Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 375 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

clasics_next_(resized).JPG
    classics_lax_2016_(resized).JPG
    20160305_230628_(resized).jpg
    20160304_172020_(resized).jpg
    20160306_105045_(resized).jpg
    20160304_174930_(resized).jpg
    ShuttleStation_(resized).jpg
    20160306_215711_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    2016-03-05_14.01.25_(resized).jpg
    20160305_125029_(resized).jpg
    MetaShuttle_(resized).jpg
    P1010032_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0351_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loumatt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

The 6th Annual Louisville Arcade Expo is being held once again at the Ramada Plaza in Louisville, KY, March 4-6 2016. Three days of retro gaming - including pinball, video arcades, classic consoles and computers. Our pinball tournament is the last stop on the PAPA circuit before the finals and is ran by the PAPA people. We'll have costume contests, console tournaments, music, seminars, a charity raffle, and more!

This year's featured speaker is Steve Ritchie, designer of many great games through the years!

We have a room rate of $79.95 at the Ramada Plaza which is conveniently located at the corner of I-64 and Hurstbourne Lane in Louisville Ky (9700 Bluegrass Parkway, Louisville, KY 40299). The hotel has an airport shuttle, so fly in, take the shuttle, and have a good time. The hotel is located near many restaurants and other activities. To reserve a room, just give them a call and mention you are attending our show 1-502-491-4830.

Bring a full size pinball or arcade video game for free play and get a free admission for each game you bring! Give us a heads up by registering your games on our website if you are planning on bringing some to help with our layout planning. For every game you bring and every day the game is at the show in playing condition, you will be entered into a drawing for door prizes. Last year we gave away a lot of awesome stuff from CPR and other great prizes, like soldering stations, tools, stuff from Marco, stuff from Stern, Jersey Jack, Pinball life, etc... We're featuring the games of Steve Ritchie at the show, so if you have a Steve Ritchie game, bring it if you can! The more the merrier.

Pre-Register and save! Just $45 dollars for a weekend pass right now! Visit our website for more information: http://www.LouisvilleArcade.com

Find us on facebook at facebook.com/LouisvilleArcade or twitter @arcaderx
    Thanks and we're looking forward to seeing everyone again!

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I'm wanting to bring a whole trailer full but I wonder if there is going to be a place to park the trailer? .

Jared - yeah there are places to park a trailer, if you are bringing a trailer full of games.

And thanks to everyone who brings games to the show - you guys and gals rock!

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

I'll be there and am planning on bringing games.
    Louisville = fun!

Awesome, thanks Mark and the ReplayFX show = Amazing. Anyone who loves our show will love theirs as well. Check it out if you can.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from NicToria:

Always looking for new Pin shows to check out... THX>.
    Wondering about how many pins you guys had last year.. Just a ball park.. If you could... Love then vids and others things.. Also..
    NT>

Last year was crazy. We had like 20 inches of snow on the Wednesday night before the show, which around here is unheard of, and especially in March. So the pin number was down to around 80. We had around 120 in 2014. I would suggest checking out the walk through videos on our website (www.louisvillearcade.com) / youtube of the 2014 & 2015 shows to get an idea of what our show is like. Our show isn't just pinball, it's arcade video games / old consoles and computers / tournaments / costume contests / music... it's certainly not a show for everyone, but we like it

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Went to this show last year, and I am looking forward to it again!
    MAKE SURE you visit Zanzibar's Pub and Grub.

Zanzabar is awesome, and you should check it out if you can while you are in town. Since those pics they also have a WOZ Ruby Red, an AFM, and will have a GOT LE soon as well. Great food and drinks too.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from travisbmartin:

LouMatt, how's the vendor hall shaping up? Any pinball part vendors for 2016?

Honestly a parts vendor probably wouldn't do well at our show. We'd love to have them of course, but most of the attendees at our show are just people who like to play games and have fun, and not necessarily game owners. It's tough on vendors to bring all the parts people need to a show as well. Most of the vendors we have sell weird cool things and we keep them limited to keep the show about the the games and experience. If you bring a game and need something or something breaks, hit up the info desk, as we try to keep common stuff and some spare parts and tools around.

If you are looking for something specific you might want to mention it in this thread as someone might have it to bring.

The Chicago Pinball Expo always has a lot of parts and is a fun time and is only a pinball show. You should check it out sometime.

#36 8 years ago

I told Steve at Marco I better see a Marco Specialty booth there.

We'd love to have Marco. Told them that for years

2 weeks later
    #43 8 years ago

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays Everyone!

Just a reminder to book your room before they sell out by calling 1-502-491-4830

Thanks

1 week later
    #44 8 years ago

60 Day Bump! & Happy new year!

1 week later
    #56 8 years ago

50 Day bump!

The hotel actually seems to have a working rate code for us this year. Normally we just tell people to call to avoid problems, but if you would like to book a room this way, here is the link:

http://www.ramada.com/hotels/kentucky/louisville/ramada-plaza-louisville/hotel-overview?propId=RA42611&rate_code=LKLA

#62 8 years ago

Just booked as well. All you bastards saying you booked started making me nervous. I'll be there Thursday with games in tow.

Yeah, sometimes there is a volleyball thing going on that weekend that takes up a bunch of rooms, so best to book early.

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

LAX 2016 is dangerously close to the due date for my baby. If I'm even able to come for a day, I won't be able to bring a game this year. Sounds like this year will be another great one for pins.
    Looking forward to many future Expos and bringing my daughter.

Congratulations man!

#75 8 years ago

This year's charity raffle prize is an F-14 Tom Cat pinball machine!

To win, you can buy raffle tickets for $2 dollars at the show (all money goes to Kosair Childrens Hospital in Louisville), or donate 2 can goods (for a couple of Kentucky food banks). If you bring peanut butter, or tuna fish, then you will receive a bonus raffle ticket for each one. (Peanut butter and Tuna are food items that food banks like to get - in case you were wondering why we are doing that )

#77 8 years ago

For any video game fans on here, we're happy to announce that Billy Mitchell and Walter Day of King of Kong fame will be at the show this year as well.

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from mwiz:

Can you ask Billy to bring some more hot sauce? (they don't sell it where I live)

Yes, we certainly want him to bring some hot sauce!

Quoted from goingincirclez:

Side note: What will be the policy for getting things signed by Mr. Ritchie?

Steve is a great guy, and he is always happy to sign stuff and meet people. He'll be speaking on Saturday, walking around the show, and he'll have a table as well.

One more thing:

Not sure I mentioned this yet - there should be a Hobbit at the show at the Flip N Out Pinball booth (Larry Kitchen) so check that out as well, if you haven't played it yet.

#96 8 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Last year on the first night I believe the low temp was like 11 degrees, so yes, I would bring some winter clothes!

And all the snow last year... that was not normal.

So this year, let's hope for sunny skies and warm temps.

1 week later
    #133 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hogdiesel:

When will the game list be posted?

It'll be posted soon, along with the schedule of events. I'll post on here when it is on the site.

1 week later
    #137 8 years ago

3 Week bump! Crazy!

We started posting games on the website, and started posting events.... we will be updating them more and more over the upcoming weeks as things are more finalized.

#141 8 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Getting in Thursday and going to check out Zanzibar, any chance they will have a pre-expo tourney?
    Anyone here affiliated with them or know who would start this?
    Looking forward to the show and checking out Louisville!

I will check with them and see if they want to do something Thursday night.

We are actually going to do an IFPA Tournament at the hotel bar that Wednesday night (band at Zbar Wed night is why). Dates are messed up on the IFPA calendar right now.. and there is an IFPA tournament at a collectors house in Jackson KY on Thursday - bit of a drive (dates are also messed up on IFPA right now)

But - I will check with Zbar and see if they can do a tournament Thursday night for people in town. It's a must go to place while you are in town for sure though.

#142 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hear they have reg tournaments at Zbar but they don't register them with the ifpa.

Yeah, they usually do one Tuesday night... but it sometimes get moved. There are tournaments all the time up there, just not for points. Only for glory, haha

#154 8 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Getting in Thursday and going to check out Zanzibar, any chance they will have a pre-expo tourney?
    Anyone here affiliated with them or know who would start this?
    Looking forward to the show and checking out Louisville!

Talked with Zbar over the weekend... they will have a Tournament Thursday of Expo week (Mar 3rd) up there, drink and food specials as well. The tourney won't be for IFPA points, just for cash and glory like normal. Always a fun time. A local brewery Goodwood made a special beer for the expo that will be on tap as well... Flaming Barrel Stout, so try that out as well.

#157 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Any specials on cab rides?

Be safe, have fun, and uber it.

#159 8 years ago
    Quoted from travisbmartin:

Is there a set time for set up on Thursday?

We usually ask people show up after lunch, so it gives us time to get the power set up, stuff out of the way... but if you have to bring it earlier, that's fine, just give me a heads up. Or if you want to bring a game Friday that is cool too. If you are bringing a game we'll figure something out.

#162 8 years ago

CPR sent us some backglasses to give away at the show to people who bring games! They have always given us great items over the years and we can't say thank you enough.

Stern sent us some translites / fliers and plastics and Pinball Life sent us some Novus kits. We are so grateful to these companies and to the people who bring games to any show.

For each day your game is at the show on free play you will get a chance for the drawing we have on Sunday.

We'll throw in more items too as we get them.

As always - thanks to everyone who brings games, and donates prizes!

CPR_(resized).jpgCPR_(resized).jpg

#164 8 years ago
    Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Coming down Sat. What is the daily rate?

Preregister Day Rate- 20 bucks, Day rate at the door $25

More info on our site: http://www.louisvillearcade.com

#179 8 years ago
    Quoted from DMC:

Is a taxi the best way to get there from the Airport Hotel district? Approx how much? Will I be able to cab it back late on Fri night? Thanks.

The hotel has a free shuttle that runs to and from the airport actually. Give them a call to double check, but yeah uber or a cab would be fine too. Shouldn't cost that much.

#196 8 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Matt... Do you know time the tournaments start on Wednesday and Thursday?

The tournament on Wed is in the bar in front of the hotel ( Stadium Joe's) and will start at 8. It will be double elimination, randomly generated seeding. We will have 4+ games we will set up in there, and the points will go to IFPA.

The Thursday tourney at Zbar will just be for glory and money (no points) but they will have drink specials and food specials. Usually they start at 10 up there, but I am not certain.

Derek Fugate is doing a tourney at his house Thursday during the day...checkout the details on the IFPA site. It's probably a few hours from Louisville.

Zbar is awesome, so if anyone is in town, you definitely want to visit them.

#209 8 years ago

Awesome! Thursday I believe they are open pretty late. I want to say things will start to slow down around Midnight. Matt, sound about right?

We are out of there by midnight...so if you could 11 at the latest would be good to show up. After setting up/ dropping off the game, head down to Zbar for their party/ tournament that night.

1 week later
    #346 8 years ago

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone, and especially thanks to the fine people who brought games! We met lots of great new people and always nice to see so many old friends again. Having Steve Ritchie at the show was an honor and he is such a great guy (as most pinball people are!)

Time for me to rest and enter hibernation for a bit, but looking forward to seeing everyone down the road at other pinball events down the road.

All the best,

Matt

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loumatt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-4-6-2016?tu=loumatt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.