party up when it gets to be my turn. If they don't, I just play my single player game and then move on afterwards to leave the game to them. I'm pretty 50 / 50 when it comes to that. It really depends on my mood more than anything. Sometimes the person in front of me will do the same...sometimes I except and sometimes I refuse and just wait for them to finish up their game.

What I wouldn't consider proper is if you just finished a single player game and then you turn to the line behind you and ask if they want to play a multiplayer game. At that point, I believe your turn is up and it would be time to move along if there is anyone behind you at all.

I also like to sometimes make a big production of checking behind me to see if their is a line behind me when I finish a game (when their isn't). Just my way of saying "See? I looked! No one was waiting so I'm playing another game."


#48 1 year ago
DugFreez said:

It sounds like you have it...but yes, there are some people that will just punch in game after game even if there is a line behind them. This happens at every show. I'm guessing some people don't know any better and some just don't care. There was a guy at the Louisville show last year that I heard said "I paid my admission, I can play as many games as I want".
An game play etiquette sign at the door might help with this.

With that logic, that guy would sit on a roller coaster and not get off once the ride was over. No shortage of crappy people in the world.


#49 1 year ago

haha big production. Yeah that's probably a good idea too

Another thing I like to do is look for people with a name tag that says "erik." I offer to buy any of those guys a beer because they're generally parched and also pretty awesome


#50 1 year ago
DugFreez said:

I also like to sometimes make a big production of checking behind me to see if their is a line behind me when I finish a game (when their isn't). Just my way of saying "See? I looked! No one was waiting so I'm playing another game."

Yeah, it's not just a quick glance. It has to be exaggerated movement with the whole torso and neck twisting, so you can see if anyone is waiting to the right or left behind you, while your hands are still on the game. You have to take a little bit to do it in case someone is near and wants to play and they have time to walk up and get your attention.



There are 346 posts in topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Reply

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.