New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 146053)

Louisville Arcade Expo March 4-6 2016

By LouMatt

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 375 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 35 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

clasics_next_(resized).JPG
    classics_lax_2016_(resized).JPG
    20160305_230628_(resized).jpg
    20160304_172020_(resized).jpg
    20160306_105045_(resized).jpg
    20160304_174930_(resized).jpg
    ShuttleStation_(resized).jpg
    20160306_215711_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    2016-03-05_14.01.25_(resized).jpg
    20160305_125029_(resized).jpg
    MetaShuttle_(resized).jpg
    P1010032_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0351_(resized).JPG

There are 375 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 4 years ago

The 6th Annual Louisville Arcade Expo is being held once again at the Ramada Plaza in Louisville, KY, March 4-6 2016. Three days of retro gaming - including pinball, video arcades, classic consoles and computers. Our pinball tournament is the last stop on the PAPA circuit before the finals and is ran by the PAPA people. We'll have costume contests, console tournaments, music, seminars, a charity raffle, and more!

This year's featured speaker is Steve Ritchie, designer of many great games through the years!

We have a room rate of $79.95 at the Ramada Plaza which is conveniently located at the corner of I-64 and Hurstbourne Lane in Louisville Ky (9700 Bluegrass Parkway, Louisville, KY 40299). The hotel has an airport shuttle, so fly in, take the shuttle, and have a good time. The hotel is located near many restaurants and other activities. To reserve a room, just give them a call and mention you are attending our show 1-502-491-4830.

Bring a full size pinball or arcade video game for free play and get a free admission for each game you bring! Give us a heads up by registering your games on our website if you are planning on bringing some to help with our layout planning. For every game you bring and every day the game is at the show in playing condition, you will be entered into a drawing for door prizes. Last year we gave away a lot of awesome stuff from CPR and other great prizes, like soldering stations, tools, stuff from Marco, stuff from Stern, Jersey Jack, Pinball life, etc... We're featuring the games of Steve Ritchie at the show, so if you have a Steve Ritchie game, bring it if you can! The more the merrier.

Pre-Register and save! Just $45 dollars for a weekend pass right now! Visit our website for more information: http://www.LouisvilleArcade.com

Find us on facebook at facebook.com/LouisvilleArcade or twitter @arcaderx
    Thanks and we're looking forward to seeing everyone again!

#2 4 years ago

Hey Matt, awesome announcement on Steve Ritchie! I can't wait to be there, now I just need to decide what to bring.

#3 4 years ago

I look forward to going to this event every year. One of the best for sure.

#4 4 years ago

A great show, can't wait!.. Sign me up for bringing a F-14 and Hyperball, going with the Steve Ritchie theme!

Damon

#5 4 years ago

Hard to believe it's almost here already. Seems like we just finished up LAX2015!

Hope everyone can come out to one of the best shows of the year!

#6 4 years ago

Can't wait - one of my favorite shows!

#7 4 years ago

Time to start shopping the games!

#8 4 years ago

It's going to be good to catch up with you all.

#9 4 years ago

Can't wait!! i had so much fun last year.

#10 4 years ago

Now what to bring? It looks like it would be a good weekend to bring Spiderman.

#11 4 years ago

I'm wanting to bring a whole trailer full but I wonder if there is going to be a place to park the trailer? I never really paid attention before. I know the OH crowd has parked them behind the hotel before, I'm hoping that might still be an option this year.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

I'm wanting to bring a whole trailer full but I wonder if there is going to be a place to park the trailer? .

Jared - yeah there are places to park a trailer, if you are bringing a trailer full of games.

And thanks to everyone who brings games to the show - you guys and gals rock!

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

Jared - yeah there are places to park a trailer, if you are bringing a trailer full of games.

Awesome, the game pick ups have been plentiful this year so I will take a look closer to the show and see what all games people are bringing and pick and choose what is needed. In the meantime I need to get them all running 100%.

#14 4 years ago

You need to take the Playboy along with some "before" pics!

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

You need to take the Playboy along with some "before" pics!

Gotta finish it first! I got it to boot now, just stuck on getting the coils to fire and a few of the features aren't working well.

#16 4 years ago

I'll be there and am planning on bringing games.

Louisville = fun!

#17 4 years ago

I'll be coming back this year. I plan on bringing something. Don't quite know what yet though. Lol

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

I'll be there and am planning on bringing games.
    Louisville = fun!

Awesome, thanks Mark and the ReplayFX show = Amazing. Anyone who loves our show will love theirs as well. Check it out if you can.

#19 4 years ago

Always looking for new Pin shows to check out... THX>.

Wondering about how many pins you guys had last year.. Just a ball park.. If you could... Love then vids and others things.. Also..

NT>

#20 4 years ago

I'm in again this year. I'll plan on bringing a few as always. Firepower will be one of them..

#21 4 years ago

Can't wait to show off my Demolition Derby.

#22 4 years ago

Went to this show last year, and I am looking forward to it again!

MAKE SURE you visit Zanzibar's Pub and Grub. A solid 10+ pinballs on location to play...

371706-i.jpg371704-i.jpg371705-i.jpg

#23 4 years ago

Any thoughts on a Pinside meet and greet?

#24 4 years ago

Great! My favorite show of the year!

#25 4 years ago

I'll probably bring Swords of Fury again. I finally got that flipper figured out.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from travisbmartin:

I'll probably bring Swords of Fury again. I finally got that flipper figured out.

I knew what it was all along, I just wanted you to learn it for yourself

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Any thoughts on a Pinside meet and greet?

You know I'm down.

#28 4 years ago

Here is hoping and praying for no snow like last year!

#29 4 years ago

I knew what it was all along, I just wanted you to learn it for yourself

uh huh lol

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicToria:

Always looking for new Pin shows to check out... THX>.
    Wondering about how many pins you guys had last year.. Just a ball park.. If you could... Love then vids and others things.. Also..
    NT>

Last year was crazy. We had like 20 inches of snow on the Wednesday night before the show, which around here is unheard of, and especially in March. So the pin number was down to around 80. We had around 120 in 2014. I would suggest checking out the walk through videos on our website (www.louisvillearcade.com) / youtube of the 2014 & 2015 shows to get an idea of what our show is like. Our show isn't just pinball, it's arcade video games / old consoles and computers / tournaments / costume contests / music... it's certainly not a show for everyone, but we like it

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Went to this show last year, and I am looking forward to it again!
    MAKE SURE you visit Zanzibar's Pub and Grub.

Zanzabar is awesome, and you should check it out if you can while you are in town. Since those pics they also have a WOZ Ruby Red, an AFM, and will have a GOT LE soon as well. Great food and drinks too.

#32 4 years ago

LouMatt, how's the vendor hall shaping up? Any pinball part vendors for 2016?

#33 4 years ago

I told Steve at Marco I better see a Marco Specialty booth there.

#34 4 years ago

Guess I'll be bringing my pinball refinery acdc premium, and my modded out transformers pro.

#35 4 years ago

Honestly a parts vendor probably wouldn't do well at our show. We'd love to have them of course, but most of the attendees at our show are just people who like to play games and have fun, and not necessarily game owners. It's tough on vendors to bring all the parts people need to a show as well. Most of the vendors we have sell weird cool things and we keep them limited to keep the show about the the games and experience. If you bring a game and need something or something breaks, hit up the info desk, as we try to keep common stuff and some spare parts and tools around.

If you are looking for something specific you might want to mention it in this thread as someone might have it to bring.

The Chicago Pinball Expo always has a lot of parts and is a fun time and is only a pinball show. You should check it out sometime.

#36 4 years ago

I told Steve at Marco I better see a Marco Specialty booth there.

We'd love to have Marco. Told them that for years

#37 4 years ago

I was a bit disappointed last year due to the drop in the number of pins (did some 40+ not show up b/c of it??) and there were no suppliers (I was in need of new slings and new balls). I was able to buy those parts no problem in 2014. Hoping someone will set up shop in 2016, but maybe I'm the very rare customer. I will be back to the show in 2016.

#38 4 years ago

From my understanding they lost a large amount of people because of the storm. I heard it was a very significant amount. I came for the tournament and I know they had issues getting games for that too. This would lead me to believe that vendors and people bringing games were also in that group effected. I know even though it was light last year, I had a great time at the show and will be returning in 2016.

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

I was a bit disappointed last year due to the drop in the number of pins (did some 40+ not show up b/c of it??) and there were no suppliers (I was in need of new slings and new balls). I was able to buy those parts no problem in 2014. Hoping someone will set up shop in 2016, but maybe I'm the very rare customer. I will be back to the show in 2016.

Yes, I had a few friends not come down entirely and even more came but decided not to bring their games incase it snowed again on the way there or on the way back.

#40 4 years ago

Certainly did not mean to offend those who put together the show with my previous comment, I was just giving my honest opinion in the noticeable differences between the 2 shows. I'm a pinhead, so it was a little disappointing last year but maybe 2014 set the expectation way too high

#41 4 years ago

Show is a must go to event that is heavily supported by collectors of pinball, video, and console gaming. if weather cooperates I can see 2016 being bigger than 2014.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Show is a must go to event that is heavily supported by collectors of pinball, video, and console gaming. if weather cooperates I can see 2016 being bigger than 2014.

Agreed. You can't knock the show for having an incredibly unlucky bout with weather last year. The fact it was as well put together as it was under the circumstances is a testament to the organizers. Looking forward to yet another great show in 2016, blizzards, typhoons, or tornadoes be damned.

2 weeks later
    #43 4 years ago

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays Everyone!

Just a reminder to book your room before they sell out by calling 1-502-491-4830

Thanks

1 week later
    #44 4 years ago

60 Day Bump! & Happy new year!

#45 4 years ago

I'll be in town for Heli-Expo, and hope to attend LAX before I leave.

#46 4 years ago

reservations made

#47 4 years ago

ugh...so much to do before then.

#48 4 years ago

I know, right. Going to be a busy February

#49 4 years ago

I'm looking forward to it. This was the show that got me back into vids and pins.

#50 4 years ago

I'm gonna do my best to bring a game this year. Just not sure if I can swing it or not.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Plastics
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Flipper Room
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 265.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 21.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 20.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    There are 375 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside