Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 402 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by cburnett11
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010014.JPG
    20150308_154717.jpg
    20150308_154609.jpg
    20150308_154629.jpg
    10713000_1082834338409580_7813367598243606988_n.jpg
    image.jpg
    BelFire.jpg
    BevWho.jpg
    Joust.jpg
    GCGIC.jpg
    20150307_154048.jpg
    20150307_154138.jpg
    20150307_154228.jpg
    20150307_155233.jpg
    20150307_155238.jpg
    20150307_162549.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weirpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 9 years ago

Hope I'm not closing on my new house that week!

1 week later
    #26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Dibs on futurepinhead's floor
    Anyone taking pins to sell? Where's Buddy?

Problem last year was no buyers...

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from Vongoosewink:

There were plenty of buyers last year, I saw many games being sold all weekend. Just in my little group, I sold an arcade game, and one of my friends who went with me purchased a pin.
    In my opinion, if sellers had trouble selling stuff, it was because their games were priced too high. It is unrealistic to expect top-dollar 'ebay' prices at a regional show.

The pins our group had for sale were not priced at ebay prices. The year before I sold 4 of 5 games - pretty quickly as well, but last year the pins my friends had for sale sat around and got low ball offers. OH show is the steadfast show for selling. I think I know who you guys are referring to with the high prices. He had something like 10 games for sale.

1 week later
    #42 9 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just got my tickets, and booked a room! This will be my first ever pinball show/tournament. I had a question:
    What should I expect for the tournaments that are being held? A,B,C divisions and Classics? what are the buy-ins, and if I come down Saturday afternoon, when will the qualifying rounds be over?
    Cannot wait to get my first taste of a pinball tournament.

Prepare to see some world class competitors here. A, B, C and classics. You get some free entry tickets when you pay to get in, but I can't remember how much additional tickets were. Not sure when the closed the tourney as well, but I think it was Sat morning. Phoebe would know

Scott

#43 9 years ago

A wishlist for some games - in no hurry, but if a good deal comes up I'm interested - may have some trade options as well:

Restorable FH - can have a trashed pf - cab must be solid w/no water damage and minimal rust inside cab.

Transformers LE - HUO preferred - no combo's please

Metallica Pro

Tron Pro

Scott

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

OK, so some games are brought in for general free play, and others are set up for tournament only? Confirm?
    If that's the case that seems fair, we could live with that. Though with my luck the titles we're interested in will still be tourney-only, ha ha.
    I'm looking forward to it. I have 10 and 7 yo daughters who are arguable more familiar with the NES, SNES, and '79 Intellivision than they are anything from Sony and Microsoft I liked my PS2 and 3, but these days I'm stuck in the past. So are my sibs when they visit.

Last year totaled about 120 games if I remember right with the tourney games. Plenty of games on freeplay

2 weeks later
    #79 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

I need a couple sheets of pf glass if any vendors are thinking about taking. Also a BSD plastic set

Trent will bring pf glass if you contact him before hand

2 weeks later
    #97 9 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I am looking for:
    Transformers Pro
    Radical!
    Grand Prix
    Bone Busters
    Firepower II cabinet
    Hyperball cabinet

Transformers eh? I thought Brian and myself were the only ones into that pin

#98 9 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Looking to get a Metallica Pro (LED) NIB. Who has one available and can deliver to the show gets my Dollars. PM me price and details.

I have one, but not sure I want to part with it

#116 9 years ago

Sat would be an EARLY start to try and qualify

1 week later
    #150 9 years ago

Almost ready for the show - POTC with a fresh clear on the pf - custom painted chest - cannon led mod, and more....

IMG_5270.JPGIMG_5270.JPG IMG_5271.JPGIMG_5271.JPG
    #158 9 years ago
    Quoted from conester:

.....I need someone to bring a Transformers for me to play!!! C'mon!!
    See everyone there!
    Brian

I need someone to bring a transformers for me to buy

#185 9 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Is it worth going on Thursday night setup night if you aren't bringing a game.
    Do they let people play the games that night at all?
    Tom

No - you only go in if you are setting up a game. Same with early Fri.

#222 9 years ago

Just doing some final tweaking now on POTC. Turned out pretty damn nice...

IMG_5282.JPGIMG_5282.JPG
    #273 9 years ago

Getting ready to head out now. POTC is loaded and ready. See everyone there.

Scott

#378 9 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

Power had been cut before I got to check end of show audits on JP, and I just got it set back up at home. It had 586 total plays.
    I had cleared the audits before the expo, but forgot to clear scores. I was very surprised to see that all the high scores were still mine... and I'm not even good. We're talking some that are less than 200 million up there and my lifetime high of 500 something million. Granted, I earned my scores after hours of continuous play while most people at the expo, with the exception of those jerks who purposefully start 4 player games when there's clearly a line behind them, get one game in before having to let the next person play.
    I wanted to give a big shout out to LouMatt for helping me unload JP, and futurepinhead and his cousin for helping me set up.

Surprised to see you pull the head off to load it - that is dedication if that is what you have to do to move a game.

Scott

#388 9 years ago

Plus this was the first year winter had any effect on the show. The OH show on the other hand kept getting worse because it was so early - that's one of the reasons it changed this year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weirpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-6-8-2015?tu=weirpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.