Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 375 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

clasics_next_(resized).JPG
    classics_lax_2016_(resized).JPG
    20160305_230628_(resized).jpg
    20160304_172020_(resized).jpg
    20160306_105045_(resized).jpg
    20160304_174930_(resized).jpg
    ShuttleStation_(resized).jpg
    20160306_215711_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    2016-03-05_14.01.25_(resized).jpg
    20160305_125029_(resized).jpg
    MetaShuttle_(resized).jpg
    P1010032_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0351_(resized).JPG
    There are 375 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
    #351 8 years ago

Just looked at the qualifying scores for GOT at the expo. Was that game playing extra mean? I was surprised to see the top qualifying score at 2.5 bil. Especially when last year people were getting 600 million on ACDC haha.

#352 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just looked at the qualifying scores for GOT at the expo. Was that game playing extra mean? I was surprised to see the top qualifying score at 2.5 bil. Especially when last year people were getting 600 million on ACDC haha.

It wasn't too bad - and I suck - 54th with ~184 million.

Scott

#354 8 years ago

Haha. Did better than me in classics. I had to have a no show to get into that haha.

#355 8 years ago

How did the classic's finals turn out? I didn't see info on those.

#356 8 years ago
    Quoted from Iaintnobodydork:

How did the classic's finals turn out? I didn't see info on those.

I was in the B finals and can't find anything either - they still just list me at 44th for qualifications.

#357 8 years ago

Classics have been posted, no main as of now.

classics_lax_2016_(resized).JPGclassics_lax_2016_(resized).JPG

#358 8 years ago

more...

clasics_next_(resized).JPGclasics_next_(resized).JPG

#359 8 years ago

Those are qualifications - not finals

#360 8 years ago

I think those are finals with ties shown. Brian and I were eliminated by Steven and I think Mark... I qualified 15th, so the 20th tie makes sense for final position.

#361 8 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Those are qualifications - not finals

Those are IFPA results. Official....

#362 8 years ago

Maybe someone with more experience can answer this. Are anything other than the A division finals used for ordering the results? It looks like that may just be the ordering of qualification. I'm sure this has something to do with WPPR rules and I'm not concerned about it, just curious. I finished 3rd in B finals and see some above me that I beat, and some below that beat me.

#363 8 years ago
    Quoted from williams:

Maybe someone with more experience can answer this. Are anything other than the A division finals used for ordering the results? It looks like that may just be the ordering of qualification. I'm sure this has something to do with WPPR rules and I'm not concerned about it, just curious. I finished 3rd in B finals and see some above me that I beat, and some below that beat me.

Agree - I was 44th in qualification going into the finals in B and ended up around 8th. These standings are not final...unless papa doesn't care about B division.

#364 8 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

Agree - I was 44th in qualification going into the finals in B and ended up around 8th. These standings are not final...unless papa doesn't care about B division.

Due to division restrictions, data reported beyond A finals will be from qualifying standings.

#365 8 years ago
    Quoted from iepinball:

Due to division restrictions, data reported beyond A finals will be from qualifying standings.

Edit: I think I see what you are saying. Those people that didn't make A that have too high of a rank to be allowed to play in B, get locked into their qualifying standing? Then the people that actually played in the B finals just stack up around those guys?

For example, if I am Zach Sharpe and I don't qualify for A, but qualify 25th. Because of my rank, I am not allowed to play in a B division, so I am out of the tournament completely. But, by 25th spot is locked in, so the next 16 players that are allowed to play in B are fighting for a spot no better than 26th overall?

#366 8 years ago
    Quoted from iepinball:

Interesting - well so much for improving my standings much...

#367 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why would anyone want to play in a B division after qualifying if it had no bearing on your ifpa points?

For the experience and different places have different cash payouts.

#368 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is it only with this type of tournament because I have definitely participated in tournaments with B divisions before that my final B division standing is the one that counted. Not qualifying. Why would anyone want to play in a B division after qualifying if it had no bearing on your ifpa points?

Depends if there were restrictions placed on the B division. If anyone can play in B division then the B finals results can count towards the final ifpa standings.

#369 8 years ago
    Quoted from iepinball:

Depends if there were restrictions placed on the B division. If anyone can play in B division then the B finals results can count towards the final ifpa standings.

So in the case of LAX, because there were people that didn't make A, but are restricted from playing in B, it completely voids the opportunity for any changes to the standings past A division after qualifying?

#370 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

So in the case of LAX, because there were people that didn't make A, but are restricted from playing in B, it completely voids the opportunity for any changes to the standings past A division after qualifying?

Correct

(And I'm making the assumption that there were B restrictions. I wasn't at the event...)

#371 8 years ago

B was restricted to above 500 if I heard correctly.

I really enjoyed the larger field (A was 24, B was 16). It was my first time making a final and it was a blast.

#372 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wouldn't say it was playing extra mean during qualifying. The lower scores were due to the playfield x shot not registering on some of the hits. By the end of the tourney, it was maybe 50% of the time even from the right flipper. The game scoring dramatically is lowered when the play field x isn't registering especially in Blackwater multiball.

In the finals, after my group played it in the first round and it lasted about 35 minutes, the tourney officials decided to take out the outlane rubbers and turn the ball save off. Safe to say that made the game much more difficult and it was challenging to adjust on the fly. With not ball save initially, the strategy of lighting Lord of the Light is very dangerous.

#373 8 years ago

Gotcha. Yeah that ram can need some tweaking from time to time. Then those scores are pretty impressive with no consistent ram hits.

#374 8 years ago

As far as rankings go,
    ALL players are qualifying and playing for A division, it is open, and anyone can enter.
    This makes all the qualifiers count.
    After qualifying, there are still ONLY 24 players that can win, and are changing their position in A div.
    The (restricted) B division is basically a consolation bracket, and doesn't count, as those players are now out of the unrestricted open tournament.
    So their qualifying position, where they went out (of the open tourney), is where they finish.

#375 8 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

As far as rankings go,
    ALL players are qualifying and playing for A division, it is open, and anyone can enter.
    This makes all the qualifiers count.
    After qualifying, there are still ONLY 24 players that can win, and are changing their position in A div.
    The (restricted) B division is basically a consolation bracket, and doesn't count, as those players are now out of the unrestricted open tournament.
    So their qualifying position, where they went out (of the open tourney), is where they finish.

Yep. I understand it now, just wish there was a way to do this tournament where B division's finals actually mattered and could improve your position in the standings (obviously no higher than 25th). The tournament was very well run for the time that I spent in it. I had a blast again and cannot wait until next year!

There are 375 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-4-6-2016/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.