Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 402 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by cburnett11
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010014.JPG
    20150308_154717.jpg
    20150308_154609.jpg
    20150308_154629.jpg
    10713000_1082834338409580_7813367598243606988_n.jpg
    image.jpg
    BelFire.jpg
    BevWho.jpg
    Joust.jpg
    GCGIC.jpg
    20150307_154048.jpg
    20150307_154138.jpg
    20150307_154228.jpg
    20150307_155233.jpg
    20150307_155238.jpg
    20150307_162549.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loumatt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

The 5th Annual Louisville Arcade Expo is being held once again at the Ramada Plaza in Louisville, KY, March 6-8 2015. Three days of retro gaming - including pinball, video arcades, classic consoles and computers. Our pinball tournament is the last stop on the PAPA circuit before the finals and is ran by the PAPA people. We'll have costume contests, console tournaments, music, seminars, a charity raffle, and more!

This year's featured speaker is David Crane, founder of Activision and creator of awesome games.

We have a room rate of $79.95 at the Ramada Plaza which is conveniently located at the corner of I-64 and Hurstbourne Lane in Louisville Ky (9700 Bluegrass Parkway, Louisville, KY 40299). This year with your room you will receive 2 free breakfast vouchers! The hotel has an airport shuttle, so fly in, take the shuttle, and have a good time. The hotel is located near many restaurants and other activities. To reserve a room, just give them a call and mention you are attending our show 1-502-491-4830.

Bring a full size pinball or arcade video game and get a free admission for each game you bring! Give us a heads up by registering your games on our website if you are planning on doing this to help with our layout planning. For every game you bring and every day the game is at the show in playing condition, you will be entered into a drawing for door prizes. Last year we gave away a lot of awesome stuff from CPR and other great prizes.

Pre-Register and save! Just $35 dollars for a weekend pass right now! Visit our website for more information: http://www.LouisvilleArcade.com

Find us on facebook at facebook.com/LouisvilleArcade

Thanks and we're looking forward to seeing everyone again!

2 weeks later
    #6 9 years ago

Happy Holidays - just a reminder to book your room if you plan on heading to the show. The hotel usually sells out over the weekend. Thanks!

1 week later
    #16 9 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Hey Louisville guys, I stayed at that hotel in July or so while in town on business and Wick's was gone. What's there now? Any good?

The restaurant in the hotel is now called Stadium Joe's - it's a sort of sports bar. Wick's pizza was great, but the service was pretty bad there during the show. The food seems good, and the service is way better than Wick's so hopefully that works out better this year for people.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from forensicd:

Any pins for sale at this?

It's like other shows, where there are games for sale, and then there are games not for sale that people just bring for others to enjoy. Usually people post on here what they are bringing and what they are selling when it gets closer to the show.

1 week later
    #20 9 years ago

2 Months away! Don't forget to book a room if you are staying at the hotel, it usually sells out early. Thanks!

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

I have registered to bring JP with the hopes of LAX 2015 being the public debut of the improved T-Rex.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-improved-t-rex-work-in-progress#post-1167404
    Even if I don't have a final version together by then, I'll at least have a prototype that should hold up. An expo will be a good test for it, too.

Very Cool! Can't wait to see it in action.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Prepare to see some world class competitors here. A, B, C and classics. You get some free entry tickets when you pay to get in, but I can't remember how much additional tickets were. Not sure when the closed the tourney as well, but I think it was Sat morning. Phoebe would know
    Scott

PAPA runs the tournament and does an awesome job. It's like other shows where you get 3 entries for 10 dollars, and everyone gets 2 free entries for coming to the show. The classic qualifying is over Saturday afternoon with the finals that night. The A,B,C qualifying is over Saturday night with the finals being Sunday. All of that is subject to change, but that is the way it usually goes.

#50 9 years ago

All games are on freeplay. Last year there was about 120 pinball, 80 or so arcade video games, and about 100 console and old computer games. Kids 10 and under are free, there are costume contests, seminars, etc.. so there is plenty to do.

You do need to enter the tournament to play tournament games. I think Sunday the classics were available for free play since the classics were over. Everyone gets 2 free entries though, so if there is a game over there you want to play, just use the free entries for that.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

OK, so some games are brought in for general free play, and others are set up for tournament only? Confirm?

Yup - last year 120 on free play, then the tournament games (maybe 10?) can't remember.

Quoted from goingincirclez:

I have 10 and 7 yo daughters who are arguable more familiar with the NES, SNES, and '79 Intellivision than they are anything from Sony and Microsoft I liked my PS2 and 3, but these days I'm stuck in the past. So are my sibs when they visit.

All the consoles are retro - pre 2000. So you will fit right in.

1 week later
    #56 9 years ago

Only 6 weeks away - don't forget to book your rooms before they sell out.

To do so, just give them a call and mention you are attending our show @ 1-502-491-4830

Thanks

1 week later
    #67 9 years ago

Only 5 weeks away!

#72 9 years ago

Is there a running list of what people have registered to bring? I was thinking there was on the site last year, but I'm not seeing it now. It might affect what people commit to bring so that there aren't a lot of duplicates, but it's also fun to review and anticipate playing specific games.

It will be on the site soon

#78 9 years ago

There was someone selling them last year for $25 each or 5 for $100. He started selling them Thursday night during setup. I got 5 as soon as he rolled them out. I'm not sure if he sold out quickly or had some available later into the weekend.

Trent was selling them, he usually does. And they always sell out as far as I know. Everyone loves new glass.

3 weeks later
    #139 9 years ago

What is the range of time on that Thursday for setup?

We'll be setting up all day Thursday from about 9am on. The power probably won't be laid out and on until around noon, but if you have to bring a game before that, that is perfectly fine. We usually suggest people bring games in the afternoon if it doesn't matter to you when you show up. In the evening we'll order some pizza. We usually try to get out of there around 11pm. Thanks again to all who bring games!

Quoted from harmon1728:

Any word on the games being used in the tournaments?

Nope - PAPA guys bring the games for the tourney, so we don't know ourselves.

#153 9 years ago

One week 'til the show. Crazy! Last day to pre-reg for admission is tomorrow, after that you have to pay at the door.

Check out this promo video some of our friends made for us:

#181 9 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Anyone going to the Pre-Louisville Arcade Expo tournament at Zanzabar Tuesday night? The IFPA calendar says it starts at 10pm - double elim. bracket format.
    Looking forward to seeing and hanging out with everyone this weekend!
    -Steve

Steve - thanks for posting this on here, I totally forgot. I will be up there. Should be a good time.

#187 9 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

Is it worth going on Thursday night setup night if you aren't bringing a game.
    Do they let people play the games that night at all?
    Tom

Like others have said, Thursday is only for setup - and not open to the public.

#202 9 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

Matt, What time do you open up Friday morning?Thanks

The doors open to the public at 2pm. Before that, vendors and games are still being set up.

#372 9 years ago

Thanks so much to everyone who brought games and attended our show. With a foot of snow on the ground on Thursday morning, it was quite stressful for us, but the show turned out great and it was nice to see everyone again. We can't say thanks enough for those who braved the weather and brought games. As Phoebe said, let's hope mother nature is kinder next year. We can't praise our volunteers enough - They always do an amazing job. The PAPA guys and gals are amazing, as are our friends at Zanzabar who always bring a ton of games and have the best place to play. We met so many cool people from all over the world, it was astounding.

Best of luck to those at PAPA this week, and don't forget to support all of the other shows in you area.

Time for us to rest up. Thanks everbody, and see you soon!

Matt

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loumatt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-6-8-2015?tu=loumatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.