Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 375 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

clasics_next_(resized).JPG
    classics_lax_2016_(resized).JPG
    20160305_230628_(resized).jpg
    20160304_172020_(resized).jpg
    20160306_105045_(resized).jpg
    20160304_174930_(resized).jpg
    ShuttleStation_(resized).jpg
    20160306_215711_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    2016-03-05_14.01.25_(resized).jpg
    20160305_125029_(resized).jpg
    MetaShuttle_(resized).jpg
    P1010032_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0351_(resized).JPG
    There are 375 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
    #151 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bringing your mustang buddy? I would love to play that again.

I'll bring it, but only if futurepinhead sets it up/fans me with a palm leaf while I drink mai tai's.
    Man she is due 6th -8th...not looking too good. But Im damn sure gonna try to sneak a day in.

#152 8 years ago

Also, if you guys didnt play it last year, be sure to stop by the big purple stand up arcade SKYCURSER. I don't know many guys that have a debut album on Metal Blade Records AND did all the art for a kick-ass original arcade. Stop by and throw Chris Cruz some horns and give his machine a whirl. Good times !

#153 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

I'll bring it, but only if futurepinhead sets it up/fans me with a palm leaf while I drink mai tai's.
    Man she is due 6th -8th...not looking too good. But Im damn sure gonna try to sneak a day in.

Hey, I've moved up to making the Mai Tai's. I'll delegate someone to set the game up though.

#154 8 years ago
    Quoted from DNO:

Getting in Thursday and going to check out Zanzibar, any chance they will have a pre-expo tourney?
    Anyone here affiliated with them or know who would start this?
    Looking forward to the show and checking out Louisville!

Talked with Zbar over the weekend... they will have a Tournament Thursday of Expo week (Mar 3rd) up there, drink and food specials as well. The tourney won't be for IFPA points, just for cash and glory like normal. Always a fun time. A local brewery Goodwood made a special beer for the expo that will be on tap as well... Flaming Barrel Stout, so try that out as well.

#155 8 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Talked with Zbar over the weekend... they will have a Tournament Thursday of Expo week (Mar 3rd) up there, drink and food specials as well. The tourney won't be for IFPA points, just for cash and glory like normal. Always a fun time. A local brewery Goodwood made a special beer for the expo that will be on tap as well... Flaming Barrel Stout, so try that out as well.

Awesome, I plan on being there for that. It is usually on Tuesday/Wednesday and I have never been able to make it.

#156 8 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Any specials on cab rides?

#157 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Any specials on cab rides?

Be safe, have fun, and uber it.

#158 8 years ago

Well, my boss had to tell me the bad news today: No box truck :/

So I'm bringing only Swords of Fury and Sorcerer.

Is there a set time for set up on Thursday? Because my backup plan now is to drive one game up to the show, come back to Evansville, and drive the other game there. I fear a 4pm to midnight setup day for me.

#159 8 years ago
    Quoted from travisbmartin:

Is there a set time for set up on Thursday?

We usually ask people show up after lunch, so it gives us time to get the power set up, stuff out of the way... but if you have to bring it earlier, that's fine, just give me a heads up. Or if you want to bring a game Friday that is cool too. If you are bringing a game we'll figure something out.

#160 8 years ago

I'll be there most of Friday afternoon to help people set up. Just hide your toppers.

#161 8 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

We usually ask people show up after lunch, so it gives us time to get the power set up, stuff out of the way... but if you have to bring it earlier, that's fine, just give me a heads up. Or if you want to bring a game Friday that is cool too. If you are bringing a game we'll figure something out.

Thanks. It sounds like I've got more time than I thought.

#162 8 years ago

CPR sent us some backglasses to give away at the show to people who bring games! They have always given us great items over the years and we can't say thank you enough.

Stern sent us some translites / fliers and plastics and Pinball Life sent us some Novus kits. We are so grateful to these companies and to the people who bring games to any show.

For each day your game is at the show on free play you will get a chance for the drawing we have on Sunday.

We'll throw in more items too as we get them.

As always - thanks to everyone who brings games, and donates prizes!

CPR_(resized).jpgCPR_(resized).jpg

#163 8 years ago

Coming down Sat. What is the daily rate?

#164 8 years ago
    Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

Coming down Sat. What is the daily rate?

Preregister Day Rate- 20 bucks, Day rate at the door $25

More info on our site: http://www.louisvillearcade.com

#165 8 years ago

Cool thanks LouMatt, Can't get to that site from work, that is why I asked.

#166 8 years ago

Items I can bring to the show for sale:

Games
    NBA Fastbreak
    -- shopped, very nice condition. $2000.
    Funhouse
    -- unshopped, players condition, but plays. taking offers.
    Volcano
    -- unshopped. powers up and plays but needs some tweaking. $750.
    Sonic Prospector EM
    -- haven't powered it up, appears to be complete. $250.
    Ms Pac Cocktail video
    -- nice clean cocktail, was at the show last year. taking offers

Stuff
    Wizard of Oz translite: make offer
    2 wheel pinball cart: similar to http://user.xmission.com/~daina/client_ads/pinball_cart.html, $150
    ST:TNG complete plastic set (PPS rerun), see my ad on pinside, $150.

Fuses
    All fuses are either Littelfuse or Buss quality originals.

Fast Blow 3AG - AGC: 5/$1.50 (mix and match)

3/4A
    4A
    8A (super common line fuse)
    10A
    15A

Sloblo 3AG - MDL
    3/8A SB (aka 375ma) - $1/each

Sloblo 3AG - MDL: 5/$2.00 (mix and match)

2 1/2A SB
    4A SB
    5A SB
    10A SB

Sloblo 20x5mm 5/$3.00 (mix and match)
    [WPC-95/euro style T fuses]

315mA SB (GDC)
    4A SB (GMD)
    5A SB (GMC or GDC)
    6.3A SB (GDC)
    #167 8 years ago
    Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I see my old star race on the list of games lol. I'm guessing Jeremy finally got it going. I'm trying register my Super Mario Bros right now if my stupid computer will cooperate.

I did! It is close. Needs still some adjustments and a couple bulb sockets replaced. Pic attached !

0218162004a_(resized).jpg0218162004a_(resized).jpg

#168 8 years ago

Hey Travis--hard for me to commit to anything since wifes due date is that week, but if I can help you with transporting a pin just Lemmy know, and Ill do what I can.

#169 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

I did! It is close. Needs still some adjustments and a couple bulb sockets replaced. Pic attached !

0218162004a_(resized).jpg

That look great! I'm glad to see it brought back to life. It is a beautiful game.

#170 8 years ago
    Quoted from CoreyStup:

Items I can bring to the show for sale:
    Games
    NBA Fastbreak
    -- shopped, very nice condition. $2000.
    Funhouse
    -- unshopped, players condition, but plays. taking offers.
    Volcano
    -- unshopped. powers up and plays but needs some tweaking. $750.
    Sonic Prospector EM
    -- haven't powered it up, appears to be complete. $250.
    Ms Pac Cocktail video
    -- nice clean cocktail, was at the show last year. taking offers
    Stuff
    Wizard of Oz translite: make offer
    2 wheel pinball cart: similar to http://user.xmission.com/~daina/client_ads/pinball_cart.html, $150
    ST:TNG complete plastic set (PPS rerun), see my ad on pinside, $150.
    Fuses
    All fuses are either Littelfuse or Buss quality originals.
    Fast Blow 3AG - AGC: 5/$1.50 (mix and match)
    3/4A
    4A
    8A (super common line fuse)
    10A
    15A
    Sloblo 3AG - MDL
    3/8A SB (aka 375ma) - $1/each
    Sloblo 3AG - MDL: 5/$2.00 (mix and match)
    2 1/2A SB
    4A SB
    5A SB
    10A SB
    Sloblo 20x5mm 5/$3.00 (mix and match)
    [WPC-95/euro style T fuses]
    315mA SB (GDC)
    4A SB (GMD)
    5A SB (GMC or GDC)
    6.3A SB (GDC)

Looking forward to seeing that NBA Fastbreak, Corey.

#171 8 years ago

I have a POTC I could bring if I have a sale/trade arranged before the show.

#172 8 years ago

JJP is shipping me a Hobbit for the Louisville Show this week. I hope to have it by Friday so in plenty of time for the show. Its coming direct from the Florida show so if you didn't get to play it there you will in Louisville. Make sure to stop by at the show and play! I'm happy to be able to provide this with JJP's help for all the show participants. I expect a long line for his one.

Larry
    Flip N Out Pinball

#173 8 years ago

I'd like to buy a new widebody playfield glass if anyone has one that they are willing to bring to the show. It may be a long shot, but thought I'd try instead of ordering/shipping one the traditional way. Thanks

#174 8 years ago

Is a taxi the best way to get there from the Airport Hotel district? Approx how much? Will I be able to cab it back late on Fri night? Thanks.

#175 8 years ago
    Quoted from DMC:

Is a taxi the best way to get there from the Airport Hotel district? Approx how much? Will I be able to cab it back late on Fri night? Thanks.

Uber for sure on your way there, and if you leave right when the show is over, Uber should still be around, if not, call a cab. Definitely do Uber though if you can. It's just an app you download on your phone. Takes like 10 minutes to get set up.

#176 8 years ago
    Quoted from cburnett11:

I'd like to buy a new widebody playfield glass if anyone has one that they are willing to bring to the show. It may be a long shot, but thought I'd try instead of ordering/shipping one the traditional way. Thanks

Email Trent to make sure. But I believe he told me at the KYSCS that he is bringing a pallet of regular and a couple sheets of widebody glass.

#177 8 years ago
    Quoted from murdock:

Email Trent to make sure. But I believe he told me at the KYSCS that he is bringing a pallet of regular and a couple sheets of widebody glass.

Thanks, I just emailed him to check.

#178 8 years ago

PM sent on the NBAFB, I want it if it's not promised away already.

#179 8 years ago
    Quoted from DMC:

The hotel has a free shuttle that runs to and from the airport actually. Give them a call to double check, but yeah uber or a cab would be fine too. Shouldn't cost that much.

#180 8 years ago

Thanks guys. Will look into those options.

Quoted from chuckwurt:Uber for sure on your way there, and if you leave right when the show is over, Uber should still be around, if not, call a cab. Definitely do Uber though if you can. It's just an app you download on your phone. Takes like 10 minutes to get set up.

Quoted from LouMatt:

The hotel has a free shuttle that runs to and from the airport actually. Give them a call to double check, but yeah uber or a cab would be fine too. Shouldn't cost that much.

#181 8 years ago

Will a list of the tournament games be made available prior to March 4th?

#182 8 years ago

OK, so the only two games I can extract from my house without a tantrum of Zeus, are Space Shuttle and Whirlwind... I see a Whirlwind is already on the game list, so that leaves Shuttle.

Thing is, that was my first pin, a family choice of great sentimentality, and my first "pin n00b crash course restore in a month in the living room" effort. It's beautiful and tastefully modded, and has held up strong for 18 months including a few 6+ hour parties... but at the end of the day it's still just cleared by Varathane. How well could this hold up to 36+ hard hours? What kind of "extra prep" should I consider? Will I be on the hook if something bad happens and in that case, how much tech and/or moral support would there be?

I guess what I'm trying to say is: philosophically, I'd love to share a game. But down to this one, I'd be heartbroken if anything happened to it, or it was somehow sneered upon for being less than perfect. And trying to get this thing out of my house by myself is not fun either. But if someone can bring a Varkon - of which less than 90 probably exist - is any of that an excuse?

Ugh, I hate the noise in my head sometimes...

#183 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

0218162004a_(resized).jpg

That's a cool game that I've never seen before.

#184 8 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

OK, so the only two games I can extract from my house without a tantrum of Zeus, are Space Shuttle and Whirlwind... I see a Whirlwind is already on the game list, so that leaves Shuttle.
    Thing is, that was my first pin, a family choice of great sentimentality, and my first "pin n00b crash course restore in a month in the living room" effort. It's beautiful and tastefully modded, and has held up strong for 18 months including a few 6+ hour parties... but at the end of the day it's still just cleared by Varathane. How well could this hold up to 36+ hard hours? What kind of "extra prep" should I consider? Will I be on the hook if something bad happens and in that case, how much tech and/or moral support would there be?
    I guess what I'm trying to say is: philosophically, I'd love to share a game. But down to this one, I'd be heartbroken if anything happened to it, or it was somehow sneered upon for being less than perfect. And trying to get this thing out of my house by myself is not fun either. But if someone can bring a Varkon - of which less than 90 probably exist - is any of that an excuse?
    Ugh, I hate the noise in my head sometimes...

You can do it, if anything more plays helps the clear coat. Read Vids Guide to Playfield Dimpling. I brought my Space Shuttle two or three years in a row and it had a brand new CPR. She still looks great

#185 8 years ago

it's still just cleared by Varathane. How well could this hold up to 36+ hard hours? What kind of "extra prep" should I consider? ...

It should hold up just fine I would think. For peace of mind you could throw a coat or two of wax on it.

Will I be on the hook if something bad happens and in that case, how much tech and/or moral support would there be?

We all take a chance anytime we take a game for the public to share for the weekend. From personal experience, I've never seen anyone abuse one of my games. I think for the most part people at shows treat the games with respect. There's always going to be an asshole here and there, but they are few and far between.

As for general breakdowns? That's going to happen at a show or at home for that matter. I consider myself responsible for my own game while at the show. If I have question about a repair, there's always folks that know more than I do at any show, just ask around.

so that leaves Shuttle.

Look forward to playing it!

-Steve

#186 8 years ago

Woo Hoo!!! One week to go. Looking forward to a great weekend of pinball and meeting more of you crazy Pinsiders!

#187 8 years ago

Will I be on the hook if something bad happens and in that case, how much tech and/or moral support would there be?

I'll go ahead and answer this too. Yes, if your machine breaks down, that would be on you for repairs. That being said, there are plenty of worthy techs there that will volunteer some time. Most will do it for free, others will ask for a little compensation. For instance, when I first started going, I would take a machine and it would break down, there was a guy who would always fix my machines for $25 or so. If your Shuttle goes down, I'd be happy to lend a hand. However, find me early because my repair skills get worse as the beers go down.

#188 8 years ago

Well let me clarify because I didn't want anyone to think I'm freeloading for a machine overhaul - I mean if that were available they'd be turning games away by the dozens wouldn't they?

What I mean is, of course I'm responsible, out of pocket and otherwise, for my own machine! BUT, if it fails and I don't have "random but otherwise common part" or "d'oh, I've fixed plenty fair enough but haven't seen this problem before and don't know what to do but it might still be simple?", how to find some help and parts? It'd be pretty embarrassing to lug a machine I'm proud of and then have Murphy's Law smite it into a silent anchor for some stupid reason, let alone my wife and kids enduring me Yosemite Samming and stressing the rest of expo because of it, ha ha....

#189 8 years ago

There will be games there that fail for random reasons. Sometimes they are able to be fixed by the owner, good samaritan, etc. Other times you just have to turn them off and/or unplug them and it's no big deal. It's pretty common to see a small percentage of games that are dark.

I've had games there that had issues. Sometimes we were able to get them back working fine. There's been at least one time where I just had to shut the machine down because it wouldn't eject a ball and obviously that's not going to work. There's also been a couple times where I chose to leave the game on because it was "working enough" and the theme attracted enough kids/players that either didn't notice or just didn't care about the issue(s).

#190 8 years ago

Well let me clarify because I didn't want anyone to think I'm freeloading for a machine overhaul - I mean if that were available they'd be turning games away by the dozens wouldn't they?
    What I mean is, of course I'm responsible, out of pocket and otherwise, for my own machine! BUT, if it fails and I don't have "random but otherwise common part" or "d'oh, I've fixed plenty fair enough but haven't seen this problem before and don't know what to do but it might still be simple?", how to find some help and parts? It'd be pretty embarrassing to lug a machine I'm proud of and then have Murphy's Law smite it into a silent anchor for some stupid reason, let alone my wife and kids enduring me Yosemite Samming and stressing the rest of expo because of it, ha ha....

There are generally folks there that can help if you need it, and most times parts can be found, we usually bring about everything imaginable that could break for whatever system of game we are bringing, but sometimes something breaks that is not expected for instance had a flipper bracket break in half on Congo at Expo not your normal break there but luckily a friend and Cincy pinballer had the part in question and we were able to get it from him and get it installed to get the game back up and going for the rest of the show. So yes things can break, unexpected things no matter how much you plan but normally there are folks out there that can help if need be.

Phoebe

#191 8 years ago

It'd be pretty embarrassing to lug a machine I'm proud of and then have Murphy's Law smite it into a silent anchor for some stupid reason

Nah, it happens, that's the good thing about us all, we know it will happen to someone. Maybe two years ago I think, I brought my Getaway and the Super Charge quit working right after unloading it. I just folded it up and left it off all weekend. I took it home and of course I found the issue right away under different light. It does happen but I wasn't embarrassed, its all part of the hobby, luckily, 99% of collectors understand that.

#192 8 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

There are generally folks there that can help if you need it, and most times parts can be found, we usually bring about everything imaginable that could break for whatever system of game we are bringing, but sometimes something breaks that is not expected for instance had a flipper bracket break in half on Congo at Expo not your normal break there but luckily a friend and Cincy pinballer had the part in question and we were able to get it from him and get it installed to get the game back up and going for the rest of the show. So yes things can break, unexpected things no matter how much you plan but normally there are folks out there that can help if need be

Also true, I had a game lose a leg leveler during travel, don't ask me how but it happened. I went up to Phoebe here and she pointed me to the direction of someone in their group that had some and I bought it off of them.

#193 8 years ago
    Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Woo Hoo!!! One week to go. Looking forward to a great weekend of pinball and meeting more of you crazy Pinsiders!

YEP!!! can't wait!! Now if this damn weather would make up its mind...I need to get the trailer loaded... Joust, Varkon and Robotron are all packed and ready, just gotta wait for Mother Nature to make up her mind before I load them and the other pins I'm taking up!!

Phoebe

#194 8 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Now if this damn weather would make up its mind...

No doubt! Extended forecast for Louisville is calling for a 60% chance of evening showers on set-up day Thursday. Nice and in the upper 40's-lower 50's for the weekend... Much better than the 8" of snow we had to contend with last year.

With rain forecast for early in the week, I'll probably move my games to the garage this weekend so I don't get the Vue stuck in the yard on the way back up from the walkout basement.

-Steve

#195 8 years ago

Matt... Do you know time the tournaments start on Wednesday and Thursday?

#196 8 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

Matt... Do you know time the tournaments start on Wednesday and Thursday?

The tournament on Wed is in the bar in front of the hotel ( Stadium Joe's) and will start at 8. It will be double elimination, randomly generated seeding. We will have 4+ games we will set up in there, and the points will go to IFPA.

The Thursday tourney at Zbar will just be for glory and money (no points) but they will have drink specials and food specials. Usually they start at 10 up there, but I am not certain.

Derek Fugate is doing a tourney at his house Thursday during the day...checkout the details on the IFPA site. It's probably a few hours from Louisville.

Zbar is awesome, so if anyone is in town, you definitely want to visit them.

#197 8 years ago

Ok I'm planning on bringing Firepower, Lord of the rings, Spiderman, and maybe one more. As in years passed, we will head down Friday morning.

#198 8 years ago

I checked on my Getaway last night. It is still playing great, I had to replace a T nut that wiggled loose and disappeared but she's ready for the show. That's the only pin I am able to bring this year but I'll be bringing three arcades with me.

#199 8 years ago

I'm posting a heads up that I will be there some time after 7:30 pm on Thursday to set up in the Cincy area... I'm hauling 3 pins, 1 arcade, and 2 tables of junk to sell...

#200 8 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I'm posting a heads up that I will be there some time after 7:30 pm on Thursday to set up in the Cincy area... I'm hauling 4 pins, 1 arcade, and 2 tables of junk to sell...

Safe travels and See you when you get there Matt, we are planning to be there around 2pm Thur. with 6 pins and Robotron!
    Come on Mother Nature...pretty please give us a break already!!

Phoebe

There are 375 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/louisville-arcade-expo-march-4-6-2016/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.