Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 375 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

clasics_next_(resized).JPG
    classics_lax_2016_(resized).JPG
    20160305_230628_(resized).jpg
    20160304_172020_(resized).jpg
    20160306_105045_(resized).jpg
    20160304_174930_(resized).jpg
    ShuttleStation_(resized).jpg
    20160306_215711_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    2016-03-05_14.01.25_(resized).jpg
    20160305_125029_(resized).jpg
    MetaShuttle_(resized).jpg
    P1010032_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0351_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#304 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Great Show. I went Friday by myself and then went with my parents on Saturday and met my brother and his wife, son and daughter. While waiting in line for Congo, my brother said, "Pinball is cool. Where can I get one of these?" Dad also was loving Cue Ball Wizard which I love also and wanted to show to them. Mom was loving Chuckwurt's GOT and was trying to think of a way to buy one. My niece couldn't stop talking about her 37,000 score on Hobbit. Niece and nephew are 9 and 12. So mission accomplished with the family.
    Some really great machines were there. I loved Matt's Alien Star and told him if he ever wanted to get rid of it to let me know. Phoebe's (and Larry's?) games were top notch. Mom enjoyed the CSI, I enjoyed the Metallica and loved how tricked out and personalized they were. I got to talk with Phoebe right before she had to fix the flipper button on Metallica. I'm pretty sure the Flight 2000 had a clear coated playfield. It played fast and mean. Gottlieb Star Race was a beast of a machine. Spider-man was fun. Pinball Magic and X-Files were neat. Skycursor was interesting and makes me want to look into that game. Thanks to everyone that brought games.
    There were also some interesting characters around. Dad and I enjoyed the guy who really enjoyed playing Addams Family and was wearing a tail but wasn't cosplaying. Brother wanted to get a picture with Doc Brown but missed out. He did end up getting a picture of Scorpion recording on his phone someone playing Mortal Kombat as Scorpion. Scorpception! Seeing Billy Mitchell, Walter Day, and Steve Ritchie was awesome. I made sure to shake Steve Ritchie's hand. I would have loved to pick his brain but there was too many people around.
    Mom and Dad were already looking for the next show in Nashville and my brother thought going to Main Street Amusements for the monthly tourney was a good idea. Everyone had a great time and thanks for all the time and effort.

That's a great story. I think this is why shows are so important. Bringing new blood into the hobby so it can stay alive forever. Thanks for sharing!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dannunz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-4-6-2016?tu=dannunz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.